Author Topic: Game's Fifth Album - No features, No Namedrops  (Read 2245 times)

h2k4

Re: Game's Fifth Album - No features, No Namedrops
« Reply #90 on: August 25, 2011, 12:23:45 AM »
^ I still don't see where you got the idea that LAX is better than RED.... LAX was filled with some good/average game songs. Doesn't have certified dope tracks like this one. To me anyhow. His lyrics are way better, people complain about the name dropping but each album he's name dropped less every time. Except besides maybe TD=DA. He doesnt name drop on this one like he did on LAX

If i had to decide right now, I'd say LAX>R.E.D.  Just listened to the album today and I'm not that impressed with what the label decided to go with as the final product.  The album is sort of all over the place. But that is just after 1 spin.

friscoliving

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #91 on: August 25, 2011, 08:41:27 AM »
i just didnt like the track with mario and wale, sure it goes in a different direction. I can still feel some of the softer beats. Thats interscope for you, I'm all for his move to cash money since he'll have more freedom.

h2k4

« Reply #92 on: August 25, 2011, 10:26:02 AM »
i just didnt like the track with mario and wale, sure it goes in a different direction. I can still feel some of the softer beats. Thats interscope for you, I'm all for his move to cash money since he'll have more freedom.

I agree.  I've only listened to it a couple of times, so maybe my mind will change.  At the moment, not feeling "Good Girls Go Bad", "Paramedics", "Hello", "Mama Knows".  The Dr. Dre skits are useless on this album.  I think if they were used on an album like DA, where the songs are a little more raw, it would've worked perfectly.

Jimmy H.

« Reply #93 on: August 25, 2011, 10:35:47 AM »
On topic though, I don't see this idea working for Game, he had what, 2 hooks on the R.E.D. album that he performed himself? Hooks aren't his strong point, which he knows, so unless he's gonna take some serious lessons in hook writing I just don't see him pulling it off.
But you can get other people for the hooks. It doesn't have to be Rhiana or Frank Ocean. There's plenty of ways to get an effective chorus.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #94 on: August 25, 2011, 10:38:55 AM »
On topic though, I don't see this idea working for Game, he had what, 2 hooks on the R.E.D. album that he performed himself? Hooks aren't his strong point, which he knows, so unless he's gonna take some serious lessons in hook writing I just don't see him pulling it off.
But you can get other people for the hooks. It doesn't have to be Rhiana or Frank Ocean. There's plenty of ways to get an effective chorus.

Like on LAX he used Chrisette Michele, Latoya Williams & Keyshia Cole.

Jimmy H.

« Reply #95 on: August 25, 2011, 11:49:08 AM »
Nah, man. I mean think about hip-hop before everyone paid attention to all that shit. I mean, did Snoop sing the chorus on "Gin & Juice"? Yet that still qualifies as a solo song in the sense of what we'd want Game to do.

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #96 on: August 26, 2011, 05:07:56 PM »

Has game even worked with those two before? What random names to bring up.

Jimmy H.

« Reply #97 on: August 26, 2011, 08:34:58 PM »
I'm just saying that not every chorus has to be done by a "name". You can just get somebody to create the right sound for you.

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #98 on: August 26, 2011, 09:14:31 PM »
I'm just saying that not every chorus has to be done by a "name". You can just get somebody to create the right sound for you.

Just cos its not a name though doesn't mean it's not a feature. Mars didn't say "no big name features" he just said "no features. Game needs features for his hooks, that's pretty much a facr

Maully aka [Fitted Da Boss]

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • Karma is A Bitch...Know That!
« Reply #99 on: August 27, 2011, 01:49:31 PM »
Hello and all the way gone has grown on me...

Ya Boy Is Off The Wall, These Other Niggas Is Titoooo!