Author Topic: Game's Fifth Album - No features, No Namedrops  (Read 2212 times)

PhunkyDoob

• Muthafuckin' OG
Re: Game's Fifth Album - No features, No Namedrops
« Reply #45 on: August 23, 2011, 08:01:08 AM »
Groupie? Lol far from it
if so, why do you get mad about what others say about game

No disrespect to you but if he's a Game stan then your a Dre stan so don't be so quick to call anyone else out.

Fonkarround

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • https://soundcloud.com/fonkarround
« Reply #46 on: August 23, 2011, 08:22:03 AM »
just listen to the fucking music stop being hoes and ovver analyzing bullshit

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #47 on: August 23, 2011, 09:33:03 AM »
LMFAO, Game "steps out of the box" by making an album with 15 of the biggest names in Hip Hop, with some of the most well known producers & stealing all their flows & styles of their respective features. This is after naming his album in spite of Jay-Z's "Black" album (which somehow, you groupies still try to deny).

Yeah, Game is a real trend setter & clearly one of the most original.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #48 on: August 23, 2011, 10:26:54 AM »
wait...you think Game steps outside the box anymore so than someone like Jay Rock or Nipsey Hussle?

Without a doubt. Nipsey would never make a song with Ne-Yo, DJ Premier, Raheem DeVaugan, Common, etc. I've said it before - he may rep the blood stuff and what not, but his image and substance goes far beyond being some gangsta. He actually makes songs with messages. Nipsey could never make a song like "The Kill." It's the same reason why Nas, Wayne, Kanye, Rick Ross, Doug E Fresh, KRS-One, Jadakiss, etc have continuously fucked with this dude over the years. The same will never be said for Jay Rock or Nipsey, they just don't have enough universal appeal.

Is this a joke post? Game is a mainstream rapper. Hence he can make songs with big names. Other mainstream artists work with him because he has built those connections off his fame and because he has the money to shell out for them. I never thought I'd see the day someone would say putting Ne-Yo on a song is thinking outside the box.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #49 on: August 23, 2011, 10:29:50 AM »
Groupie? Lol far from it

No disrespect to you but if he's a Game stan then your a Dre stan so don't be so quick to call anyone else out.
no.
i dont ride for dre like he does for game

Portugoal

« Reply #50 on: August 23, 2011, 10:38:21 AM »
Groupie? Lol far from it

no.

3rd Coast

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Showin naked ass in the great state of Texas
« Reply #51 on: August 23, 2011, 10:46:39 AM »

;)

Jimmy H.

« Reply #52 on: August 23, 2011, 11:36:21 AM »
Right but only thing is when 2pac did Makaveli he was the biggest rapper on the biggest label coming off of All Eyez On Me so he had way more freedom to do it. It's like saying why didn't he do the Makaveli album prior to AEOM? Obviously because he needed to sorta "revamp" his career he had been locked up mixed with all the other troubles plus he was on Death Row, so check how many features he had on that album (Snoop, DPG, Meth, Red, Dre etc) and how many hot producers he worked with (Quik, Dre, Daz etc). I can see your point but don't see how it would work in today's climate it's not like it's 2005 and Game has just gone 5x plat were he can do an album like that.

I mean the reason why artists do collabos other than wanting to work with someone is for business reasons. It it was that easy i'm sure alot of mainstream artists would've tried it by now but alot of them still haven't.
I never suggested that it would be an easy thing. I'm saying it is something I would like to see a few artists try. And truthfully, don't think a lot of mainstream artists would try it if they could because there's a risk behind it. I think artists like these big collabos on their albums because they get to work with huge stars and it helps sell their project. I think it was probably about three years ago when I started noticing that all these mainstream albums have basically the same artists on them. Even in the 90's when you had albums like Chronic and Doggystyle, a lot of the collabo work went to guys on the label.

The problem that labels aren't seeing or at least not understanding is collaborations are over-saturated. In order to empahsize their importance again, they could stand to scale it back so they mean something again.

PhunkyDoob

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #53 on: August 23, 2011, 02:38:38 PM »
Groupie? Lol far from it

no.

of course cuz that's coming from yourself. don't take it as disrespect though not trying to start an e-beef and shit lol.

