Author Topic: "Game's ‘The R.E.D. Album’ First Week Sales Projected At 90-95k"  (Read 4414 times)

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I Made Jesus Walks/So I Ain't Never Going To Hell
Re: "Game's ‘The R.E.D. Album’ First Week Sales Projected At 90-95k"
« Reply #30 on: August 25, 2011, 01:17:50 AM »
I thought he would do around 125k, but this sounds about right. Still a lil early but he has plenty single worthy cuts that he can drop videos for and promote. The question is will Interscope back it.

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #31 on: August 25, 2011, 02:45:56 AM »
"Hello" could be big. IF they put it out.

Jimmy Iovine doesn't appear to like Game very much, probably still over the 300 Bars era. Just like when LAX dropped, "Camera Phone" had hit single written all over it, then it was placed on the bonus disc (wtf) then released as a single 5 months after My Life blew up (another head scrather-since when do labels not follow up hit singles?).

We shall see tho
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #32 on: August 25, 2011, 03:32:53 AM »

Jimmy Iovine doesn't appear to like Game very much, probably still over the 300 Bars era. Just like when LAX dropped, "Camera Phone" had hit single written all over it, then it was placed on the bonus disc (wtf) then released as a single 5 months after My Life blew up (another head scrather-since when do labels not follow up hit singles?).

We shall see tho
jimmy suggested to put him into g-unit and he also moved him to geffen later.

Enigma

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #33 on: August 25, 2011, 04:12:30 AM »
Is this even official? While I agree if true, it's nothing to place him in the discussion of someone like Jay or Kanye - but didn't Lil Wayne's last album do around 100k first week?

As someone said, I feel "Hello" can definitely blow up if pushed. But it's gotta be in the next 6-8 weeks if there's any hope in it transferring to album sales.

I'll bet this ends up doing more like 125k first week. Pretty damn good for an artist who was silent to the mainstream for 3 years and really got minimal buzz for the album.

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #34 on: August 25, 2011, 05:05:37 AM »
Is this even official? While I agree if true, it's nothing to place him in the discussion of someone like Jay or Kanye - but didn't Lil Wayne's last album do around 100k first week?

As someone said, I feel "Hello" can definitely blow up if pushed. But it's gotta be in the next 6-8 weeks if there's any hope in it transferring to album sales.

I'll bet this ends up doing more like 125k first week. Pretty damn good for an artist who was silent to the mainstream for 3 years and really got minimal buzz for the album.

You can't really compare it to Waynes last album though. I don't even know what it sold but it was an EP of throw away tracks that they just threw out there for xmas sales with little to no promo and no major single from what I remember

PhunkyDoob

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #35 on: August 25, 2011, 06:09:03 AM »

We shall see tho

I agree. Both 50 and Game are going through the same situation with the label especially with both of them having 1 album left on their contract. It's pretty obvious that the rap section over there on Interscope is almost gone, i think Iovine is only concerned with artist ala Dre, Eminem (he's a rapper but he's a pop-star in the sense of his popularity) and Gaga. I think that's their focus right now especially since Interscope really ain't pulling numbers like that outside of them. Even Def Jam had to lay off a bunch of people.

It's probably why we're in this pop era of hip-hop because the label wants their artist to reach a wider audience and say what you want but them pop fans actually BUY and SUPPORT artists only difference is they usually move on to the next pop star after a few years.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2011, 06:10:53 AM by PhunkyDoob »

The_Offence

« Reply #36 on: August 25, 2011, 08:26:43 AM »
Flop or is that okay considering the fact the album had no buzz or radio play?  Actually these numbers are higher then I expected.  I was thinking 60k, I think Game needs to pop out a greatest hits (but does he have enough good tracks for that) and bounce from interscope and try to re-establish himself somewhere else.  Maybe e1 or some indy and take what little star power he has left and start putting out these BWS acts...
no buzz ? this album had a buzz for almost a year. all those pre red mixtapes, nigga got radio spins, posted pics of him, dre & snoop in the studio, got dre features, dre beats, drake, radio play, tv play, used intercope like the album was dropping on intercope when it was really a geffen release and you saying the album had no buzz  ::)  nobody is selling albums now so its not really shocking but that album had the buzz most niggaz couldn't pay for.

PhunkyDoob

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #37 on: August 25, 2011, 09:17:24 AM »
Flop or is that okay considering the fact the album had no buzz or radio play?  Actually these numbers are higher then I expected.  I was thinking 60k, I think Game needs to pop out a greatest hits (but does he have enough good tracks for that) and bounce from interscope and try to re-establish himself somewhere else.  Maybe e1 or some indy and take what little star power he has left and start putting out these BWS acts...
no buzz ? this album had a buzz for almost a year. all those pre red mixtapes, nigga got radio spins, posted pics of him, dre & snoop in the studio, got dre features, dre beats, drake, radio play, tv play, used intercope like the album was dropping on intercope when it was really a geffen release and you saying the album had no buzz  ::)  nobody is selling albums now so its not really shocking but that album had the buzz most niggaz couldn't pay for.

No Dre beats were used (Drug Test was produced by Khalil), Dre picture means what? And that was in 2009, it was them working on songs for Detox too.

J-FUNKTION

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #38 on: August 25, 2011, 12:12:24 PM »
higher than expected...i think 70-75 is more likely..

i also expect this to stall at about 300-350, since like someone mentioned, interscope doesnt seem to really care about game..

Dogg Ly Dogg

« Reply #39 on: August 25, 2011, 12:19:49 PM »
Thread title is "Game's ‘The R.E.D. Album’ First Week Sales Projected At 90-95k" we may be wait and see lol who knows may be he will do 40k

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #40 on: August 25, 2011, 01:26:24 PM »
higher than expected...i think 70-75 is more likely..

i also expect this to stall at about 300-350, since like someone mentioned, interscope doesnt seem to really care about game..
if they didn't care about him, they wouldn't have let him drop 4 albums

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #41 on: August 25, 2011, 03:52:17 PM »
This is only Game's 2nd Interscope album. I bet they're going to try to fuck him out of 3 more albums and use the Geffen albums as an excuse (like they didn't count cuz they weren't official Interscope albums).

Game has a lot of stans tho. Check his twitter, he got niggas going out buying 2 copies in exchange for twitter follows lmao

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #42 on: August 25, 2011, 04:16:10 PM »
This is only Game's 2nd Interscope album.
every single one of his albums has been through Interscope.

PhunkyDoob

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #43 on: August 25, 2011, 04:19:11 PM »
This is only Game's 2nd Interscope album.
every single one of his albums has been through Interscope.

Was just about to say this.

@GangstaBoogy

Aftermath is a label on Interscope and Geffen is owned by Interscope too i believe, but it's basically the same thing.

So every Game album has been on Interscope.

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #44 on: August 25, 2011, 05:56:23 PM »
Ugh here we go again.

I'm well aware Geffen and Interscope are the same shit. But contracts are legally binding and extremely technical. If the contract says "this artist agrees to release 5 albums on Interscope Records" then believe me the court will say he's only released 2. Jimmy Iovine doesn't strike me as a friendly guy who's willing to let his artist just fulfill their contracts and leave for another label. Unless he's just sick of dealing with Game, which is very possible.