Author Topic: Game's Fifth Album - No features, No Namedrops  (Read 2253 times)

Deuce-Deuce

• Lil Geezy
Game's Fifth Album - No features, No Namedrops
« on: August 22, 2011, 10:53:29 AM »
This past weekend, Game announced that he was already working on the follow-up to The R.E.D. Album, due in stores tomorrow (August 23rd), with 1500 or Nothin' producer Mars. According to the beatsmith, the Compton, California native is taking a different approach with his fifth and final album for Interscope Records, explaining that the LP will be devoid of guest features and name-dropping in Game's rhymes.

"Me and Game was in the studio yesterday," Mars told MTV's Mixtape Daily. "We did two songs. That's coming along crazy. We're going to have no features: It's just him rapping. No name dropping, no little things people say is cliché about Game. It's just putting on the boxing gloves and going for what we know."

Mars, known for his previous production work with T.I. and Nelly, also serves as executive producer on R.E.D., an honor that he didn't see coming. He says that he was given the title because of "[Game] seeing that it wasn't about trying to get however many songs or just going up there and sending beats and just leave like other producers would. I just wanted to be there every day to make sure there's input," he continued. "Even if it was songs I didn't produce, I made sure I was vocal about it. He respected different things I would suggest."

http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/news/id.16545/title.producer-mars-says-games-next-album-will-have-no-features-or-name-drops
Fuck that club shit
I'm on that Dub shit

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
Re: Game's Fifth Album - No features, No Namedrops
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2011, 10:55:51 AM »
I'd be shocked if this wasn't his worst album.

However the production could be more on point.

jmj540

• Lil Geezy
  • YOU HAD YOUR CHANCE! YOU BLEW IT
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2011, 11:04:47 AM »
"no name dropping?"
lol good luck nikka

Lunatic

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2011, 11:15:03 AM »
LOL I guarantee he will name drop and will have plenty of features as well
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

Gamestarr

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • P
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2011, 11:16:57 AM »

Jimmy H.

« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2011, 11:51:52 AM »
Can't hate. This is exactly the kind of album I have felt Game needs to make. I hope it actually comes to fruition and that other artists mightt follow suit.

Greenbrigade

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2011, 12:00:19 PM »
I could see there bein no features but he'll find it hard not droppin names.

Detox Is A Myth!!!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Detox is the biggest marketing deception on Earth
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2011, 12:07:09 PM »

Exactly.  The label will tell him what to do, and Game will oblige or his album won't drop.  Maybe for his sixth album but not his fifth...

Remember when Snoop was going to do an album with no features...
"Detox" is a myth -- Bigfoot, Loch Ness Monster, Area 51, Iraq having WMD, Detox...you get it now?  It was invented by the Aftermath marketing department to maintain the fans' attention.  Notice how everytime a new Aftermath album is ready to come out, they always mention Detox is next up?  Because they are using the invention of "Detox" as a way to market other albums.  The sooner you realize that Detox is NOT REAL, the sooner you'll feel liberated.  Oh yeah, f.u. Aftermath for fooling us fans.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2011, 12:13:39 PM »
that's just a fantasy. he'd be lucky to have another official album released to begin with.. if 50 is mean, he'll tell jimmy to lock the nigga game up
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2011, 12:14:35 PM »
I can see him doing without name dropping, but no features? Nah not gonna happen.

Lmao @ a Game thread with youknowwho being the first to reply
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Gamestarr

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • P
« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2011, 12:30:37 PM »
Can't hate. This is exactly the kind of album I have felt Game needs to make. I hope it actually comes to fruition and that other artists mightt follow suit.

but not with Mars as a producer then. Beats come out dead.

Smackdog

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2011, 01:07:56 PM »
he puts everyones name in his mouth.......but no one makes songs mentioning him
"If you see me on a solo move believe that I'm strapped"  - dr. dre

"as he wondered what popped before he got popped, I told you this is dre and you know it dont stop"
"don't choke,  if you do,  you  have no clue, of what me and my homeboy Snoop dogg came to do"

Jimmy H.

« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2011, 01:24:56 PM »
I could care less who produces. It would be great to see Game just do an album where he's the one selling the album and relying on his own gifts as an artist. No big name producers, no guest features, and not using name-dropping. I don't know how things will pan out in the end but I'd be intruiged to hear what he came up with.

PhunkyDoob

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2011, 01:47:21 PM »
I could care less who produces. It would be great to see Game just do an album where he's the one selling the album and relying on his own gifts as an artist. No big name producers, no guest features, and not using name-dropping. I don't know how things will pan out in the end but I'd be intruiged to hear what he came up with.

I can see your point with the namedrops and features (at least some of them) but you don't want big time producers too? what's wrong with that? That's what every artist do, they get the best producers. I think you meant not the "right now" producers, but if you look through the album there's no "right now" producers there either. Don't see your point. Why shouldn't an artist in his position get the best producers whether their big or not? Ain't that what everybody does/want to do?

Yeah he got a few producers on his team but their def not on that level were they can produce a whole album full of quality beats. And then if he works with unknown producers people are gonna complain about the beats too.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2011, 01:49:09 PM by PhunkyDoob »

Okka

« Reply #14 on: August 22, 2011, 01:48:48 PM »
Bullshit.