Author Topic: Lil' Wayne "Tha Carter IV" (Discussion Thread)  (Read 1486 times)

Sccit

Re: Lil' Wayne "Tha Carter IV" (Discussion Thread)
« Reply #30 on: August 27, 2011, 01:48:20 AM »
- 6 Foot 7 Foot grew on me a lil bit
- Interlude was dope
- She Will is a solid single
- President Carter is the only real stand out track
- Outside of one of the bonus cuts, I could wipe my ass with this CD. I'd rather listen to "Lift Off" on repeat for 6 hours than play C4 from beginning to end again

go review the L.A.M.B EP insteada listenin 2 this garbage 8)

Banana's already gave your album a solid review. Nothing more can really be said.

he didnt really review the album, he attempted to review our personality/psychology...infinite was the one who gave an actual review on the music. thats what i'm lookin for, son.

Darkwing Duck (The Reincarnation)

« Reply #31 on: August 27, 2011, 11:55:36 AM »
jus finishd this.
Lil Wayne is uninpsired as fuck, the whole album is a testimony to bragadocius.. so fuckin sad. the typical Wayne-punchlines n lukewarm comedy is everywhere (n im used to it), but the subject matter is laughable. why cant a-list rappers just get all of that shit off the chest, on their mixtapes? this is an album, like fuck.. n im shakin my haed at times, when Wayne is smirkin to himself, ater he drops awkward rhymes that he thinks sound "cool" or "funny"
the music is generic n "bossy", n it works in small portions.. but the 808-claps transcended thru time on this bulshit. i know, dude's from the south, but can u have  "music" on at least 2 or 3 songs?

shits bumpable n skipable, nothin wack, but nothin special  -- n in comparison wit the previous efforts this shit is horrible (n i aint even heard "carter 3" yet.. i think) n def the biggest disapointment of the yr (shoouldve been justa DJ Drama-hosted mictape or somthin)

"6 Foot 7" is the best cut
n  smh # Shyne's verse on "Outro"...  :-[

rating: 2/5   :-\
« Last Edit: August 27, 2011, 11:58:53 AM by Michael Madsen »

Jay Bananas

« Reply #32 on: August 27, 2011, 03:21:53 PM »
- Interlude was dope
- Outside of one of the bonus cuts, I could wipe my ass with this CD. I'd rather listen to "Lift Off" on repeat for 6 hours than play C4 from beginning to end again

Banana's already gave your album a solid review. Nothing more can really be said.

he didnt really review the album, he attempted to review our personality/psychology...infinite was the one who gave an actual review on the music. thats what i'm lookin for, son.

What? I thought I captured the essence of the album well without a long ass track by track review. It's called journalism son.

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #33 on: August 27, 2011, 06:26:13 PM »
"Real g's move in silence like lasagna"...wtf? Yeah I'm not gonna listen to this album.

"As I get older I swear I'm gettin sick of rap" - Joe Budden
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Sccit

« Reply #34 on: August 27, 2011, 07:51:13 PM »
- Interlude was dope

What? I thought I captured the essence of the album well without a long ass track by track review. It's called journalism son.

wouldnt fly as a musical review, because u didn't review the actual music. u tried 2 analyze n review our lives, but it was straight comedy.. shit was a joke. funny, but u'd get more props if u gave a real review on the actual music instead of tryna play the part of the message board psychologist. this aint psychology today, it's dubcc, son.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2011, 07:54:17 PM by NIKCC »

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #35 on: August 27, 2011, 08:06:17 PM »
^Who would give him "more props"? You?

Sccit

« Reply #36 on: August 27, 2011, 08:09:54 PM »

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #37 on: August 27, 2011, 08:13:10 PM »

wcsoldier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • 12/20/09 - Welcome to the little Anna
« Reply #38 on: August 28, 2011, 01:11:30 AM »
this guy has some of the worst lines I've ever heard :

"Have it your way ... Burger King"  :-X

SCREWFACE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #39 on: August 28, 2011, 04:36:08 AM »
jus finishd this.
Lil Wayne is uninpsired as fuck, the whole album is a testimony to bragadocius.. so fuckin sad. the typical Wayne-punchlines n lukewarm comedy is everywhere (n im used to it), but the subject matter is laughable. why cant a-list rappers just get all of that shit off the chest, on their mixtapes? this is an album, like fuck.. n im shakin my haed at times, when Wayne is smirkin to himself, ater he drops awkward rhymes that he thinks sound "cool" or "funny"
the music is generic n "bossy", n it works in small portions.. but the 808-claps transcended thru time on this bulshit. i know, dude's from the south, but can u have  "music" on at least 2 or 3 songs?

shits bumpable n skipable, nothin wack, but nothin special  -- n in comparison wit the previous efforts this shit is horrible (n i aint even heard "carter 3" yet.. i think) n def the biggest disapointment of the yr (shoouldve been justa DJ Drama-hosted mictape or somthin)

define "music"

« Reply #40 on: August 28, 2011, 07:55:24 AM »
jus finishd this.

define "music"

why?

SCREWFACE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #41 on: August 28, 2011, 08:32:07 AM »
jus finishd this.

define "music"

why?

i thought all songs were music

« Reply #42 on: August 28, 2011, 08:41:30 AM »
jus finishd this.

define "music"

why?

yeah yeah, i know what ur sayn..
but ur takin it outta context. u know what i meant

sav

« Reply #43 on: August 28, 2011, 08:44:03 AM »
I'm waiting for the "Sorry for the album" mix-tape...  :-\

SCREWFACE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #44 on: August 28, 2011, 08:44:56 AM »
jus finishd this.

define "music"

why?

yeah yeah, i know what ur sayn..
but ur takin it outta context. u know what i meant

nah serious, do you mean using sampled drums instead of an 808?