Author Topic: Game's Fifth Album - No features, No Namedrops  (Read 2255 times)

Jimmy H.

Re: Game's Fifth Album - No features, No Namedrops
« Reply #30 on: August 22, 2011, 10:57:49 PM »
He hates on Jay Z , but then he copies his " no features " idea from the Black Album......
Jay's enitial concept for The Black Album was a different track with a different established producer. Game ain't doing that. Not having features isn't really something you can qualify as stealing an idea. It's taking a basic approach to something. You can have five artists all do and the results will vary depending on their individual artistic merits. That's why I'd be intruiged to see something like this catch on in hip-hop because the art form needs it.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #31 on: August 22, 2011, 11:00:43 PM »
Groupies like GangstaBoogy give Game fans a bad name

h2k4

« Reply #32 on: August 22, 2011, 11:04:54 PM »
LMAO @ this thread.  When he first came out and there were a few people talking about the name dropping, everyone was saying, "Naw that's his style.  THat's what makes Game "Game."  Now, everyone is complaining that he name drops too much.  So when there is word that he won't name drop on his next album, people are complaining that it will be his worst album and that it will be impossible for him to do.  The expression "Damned if you do, Damned if you don't" comes to mind with some people on this board.

I think if he can make songs like "Monsters In My Head", Rough", "Lost", etc.... he will have no problem doing an album w/o name dropping and maybe a few features doing the hooks for him.

As far as producers go,  I think he needs to pick one or two producers and have them work on the whole album.  A Cool and Dre/Kanye album would be dope.  Or a 1500 or Nothin/Kanye collaboration would be nice.  The only problem with having 1500 or Nothin doing the production is that they don't mix down the tracks properly.  Making the songs sound lifeless.

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #33 on: August 22, 2011, 11:05:12 PM »
Groupie? Lol far from it

I like his music so I read Game related threads. Makes sense

You don't like his music yet you pop up in every Game discussion to bitch about him and his fans. Make sense to you?
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #34 on: August 22, 2011, 11:22:59 PM »
You don't like his music

Wrong.

Groupie? Lol far from it

Really? You're in every thread defending Game against his own fans. That's groupie status. Groupies like you don't even like artists for their music. Instead you pick the artist as some character or hero to ride for. It could've been Game, it could've been someone else. But now you feel like you're on Game's "team" and its your obligation to ride for him against anyone else. Other artists, people who don't like him, or even fans of his who have a different opinion than you. Game is a multi-platinum selling artist who is doing quite well, regardless of whether his future albums sell or are well-received. There is zero point to dissing people with opinions on his behalf. You're not doing him any favors, you're not going to change anyone's opinion and Game will never know or care that you're taking it upon yourself to "ride" for him. If he did know, he'd probably laugh at you. As far as who's a fan, someone like me has a better appreciation for the good music that Game puts out than someone like you ever will. Because I judge artists on the quality of their music, and don't spend my time "riding" for celebrities against every little opinion someone else has.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #35 on: August 22, 2011, 11:32:29 PM »
Can you post something of you saying something negative about him? lol.

Jimmy H.

« Reply #36 on: August 22, 2011, 11:42:49 PM »
Can you post something of you saying something negative about him? lol.
Well, he accidentally did by saying something about no self-respecting black man would ever endorse a white person using the N-word against another black male. Not realizing Game did it once before on one of his G-Unot mixtape tracks. Ironically, the statement was meant to defend Game for dissing somebody else.

I don't know what's up with Boogy. He's been particularly emotional when it comes to Game lately. I get being a fan but he's putting people on blast as "haters" for having constructive observations like it's not okay to do that anymore.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #37 on: August 22, 2011, 11:45:58 PM »
Dude sits here & co-signs everything that h2k4 & Enigma says who are almost as bad as him & then just tells everyone who disses Game that they're blindly hating.

Enigma

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #38 on: August 23, 2011, 12:11:45 AM »
It's a little shocking is all. You've got established forums (SOHH, etc) that don't like Westcoast or Game for that matter who are calling this album the best of the year, saying he came correct, shocked everyone, are gonna purchase the album, etc. I mean, really really good reviews of his album.

And then you have this forum that should be standing up proud for an artist that has continuously repped this coast and had all the darts thrown at him possible, yet he still continues to drop quality (free quality at that) and maintain his relevance in the mainstream whenever his album is about to drop. The same cannot be said for most artists, let alone an artist kicked to the curb by the biggest machine in hip-hop backing him.

I feel that this is one of the bigger reasons the Westcoast hasn't risen to relevance in the 2000's - we ourselves hold the coast back. Anyone that's a little different from the norm from the 90's is neglected and/or dissed, but this forum loves people like Nipsey Hussle and Jay Rock. Now I know a lot of you aren't even from California or America for that matter - but nonetheless you're on a forum where Westcoast hip-hop is the major topic of discussion.

