Author Topic: Game Blackballed from MTV Music Awards  (Read 2302 times)

love33

Game Blackballed from MTV Music Awards
« on: August 28, 2011, 09:22:49 PM »
All I know is that it's a complete travesty for the MTV Music Awards to be held in LOS ANGELES and Game just dropped his smash album and NO PERFORMANCE by THE GAME?  Are you kidding me?  How much more can the West be dry hated on?  No Dr. Dre, No Snoop, and No Game after a fresh album.  They could have had him perform "Change Your Life" and "Pot Of Gold" and "I'm On."  They could have even got all three on the stage and had them do the "Drug Test."  Nothing.  Zero.  No songs off "R.E.D." or "Hoodmorning."  Nothing.

This just kind of kicks the West one more time which MTV has been doing since 1997.  He's signed to a major Interscope and got nothing lined up.  Lady Gaga got her performance and she's signed to Interscope and got hers.  Nice job for the PR department and Jimmy Iovine getting his artist signed up.

I guess this certifies the fact that Game is leaving Interscope and on his way to Cash Money.  Baby aka the #1 stunna got his artists all signed up -- Lil Wayne performed and Drake & Nikki Minaj made appearances.  Why wasn't Game promoted like this by Interscope after a fresh album just dropped?  Baby even got Wayne huge promos telling people to go download the Carter 4.  If Game could've had something like this or a commercial it would've been huge for his sales.  Game's videos get banned all the time and now this, no appearance in Los Angeles on MTV Award Show.  This is just shit.  Another problem is that the people in LA don't do anything to stop this from going down.  If the tide was reversed, NY would never allow them to hold the show in NYC with no mention of Jay-Z a week after he drops an album.  Give me a break.  The people in LA need to do something about this.

Show is in Los Angeles, and no Game.  I'm at a loss for words.  Why would people in LA even support or go to this shit when they don't even show no love to a premier top 5 rapper and no performance?  This should be boycotted 100%.  What a shame!

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
Re: Game Blackballed from MTV Music Awards
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2011, 09:27:07 PM »
& people call me a Game hater. Anything would come across as hating when you have groupism of this magnitude.

"I'm at a loss for words" LMFAO.

Bch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • NoSuchThing as Failures Only QuittRs & BullshittRs
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2011, 09:28:23 PM »
i rather have jay rock, g malone, or nipsey hussle performing than that name dropper / pay taxes to bang his own brother even said he wasnt a damu

DeeezNuuuts83

« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2011, 09:32:45 PM »
Game wasn't blackballed, he's just not making noise on a national level like some of the other guys.  When I go to bars and clubs, I don't really hear anything of Game's.

samutahjazz

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2011, 09:32:55 PM »
i rather have jay rock, g malone, or nipsey hussle performing than that name dropper / pay taxes to bang his own brother even said he wasnt a damu

damn homie u RRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLYYYYYYYYYYYYYY need to put a period in that last sentence of yours, somebody might read it too fast.

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2011, 10:01:50 PM »
Yea Game kinda fell off

Jimmy H.

« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2011, 10:02:25 PM »
Love33 continues to embarass himself again with this crap. Just because it's held in Los Angeles does not mean that it's a stage for local artists. The VMAs are one of the biggest music-related shows of the year and Game isn't on that mainstream level where it matters. Gaga was there because she equals ratings. People talk about that outlandish shit she does like wear a meat dress and all that. It has nothing to do with Interscope. And Game being blackballed? Shut the fuck up. MTV just wants to have a show that people are talking about.

love33

« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2011, 10:17:22 PM »
Love33 continues to embarass himself again with this crap. Just because it's held in Los Angeles does not mean that it's a stage for local artists. The VMAs are one of the biggest music-related shows of the year and Game isn't on that mainstream level where it matters. Gaga was there because she equals ratings. People talk about that outlandish shit she does like wear a meat dress and all that. It has nothing to do with Interscope. And Game being blackballed? Shut the fuck up. MTV just wants to have a show that people are talking about.

Game isn't "on that mainstream level"?  He's a top 5 rapper and he's signed to the major leagues.  People want to see him he just dropped an album.

