Author Topic: Dre's Voice  (Read 2581 times)

love33

Re: Dre's Voice
« Reply #60 on: August 27, 2011, 09:09:45 AM »
You gotta look at the sales of the album rather than the single -- "Dre Day" propelled 'The Chronic' to 5 million sales and proved that Dre wasn't a one-hit wonder as a solo artist.  A whole album cost $14 where a single is 99 cent or free for most of us here.

quiksta80

• 'G'
« Reply #61 on: August 27, 2011, 11:12:50 AM »
Internet changed the whole demographics of music so its kinda hard to compare singles sales these days to something back in the early 90's when we didn't have digitial downloads of single songs. Its apples to oranges. Guarantee if the general population had to go and and actually physically buy the INAD single it would not rack up the number or purchases it has.

Actually it would be more sales considering the majority of the population could not get the song for free instantly. I'm an 80s baby and I know I spent a helluva lot more money on singles back then. Actually I don't even spend money on singles anymore.

You say INAD is dre's 2nd biggest hit based on the billboard charts which clearly comes from majority of downloadable purchases but then you say more people would be buying singles in the 90's because they couldn't get the song for free instantly like now so you're kinda contradicting your point.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #62 on: August 27, 2011, 11:38:21 AM »
Internet changed the whole demographics of music so its kinda hard to compare singles sales these days to something back in the early 90's when we didn't have digitial downloads of single songs. Its apples to oranges. Guarantee if the general population had to go and and actually physically buy the INAD single it would not rack up the number or purchases it has.

Actually it would be more sales considering the majority of the population could not get the song for free instantly. I'm an 80s baby and I know I spent a helluva lot more money on singles back then. Actually I don't even spend money on singles anymore.

You say INAD is dre's 2nd biggest hit based on the billboard charts which clearly comes from majority of downloadable purchases but then you say more people would be buying singles in the 90's because they couldn't get the song for free instantly like now so you're kinda contradicting your point.

How is that contradicting? INAD is selling millions in an era where songs are easily available for free, compared to an era where you were forced to spend money to get the song. There is less motivation to buy singles nowadays.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #63 on: August 27, 2011, 11:45:40 AM »

are u retarded? nobody bought singles back in those days... u ever seen someone in the 90's sayin "check this new cd single i bought"? lmao...nowadays, everyone buys singles for 99 cents on itunes. kill urself, dumbfuck.

You were an infant in the 90s, lol at you trying to tell me what happened "back in those days". Lets see, I still have a collection of old singles inherited from all my brothers so obviously they sold. Nowadays everyone downloads the song for free. Who spends money on singles? I sure don't. But back in the day, yeah I would've bought the single of a song I loved (or bought the album)

Sccit

« Reply #64 on: August 27, 2011, 01:08:53 PM »

are u retarded? nobody bought singles back in those days... u ever seen someone in the 90's sayin "check this new cd single i bought"? lmao...nowadays, everyone buys singles for 99 cents on itunes. kill urself, dumbfuck.

You were an infant in the 90s, lol at you trying to tell me what happened "back in those days". Lets see, I still have a collection of old singles inherited from all my brothers so obviously they sold. Nowadays everyone downloads the song for free. Who spends money on singles? I sure don't. But back in the day, yeah I would've bought the single of a song I loved (or bought the album)

i was never an infant in the 90s, u idiot, i was an infant in the 80s...i grew up in the 90s and have a lot of great memories from that time period, including shoppin at tower records, sam goody, record town, etc. i never said people didn't buy singles, i just said it wasn't nearly as popular as today, and most the sales were in full albums back in those days. nowadays, people buy singles on itunes for 99 cents all the damn time. it's easy and cheap. a lot of people prefer to spend 99 cents to download something in cdq with easy access as opposed to hunting for a free download and ending up with a bad quality version. it's just that most people feel like 99 cents is pocket change, so they dont mind dishin it out for a song they like...tons of people are buying singles right now as i type this. if u really think itunes didnt change the name of the game when it comes to single sales, u must slap yourself really hard...backhanded. go...

dameons

« Reply #65 on: August 27, 2011, 09:40:42 PM »
Spice Jew is a mark ass trick with no credible opinions , just shit talk.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #66 on: August 28, 2011, 02:49:03 PM »
Spice Jew is a mark ass trick with no credible opinions , just shit talk.

