Author Topic: "Game's ‘The R.E.D. Album’ First Week Sales Projected At 90-95k"  (Read 4424 times)

Dikteta Dax

Flop or is that okay considering the fact the album had no buzz or radio play?  Actually these numbers are higher then I expected.  I was thinking 60k, I think Game needs to pop out a greatest hits (but does he have enough good tracks for that) and bounce from interscope and try to re-establish himself somewhere else.  Maybe e1 or some indy and take what little star power he has left and start putting out these BWS acts...

Lunatic

Re: "Game's ‘The R.E.D. Album’ First Week Sales Projected At 90-95k"
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2011, 01:30:45 PM »
That's pretty good. Around what I expected. The album should crawl to a Gold plaque after a few months.
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

EML

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2011, 01:36:51 PM »
I was thinking it would be in the 60k to but 90-95K i dont think is anything to be ashamed of but how do digital downloads factor into it?
Let's get along with the Mexicans
And we can all have peace on the sets again
Imagine that if it took place [ha ha ha]
Keeping the smile off their white faces
2pac
Blacks and Mexicans stop all that bullshit in the pen
Understand that is us verse them
Ice Cube

EnzoUK

« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2011, 01:40:27 PM »
personally anything less than 100k is a flop for game, hit single or not.

ima cop my copy friday reguardless, gotta support.
Twitter: @EnzoUK

BOX5 the best poster on this site yell

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2011, 01:48:34 PM »
Fucc sales if his fans like the album is all that should matter, shit only matters to his label and him those features yell
got a good woman at home,& this broad i smashed be-foe
but in my dome i'm think'n will it be good as be-foe
ring finger says, to don't pursue it,the "k-9" in me says
"ain't-nothing-to-it, but-to-do-it"/
but if we bang and i get caught OH-BOY-YA!/
i pray to god the wife don't get kelis or elin's lawyer
www.myspace.com/panhandoelrcorp

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2011, 01:49:51 PM »
Not surprising. He has star power as far as people knowing who he is, but he isn't "in" anymore

PLANT

« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2011, 01:53:26 PM »
thats pretty damn good, more than I expected....good for him, the album is dope.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2011, 01:58:25 PM »
Everybody needs to stop lowering their standards.

If Game wants to be in the same class as Eminem, Kanye, Jay-Z, Lil Wayne & Drake, as far as being poppin' in the game, he needs to be putting up their numbers.

I know sales don't mean anything, but pretty funny how Jay Rock sells 5,000, people are saying that's good & Game, supposedly one of the biggest names in Hip Hop & he's barely even touching 100K.

EML

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2011, 02:01:30 PM »

If Game wants to be in the same class as Eminem, Kanye, Jay-Z, Lil Wayne & Drake, as far as being poppin' in the game, he needs to be putting up their numbers.

I know sales don't mean anything, but pretty funny how Jay Rock sells 5,000, people are saying that's good & Game, supposedly one of the biggest names in Hip Hop & he's barely even touching 100K.
I never expected this album to even sell well and sales dont mean hes a bad rapper last I checked Nas is in class with rappers you stated and he doesnt sell that great any more. Im not defending people saying these numbers are good but being a good rapper doesnt require you to sell a lot.
Oh never mind I didnt read the poppin the game part ignore what I said.
Let's get along with the Mexicans
And we can all have peace on the sets again
Imagine that if it took place [ha ha ha]
Keeping the smile off their white faces
2pac
Blacks and Mexicans stop all that bullshit in the pen
Understand that is us verse them
Ice Cube

PLANT

« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2011, 02:04:29 PM »

Game is not in the same class as Kanye, Jay or Wayne in terms in popularity or sales.  But hes about to sell more than anyone on the westcoast, so hes still doing it big and holding it down.  I dont see the problem with 90k....Pretty fucking good IMO and way more units than 90 percent of the rest of rap releases.

West$ide Boi

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • 'Women, Weed & Weather'
« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2011, 02:07:11 PM »
that's not that bad, I got the album & I'll continue to support any of his upcoming projects

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2011, 02:15:25 PM »
That's pretty good. Around what I expected. The album should crawl to a Gold plaque after a few months.
wouldn't be so sure of that. 2nd week sales will be extremely low in compared to this

wcsoldier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • 12/20/09 - Welcome to the little Anna
« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2011, 02:16:39 PM »

nobody is sellin shit anymore besides the very big names in music  in general ( I mean artists who are known outside the kind of music they belong to) ... tell me which rapper outside the 5 rappers you named (plus TI and 50) has gone platinum ... won't surprised me if you have to go back to 2006 for that
Snoop doesn't even reach the gold certification if you add the numbers of his 2 latest albums

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2011, 02:19:20 PM »

Game is not in the same class as Kanye, Jay or Wayne in terms in popularity or sales.  But hes about to sell more than anyone on the westcoast, so hes still doing it big and holding it down.  I dont see the problem with 90k....Pretty fucking good IMO and way more units than 90 percent of the rest of rap releases.

There is no problem with 90K, I mean it is what it is. I'm talking about how Game refers to himself & how his fans speak about him. He should be doing 250K first week, no problem.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2011, 02:21:34 PM »

There is no problem with 90K, I mean it is what it is. I'm talking about how Game refers to himself & how his fans speak about him. He should be doing 250K first week, no problem.
true