Author Topic: clean up dubcnn.com  (Read 1036 times)

Sccit

Re: clean up dubcnn.com
« Reply #15 on: September 05, 2011, 07:14:32 PM »
But I'm pretty sure most websites still use html. It just seems like a shame to let the site suffer for years just because you guys don't like going in there and messing with code. I'm sure someone here would be willing to do it. Anyway, when you get the site together I could do album reviews. There's a section there for album reviews but they are all old albums. I listen to a fair amount of music and can probably do in depth reviews.

real spit...the site coulda been HUGE by now if it were just maintained properly. they just need someone livin in LA *cough*, who knows hip-hop *cough*, who's been around since the beginning *cough*, and would be good at updating the shit on a daily basis *sneeze*...handle it.

Dikteta Dax

« Reply #16 on: September 05, 2011, 07:57:35 PM »
You guys need to censor the n word off the forum, you got all these non black freely saying it and it ridiculous.  Y'all should just drop the cheese and upgrade this forum to vbulletin.  Also you guys should bring in a team that specifically handles breaking in west artist that people have not heard of and post stuff from the other newer artist.  Cause there is a big scene out here in Los Angeles and the west with rappers that got nices buzzes that bigger sites show love to.  Doesn't make sense that the biggest west coast website doesn't.  You guys should just install a word fess, takes 5 minutes and slowly repost all the articles from 2011 and leave a dubcnn archive post that can bring you back to the other stuff.

Eric - Dubcnn.com

« Reply #17 on: September 05, 2011, 08:11:00 PM »
You guys need to censor the n word off the forum, you got all these non black freely saying it and it ridiculous.  Y'all should just drop the cheese and upgrade this forum to vbulletin.  Also you guys should bring in a team that specifically handles breaking in west artist that people have not heard of and post stuff from the other newer artist.  Cause there is a big scene out here in Los Angeles and the west with rappers that got nices buzzes that bigger sites show love to.  Doesn't make sense that the biggest west coast website doesn't.  You guys should just install a word fess, takes 5 minutes and slowly repost all the articles from 2011 and leave a dubcnn archive post that can bring you back to the other stuff.

Said this earlier in the article minus the N word part and @NIK I live in L.A.

Sccit

« Reply #18 on: September 05, 2011, 08:37:46 PM »

Said this earlier in the article minus the N word part and @NIK I live in L.A.

i feel u...but do u have the patience 2 maintain the site n keep it updated? considerin that there are interviews from 2009 listed as "new", I'd say no, yafeelme? its nice 2 see we got staff in LA, though.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #19 on: September 05, 2011, 09:39:20 PM »
Basically, what NIK is asking you, Eric, is "are you a big enough nerd & care that deeply about maintaining this site? Because I surely am.".

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #20 on: September 05, 2011, 09:55:28 PM »
You guys need to censor the n word off the forum, you got all these non black freely saying it and it ridiculous.

Yeah, my nigga. That shit gets to me sometimes.

Dikteta Dax

« Reply #21 on: September 05, 2011, 11:52:07 PM »
You guys need to censor the n word off the forum, you got all these non black freely saying it and it ridiculous.

smh

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #22 on: September 06, 2011, 02:24:24 AM »
@Michael - Yeah, as we discussed, the stuff around that era is weird. I'll see if Nima or someone has all this stuff and see if I can get a re-up.

@Spice-2 - We are currently upgrading the site and the forum.  The site will be on a new CMS which will allow you to actually view past pages thus making content management easier and allowing us to update interviews, reviews, album release dates, etc. more thoroughly. I'm also looking into the possibility of switching the forum to this new software called IPBoard, since SMF is very dated. For the CMS, we will likely be using Joomla or Wordpress as a temporary means till we develop our own CMS. About the staff, we have plenty of them, people just don't like editing HTML. Me being one of those people. As I said, once we have this new CMS in place, updating the site will be a piece of cake and I will take it upon myself to diversify our content as well as keep the site up to date.

http://www.invisionpower.com/products/board/
http://www.wordpress.com

@NIK - Will pass it on to Rud.

smf was updated not too long ago:
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?P=ff24d5d54e1d0bb573fcd0f25de8966c&topic=437328.0

Darkwing Duck (The Reincarnation)

« Reply #23 on: September 06, 2011, 03:00:06 AM »

smh

:laugh:

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #24 on: September 06, 2011, 08:08:39 AM »

smh

Son, get over it. If you believe in censoring words, get out of my country.

Eric - Dubcnn.com

« Reply #25 on: September 06, 2011, 12:03:32 PM »
@Michael - Yeah, as we discussed, the stuff around that era is weird. I'll see if Nima or someone has all this stuff and see if I can get a re-up.

@Spice-2 - We are currently upgrading the site and the forum.  The site will be on a new CMS which will allow you to actually view past pages thus making content management easier and allowing us to update interviews, reviews, album release dates, etc. more thoroughly. I'm also looking into the possibility of switching the forum to this new software called IPBoard, since SMF is very dated. For the CMS, we will likely be using Joomla or Wordpress as a temporary means till we develop our own CMS. About the staff, we have plenty of them, people just don't like editing HTML. Me being one of those people. As I said, once we have this new CMS in place, updating the site will be a piece of cake and I will take it upon myself to diversify our content as well as keep the site up to date.

http://www.invisionpower.com/products/board/
http://www.wordpress.com

@NIK - Will pass it on to Rud.

smf was updated not too long ago:
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?P=ff24d5d54e1d0bb573fcd0f25de8966c&topic=437328.0

Yes, but it's dated. Compare it to let's say IPB or V-Bulletin, they are MILES ahead when it comes to the advances and uses for it. More plugins, more themes, etc.

Sccit

« Reply #26 on: September 06, 2011, 12:19:51 PM »

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #27 on: September 06, 2011, 12:30:39 PM »
^Somebody is tight that they just exposed themselves as a true loser of the net. :laugh:

Raphael

« Reply #28 on: September 06, 2011, 12:37:49 PM »
dude you seriously need to stop calling people honkeys. First of all you're white as fuck and secondly honkey is probably the least offensive word in the dictionary.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #29 on: September 06, 2011, 12:40:59 PM »
^Truth. I feel more entitled to say nigga than you (NIK) have the right to call somebody else a honkey & mean it offensively.