you realize you're dissing Nik? lol don't even know who you are but obviously you've been reading through my posts and getting emotional over them.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #67 on: August 28, 2011, 02:52:51 PM »

i was never an infant in the 90s, u idiot, i was an infant in the 80s...i grew up in the 90s and have a lot of great memories from that time period, including shoppin at tower records, sam goody, record town, etc. i never said people didn't buy singles, i just said it wasn't nearly as popular as today, and most the sales were in full albums back in those days. nowadays, people buy singles on itunes for 99 cents all the damn time. it's easy and cheap. a lot of people prefer to spend 99 cents to download something in cdq with easy access as opposed to hunting for a free download and ending up with a bad quality version. it's just that most people feel like 99 cents is pocket change, so they dont mind dishin it out for a song they like...tons of people are buying singles right now as i type this. if u really think itunes didnt change the name of the game when it comes to single sales, u must slap yourself really hard...backhanded. go...

You were 14 in 2002 right? That means you were 2 years old in the 90s.

Sccit

« Reply #68 on: August 28, 2011, 03:30:51 PM »

in 2002 i was 15, meaning i spent my childhood growin up in the 90s, idiot. slap yourself...hard. fucking 90's baby.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #69 on: August 28, 2011, 10:20:41 PM »

in 2002 i was 15, meaning i spent my childhood growin up in the 90s, idiot. slap yourself...hard. fucking 90's baby.

I'm older than you kiddo...and I was barely of age to be listening to rap albums in the 90s, definitely not the early part of it. You got into music the same time the internet was becoming popular. Stop fronting like you know what it was like "back then"

Sccit

« Reply #70 on: August 28, 2011, 11:06:59 PM »

I'm older than you kiddo...and I was barely of age to be listening to rap albums in the 90s, definitely not the early part of it. You got into music the same time the internet was becoming popular. Stop fronting like you know what it was like "back then"

wrong...i got into hip-hop before the downloading existed. i can remember being 6 years old and my uncles blasting eazy-e and 2pac on repeat...and before that, my pops was into run-dmc and digital undergound, the popular rap of those days. regardless, i was most definitely around way before itune single sales were available for download, so shut ur damn mouth if u have nothin 2 say.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #71 on: August 28, 2011, 11:09:51 PM »

wrong...i got into hip-hop before the downloading existed. i can remember being 6 years old and my uncles blasting eazy-e and 2pac on repeat...and before that, my pops was into run-dmc and digital undergound, the popular rap of those days. regardless, i was most definitely around way before itune single sales were available for download, so shut ur damn mouth if u have nothin 2 say.

lmao @ trying to claim you were a rap fan when you were 6. Your attempts to defend yourself are just sad. I would bet anything you were jamming to Britney Spears and Backstreet Boys.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #72 on: August 28, 2011, 11:17:23 PM »
^I ran into him at a Nsync concert.

lol @ disputing facts that "I Need A Doctor" isn't his second highest successful single.

I love how NIK kept saying, "you're too young" to me. Now he's run into somebody older than him & he's just further being exposed as a joke.

& I really love how he said "you gotta hunt down a bad quality version of a song, when you could just buy it for 99 cents" LOL. Yeah, NIK. It's impossible to find those download links. People only make threads across the internet, "NEW BUSTA RHYMES! LINK FOR CDQ DOWNLOAD INSIDE!".

BOX5 the best poster on this site yell

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #73 on: August 29, 2011, 12:42:40 AM »
Man y'all tripping people bought singles like crazy back then, 2 7.99 albums and a single was a warehouse staple, yell
got a good woman at home,& this broad i smashed be-foe
but in my dome i'm think'n will it be good as be-foe
ring finger says, to don't pursue it,the "k-9" in me says
"ain't-nothing-to-it, but-to-do-it"/
but if we bang and i get caught OH-BOY-YA!/
i pray to god the wife don't get kelis or elin's lawyer
www.myspace.com/panhandoelrcorp

Sccit

« Reply #74 on: August 29, 2011, 01:29:00 AM »

lmao @ trying to claim you were a rap fan when you were 6. Your attempts to defend yourself are just sad. I would bet anything you were jamming to Britney Spears and Backstreet Boys.

lol, get the fuck outa here, my uncles would whoop my ass if i bumped that shit...u faggots think that because you discovered hip-hop when u were in your later teen years that everyone is the same. like it's some sort of shocker that some people were exposed to rap in their younger days. hate to break it to u, bitchboy, but that aint the case...like i said, i was put up on rap when i was young as fuck, probably before some peeps on this board was even born. step your game up n quit postin with a salt-shaker in ur hand.