And this isn’t just about Game, it’s about any artist from the West.  Here’s an artist with over 10 million records sold and he reps the LA area and the award show is right in Los Angeles and he just drops a fresh album and doesn’t even get a look?  This isn’t some meat and potatoe artist he is signed to Interscope.

Imagine Jay-Z drops an album a week before MTV Awards and they are held in NY and no mention.  Imagine Kanye droppin an album a week before in Chicago and the awards are held there and no mention.

Cube has been sayin this for years and even touched on it on “I Rep That West”:  “rub the shit all in our face, this award show all at our place, damn, can’t a nigga get a lil taste of some of that shine, it look like mine”

Maully aka [Fitted Da Boss]

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • Karma is A Bitch...Know That!
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2011, 10:23:38 PM »

His brother never actually said that

He gave his tickets away btw and Tyler the creator won best new artist

Ya Boy Is Off The Wall, These Other Niggas Is Titoooo!

DeeezNuuuts83

« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2011, 10:25:18 PM »
But again, MTV is not some LA company putting on events to showcase local talent.  In addition, they are not solely about hip-hop.  There are a lot of other artists from other genres who they had to cut out since everyone probably wants to perform.  It just happens to be in LA this time around.

Like I said, Game isn't making much noise.  So what if he's sold 10 million in the past six years?  It's a tremendous achievement, but if you think that MTV is going to put Game on instead of Jay-Z or Lil Wayne, then you are being biased.  They have a whole country to satisfy, not just California.

For the record, I think Lil Wayne is a faggot, but I will say that he is far more relevant in the music world than Game.  Same thing with Jay-Z.

Jimmy H.

« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2011, 10:34:37 PM »
Exactly. Why would a record company sabotage its own money? People need to get past that stupid regional shit. People don't give a fuck anymore. It's not the 90's. I'm a Game fan and bought his new album and liked it and I, hand to bible, could not tell you what his current single is without looking it up. He's still doing his thing and getting his money but he hasn't had a top 40 radio single in awhile.

love33

« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2011, 10:42:23 PM »
But Game's not a "regional" artist, he's a national artist.  He has Lil Wayne, Chris Brown, E-40, Young Jeezy, and Rick Ross on his album.  He had the #1 single on 106 & Park for multiple weeks when L.A.X. dropped, since when did he become a "regional" act who happens to be signed to the Interscope machine? I mean he's sold shoes, been allover tv, done interviews with Sway, rapped on everyone's album, recorded with justin timberlake, etc.

They could've had him come out and do "pot of gold" with Chris Brown or "R.E.D. Nation" with Lil Wayne but they shut the door on him tonite.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2011, 10:59:17 PM »
But Game's not a "regional" artist, he's a national artist.  He has Lil Wayne, Chris Brown, E-40, Young Jeezy, and Rick Ross on his album.  He had the #1 single on 106 & Park for multiple weeks when L.A.X. dropped, since when did he become a "regional" act who happens to be signed to the Interscope machine? I mean he's sold shoes, been allover tv, done interviews with Sway, rapped on everyone's album, recorded with justin timberlake, etc.

They could've had him come out and do "pot of gold" with Chris Brown or "R.E.D. Nation" with Lil Wayne but they shut the door on him tonite.

L.A.X. was 3 years ago. In 2011 Game doesn't have a mainstream buzz and doesn't have a successful single. That = MTV not giving a fuck about him. Lol @ expecting them to want Game there to perform two songs that failed on the charts.

3rd Coast

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Showin naked ass in the great state of Texas
« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2011, 11:01:00 PM »
how you kno they jus didnt wanna show up

Jimmy H.

« Reply #14 on: August 28, 2011, 11:10:04 PM »
Somebody buy this boy a clue. No, Game is not a "regional" artist. However, in terms of mainstream acts, he's not on the top of the hill right now. Your problem is you want to use his region as a basis for him being featured and it doesn't work. It's not an L.A. hip-hop show. It's a mainstream popular music show. How about we do it this way. Game's been in the spotlight for over six years, yes? What is his most memorable VMA appearance in the last 6 years? Don't look it up now. What is it?