Mark my words - those 2 artists will NEVER achieve the same status Game has or Kendrick Lamar is on the verge of achieving. They aren't afraid to step outside of the box and try something different.

If someone thinks something is wack and criticize constructively, so be it. But the endless hating just displays ignorance. It also shows how little time people have on their hands.

I've been on this forum for 10 years - look at my post count, and then look at the post count of some of you people who have only been here for 2-3 years. That's the shit I'm talking about, Chamillitary. Spending all day of your life talking shit. Don't think I don't notice you mentioning me in your posts - I've only chimed in on Game in maybe 10-15 total posts in my entire existence on this forum, bub. You do that in a matter of 2 hours.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #39 on: August 23, 2011, 12:28:48 AM »
wait...you think Game steps outside the box anymore so than someone like Jay Rock or Nipsey Hussle?

KC-HOODSTA

« Reply #40 on: August 23, 2011, 01:21:20 AM »
just listen to the fucking music stop being hoes and ovver analyzing bullshit

Enigma

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #41 on: August 23, 2011, 01:27:03 AM »
wait...you think Game steps outside the box anymore so than someone like Jay Rock or Nipsey Hussle?

Without a doubt. Nipsey would never make a song with Ne-Yo, DJ Premier, Raheem DeVaugan, Common, etc. I've said it before - he may rep the blood stuff and what not, but his image and substance goes far beyond being some gangsta. He actually makes songs with messages. Nipsey could never make a song like "The Kill." It's the same reason why Nas, Wayne, Kanye, Rick Ross, Doug E Fresh, KRS-One, Jadakiss, etc have continuously fucked with this dude over the years. The same will never be said for Jay Rock or Nipsey, they just don't have enough universal appeal.

xxrayrayxx

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • SouthSiders XIII
« Reply #42 on: August 23, 2011, 02:12:53 AM »
I dont know about everyone elses opinions but I think that this could be a cool project to do. Having Mars work on it doesnt bother me. I thought Mars did a great job on RED and for them to keep this little chemistry going would be great. I think having no features plays into several reasons though. Its logical if you think about it. He owes Interscope one more album and he wants to get it done quickly and without delay. So this way he cuts out features which means cutting down on budget and on label politics. It would without a doubt make it easier to put out the album. Im not into over analyzing music anymore. These days if it bumps im happy and the flows are good then I dont have complaints.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com//v/hlAvgNjzukg" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com//v/hlAvgNjzukg</a> <a href="http://www.youtube.com//v/FjYQvYk0i7g" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com//v/FjYQvYk0i7g</a> <a href="http://www.youtube.com//v/HYEDlzaafLU" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com//v/HYEDlzaafLU</a> <a href="http://www.youtube.com//v/LiyY8C5fdK4" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com//v/LiyY8C5fdK4</a>

What Doesnt Kill Me, Makes Me Stronger

PhunkyDoob

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #43 on: August 23, 2011, 04:53:03 AM »
I can see your point with the namedrops and features (at least some of them) but you don't want big time producers too? what's wrong with that? That's what every artist do, they get the best producers. I think you meant not the "right now" producers, but if you look through the album there's no "right now" producers there either. Don't see your point. Why shouldn't an artist in his position get the best producers whether their big or not? Ain't that what everybody does/want to do?

Yeah he got a few producers on his team but their def not on that level were they can produce a whole album full of quality beats. And then if he works with unknown producers people are gonna complain about the beats too.
That's exactly my point. That's what every artist do. He's worked with every single A-list hot producer already. I'd like to see him challenge himself to go a little more personal with it. He's had access to great producers his whole career. Why not fall back and do something with some slept-on producer and take on a bigger role in the creative direction? If you're a fan of Game as a rapper or artist, it shouldn't matter who produces on them. We've had four albums worth of all-star guests and producers so why not him see what he can do without the Dr. Dres and Kanyes. Here's how I see it. Every fucking artist wants to be the next Pac but how many will go in that studio and do a "Makaveli" album, instead of "All Eyez On Me"?

Right but only thing is when 2pac did Makaveli he was the biggest rapper on the biggest label coming off of All Eyez On Me so he had way more freedom to do it. It's like saying why didn't he do the Makaveli album prior to AEOM? Obviously because he needed to sorta "revamp" his career he had been locked up mixed with all the other troubles plus he was on Death Row, so check how many features he had on that album (Snoop, DPG, Meth, Red, Dre etc) and how many hot producers he worked with (Quik, Dre, Daz etc). I can see your point but don't see how it would work in today's climate it's not like it's 2005 and Game has just gone 5x plat were he can do an album like that.

I mean the reason why artists do collabos other than wanting to work with someone is for business reasons. It it was that easy i'm sure alot of mainstream artists would've tried it by now but alot of them still haven't.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2011, 04:59:35 AM by PhunkyDoob »

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #44 on: August 23, 2011, 06:57:04 AM »
Groupie? Lol far from it
if so, why do you get mad about what others say about game