PhunkyDoob

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #54 on: August 23, 2011, 02:41:52 PM »
Right but only thing is when 2pac did Makaveli he was the biggest rapper on the biggest label coming off of All Eyez On Me so he had way more freedom to do it. It's like saying why didn't he do the Makaveli album prior to AEOM? Obviously because he needed to sorta "revamp" his career he had been locked up mixed with all the other troubles plus he was on Death Row, so check how many features he had on that album (Snoop, DPG, Meth, Red, Dre etc) and how many hot producers he worked with (Quik, Dre, Daz etc). I can see your point but don't see how it would work in today's climate it's not like it's 2005 and Game has just gone 5x plat were he can do an album like that.

I mean the reason why artists do collabos other than wanting to work with someone is for business reasons. It it was that easy i'm sure alot of mainstream artists would've tried it by now but alot of them still haven't.
I never suggested that it would be an easy thing. I'm saying it is something I would like to see a few artists try. And truthfully, don't think a lot of mainstream artists would try it if they could because there's a risk behind it. I think artists like these big collabos on their albums because they get to work with huge stars and it helps sell their project. I think it was probably about three years ago when I started noticing that all these mainstream albums have basically the same artists on them. Even in the 90's when you had albums like Chronic and Doggystyle, a lot of the collabo work went to guys on the label.

The problem that labels aren't seeing or at least not understanding is collaborations are over-saturated. In order to empahsize their importance again, they could stand to scale it back so they mean something again.

Yeah of course i'd love to see that too but i don't see that happening tbh. I'd rather take a Game album with little to no (random) namedrops than a feature-free album from him. I doubt any of what Mars said is true though i think it's a lil ploy to maybe get a few people interested (fans and haters who'll check it out to see if Mars really was right or not).

Raphael

« Reply #55 on: August 23, 2011, 03:15:56 PM »
Game should take notes from Chino XL on how to namedrop.

Enigma

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #56 on: August 23, 2011, 03:44:50 PM »
wait...you think Game steps outside the box anymore so than someone like Jay Rock or Nipsey Hussle?

Without a doubt. Nipsey would never make a song with Ne-Yo, DJ Premier, Raheem DeVaugan, Common, etc. I've said it before - he may rep the blood stuff and what not, but his image and substance goes far beyond being some gangsta. He actually makes songs with messages. Nipsey could never make a song like "The Kill." It's the same reason why Nas, Wayne, Kanye, Rick Ross, Doug E Fresh, KRS-One, Jadakiss, etc have continuously fucked with this dude over the years. The same will never be said for Jay Rock or Nipsey, they just don't have enough universal appeal.

Is this a joke post? Game is a mainstream rapper. Hence he can make songs with big names. Other mainstream artists work with him because he has built those connections off his fame and because he has the money to shell out for them. I never thought I'd see the day someone would say putting Ne-Yo on a song is thinking outside the box.

For a Westcoast rapper that you're calling a typical "gangsta rapper," yeah, I feel that recording with someone like Ne-Yo is stepping outside of the box from the norm of what someone like Jay Rock or Nipsey would do.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #57 on: August 23, 2011, 03:49:19 PM »

For a Westcoast rapper that you're calling a typical "gangsta rapper," yeah, I feel that recording with someone like Ne-Yo is stepping outside of the box from the norm of what someone like Jay Rock or Nipsey would do.

You mean as far as selling out? Hardcore gangsta rappers tend to not make songs with pop singers because its not their style. Someone trying to commercialize their shit and make soft records (ie. 50, Ja Rule) would. Lmao at thinking that going pop is stepping outside the box.

Simply_818

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #58 on: August 23, 2011, 04:35:29 PM »
doubt that'll happen. im just thinking he'll cut the name dropping in half at least. to say that he wont name drop at all, is saying an awful lot. the no features is a bit ridiculous as well, since game is not really a "hook type" artist. im sure he'll have a few features in there
I Stay On That Shit That Make Yo Bitch Act A Hoe Around Me!

Maully aka [Fitted Da Boss]

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • Karma is A Bitch...Know That!
« Reply #59 on: August 23, 2011, 08:49:09 PM »
LMFAO, Game "steps out of the box" by making an album with 15 of the biggest names in Hip Hop, with some of the most well known producers & stealing all their flows & styles of their respective features. This is after naming his album in spite of Jay-Z's "Black" album (which somehow, you groupies still try to deny).

Yeah, Game is a real trend setter & clearly one of the most original.

Ok even if he got that from jay...jay got his from someone else too...right now ur speculating that he stole the idea...that's what u think it isn't a fact

Ya Boy Is Off The Wall, These Other Niggas Is Titoooo!