Author Topic: Game's Fifth Album - No features, No Namedrops  (Read 2274 times)

UKnowWhatItIs: welcome to my traps....game over

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Game's Fifth Album - No features, No Namedrops
« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2011, 01:52:05 PM »
LOL I guarantee he will name drop and will have plenty of features as well

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #16 on: August 22, 2011, 02:07:06 PM »
remember the diary of compton?

Smackdog

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2011, 02:11:08 PM »

no, what was that?
"If you see me on a solo move believe that I'm strapped"  - dr. dre

"as he wondered what popped before he got popped, I told you this is dre and you know it dont stop"
"don't choke,  if you do,  you  have no clue, of what me and my homeboy Snoop dogg came to do"

Deuce-Deuce

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #18 on: August 22, 2011, 02:11:19 PM »
Yeah, he said that would be his fifth and Dre said he would need a good few years to complete it.
Fuck that club shit
I'm on that Dub shit

The Ultimate Pianist

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #19 on: August 22, 2011, 02:36:47 PM »
;D

Diary Of Compton : The Mad chills album.

EnzoUK

« Reply #20 on: August 22, 2011, 02:40:21 PM »
"The DOC: The Diary Of Compton"

Twitter: @EnzoUK

Jay Bananas

« Reply #21 on: August 22, 2011, 03:08:20 PM »
I guarantee you this will include nonstop references to Compton, Guns, Bloods, Rims...Pretty much every Game cliche there is. LMAO @ you nerds getting excited.

Jimmy H.

« Reply #22 on: August 22, 2011, 05:14:31 PM »
I can see your point with the namedrops and features (at least some of them) but you don't want big time producers too? what's wrong with that? That's what every artist do, they get the best producers. I think you meant not the "right now" producers, but if you look through the album there's no "right now" producers there either. Don't see your point. Why shouldn't an artist in his position get the best producers whether their big or not? Ain't that what everybody does/want to do?

Yeah he got a few producers on his team but their def not on that level were they can produce a whole album full of quality beats. And then if he works with unknown producers people are gonna complain about the beats too.
That's exactly my point. That's what every artist do. He's worked with every single A-list hot producer already. I'd like to see him challenge himself to go a little more personal with it. He's had access to great producers his whole career. Why not fall back and do something with some slept-on producer and take on a bigger role in the creative direction? If you're a fan of Game as a rapper or artist, it shouldn't matter who produces on them. We've had four albums worth of all-star guests and producers so why not him see what he can do without the Dr. Dres and Kanyes. Here's how I see it. Every fucking artist wants to be the next Pac but how many will go in that studio and do a "Makaveli" album, instead of "All Eyez On Me"?

DeeezNuuuts83

« Reply #23 on: August 22, 2011, 07:16:03 PM »
Sorry, it's not going to happen.  Impossible.

After Game said that he would retire if Doctor's Advocate didn't go platinum its first week but didn't retire as it fell far short, I don't really believe anything he says.

Deuce-Deuce

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #24 on: August 22, 2011, 07:33:54 PM »

Every fucking artist wants to be the next Pac but how many will go in that studio and do a "Makaveli" album, instead of "All Eyez On Me"?
Preach!
Fuck that club shit
I'm on that Dub shit

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #25 on: August 22, 2011, 07:43:22 PM »
Man did Game fuck some of your sisters or somethin?

All this is is an article where Mars says Game's next album won't have any features and he won't namedrop and were somehow saying he can't compare to Pac, he needs to work with less talented producers, and this is going to be his worst album.

Good thing I'm a Game fan. Apparently when you don't like him it takes over your life. Good thing I can sleep at night without grunting over a rapper lmao
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Tekniec

« Reply #26 on: August 22, 2011, 09:06:45 PM »
i have hopes for this to be a good album

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #27 on: August 22, 2011, 10:13:42 PM »
i like the name-dropping, i think it's pretty tite and it makes Game "Game".  as far as the features go i could care less even though i think there should atleast be a hook or two on there and a guest verse on a track or two.  too many bloggers be gettin caught up in the sheep life, if his name dropping is that irritating then you have no life and you're gonna die early

Jimmy H.

« Reply #28 on: August 22, 2011, 10:24:05 PM »
All this is is an article where Mars says Game's next album won't have any features and he won't namedrop and were somehow saying he can't compare to Pac, he needs to work with less talented producers, and this is going to be his worst album.
Nobody said anything close to that.

somehow saying he can't compare to Pac

What was actually said, at least by me, was actually complimentary in that regard. Not that he specifically couldn't compare to Pac but that if artists want to draw from Pac for inspiration, they could start with the work ethic, instead of the controversy. Since he's apparently doing so, I'm commending him for it. It is nowhere near an insult so you should probably relax a bit on that one.

he needs to work with less talented producers

The word is "less established". There are great producers out there who need that break. Game is at that point where he shouldn't need the person who makes his beats to be the selling point of his album. This is once again, not an insult. I think a lot of artists could benefit from this approach. What I liked about Pac's approach with his Death Row albums was he made "All Eyez On Me", which was this very commercial mainstream gangsta party double album but then he came back with this scaled-back and more introspective concept album when he did "Makaveli". I'm using the Pac example because it's the best one I can think of. All Eyez has numerous songs that where already being constructed before he showed up and were given to him because he joined the team. The same can be true of Game with "Documentary". This isn't a diss to either. It's just how it goes. That's not to say Pac didn't bring great energy and work to "California Love" or Game to "Hate It or Love It" but these were hit records before either touched the mic. Now, Pac for his part, understood all that was sacrficied in his favor to create that project so with "Makaveli", he took on the role of overseeing it. Instead of the high-profile features, he took less-established guys like Bad Azz and the Outlawz and employed the producing talents of people like Hurt Em' Badd and Big D.

I don't see why it is so insulting to suggest that it would be interesting to hear a Game album where his lyrics and subject matter are the featured attraction. I've bought every Scarface album since "The Fix" and I couldn't name you one person who produced a single song on any of them yet I still bump the fuck out of them right now. Same for a lot of Nas' albums. I think Cube's best work was when all you cared about was Cube rapping. Thing is today's artists crate a lot of overblown P.R. about how they changed the game or contributed when in reality, they're all mostly just riding a wave. Their music is entertaining but it's not groundbreaking. For any solo artist to say, "Hey. Fuck it. I'm doing a solo album with no famous guest spots or superstar producers". That's ballsy. It's banking on the idea that your fans actually want to listen to your music and your concepts, instead of some big name guy doing your beats. It's attempting to initate a creative change in an industry that is stuck in a stale pattern. It's a hard sell but if it works, that's true bragging rights. It's something you can put your name on and call your own. If you're a true Game fan and you believe in him being that guy on the West, why wouldn't you want him to be the one to hang his hat on this? What is the problem? What is the downside?

Good thing I'm a Game fan. Apparently when you don't like him it takes over your life. Good thing I can sleep at night without grunting over a rapper lmao

Yeah, good thing. You're being a fan hasn't made you the least bit overly-sensitive or defensive when it comes to others who might have slightly conflicting opinions on him.  ;D

dameons

« Reply #29 on: August 22, 2011, 10:48:22 PM »
He hates on Jay Z , but then he copies his " no features " idea from the Black Album......