Author Topic: Game Blackballed from MTV Music Awards  (Read 2296 times)

3rd Coast

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Showin naked ass in the great state of Texas
Re: Game Blackballed from MTV Music Awards
« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2011, 11:13:23 PM »
::) ::) ::) ::)

Jimmy H.

« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2011, 11:16:27 PM »
Matter of fact, you CAN look it up. Google it. Find me Game's big memorable VMA performance. The one people talked about for months. And let's open up the discussion. Not just love33. Can anyone name a show-stealing VMA performance by The Game?

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2011, 11:18:29 PM »

BOX5 the best poster on this site yell

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #18 on: August 29, 2011, 12:34:34 AM »
tyler wins over wiz who's song had way more impact and sold more, yet we get a equal on here crying about a guy who just dropped and has the same old gangsta image not getting recognized lol, my equal a west coast artist fuccing won and you crying about game? Haha man off you so bout the west congratulate tyler and say jed showing different shit can win from the west. Again these fools don't count nothing as west if it's not typical smh yell
got a good woman at home,& this broad i smashed be-foe
but in my dome i'm think'n will it be good as be-foe
ring finger says, to don't pursue it,the "k-9" in me says
"ain't-nothing-to-it, but-to-do-it"/
but if we bang and i get caught OH-BOY-YA!/
i pray to god the wife don't get kelis or elin's lawyer
www.myspace.com/panhandoelrcorp

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #19 on: August 29, 2011, 01:00:13 AM »
tyler wins over wiz who's song had way more impact and sold more, yet we get a equal on here crying about a guy who just dropped and has the same old gangsta image not getting recognized lol, my equal a west coast artist fuccing won and you crying about game? Haha man off you so bout the west congratulate tyler and say jed showing different shit can win from the west. Again these fools don't count nothing as west if it's not typical smh yell

real talk. It's crazy that not only did a dude from the west win, but an artist who's bringing a different sound than everyone else. Not only that but 4 people from the west were nominated for new artist out of 5. Now that's pretty cool.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2011, 01:02:39 AM by Spice 2 sees the bitch in you »

PhunkyDoob

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #20 on: August 29, 2011, 02:37:09 AM »
Matter of fact, you CAN look it up. Google it. Find me Game's big memorable VMA performance. The one people talked about for months. And let's open up the discussion. Not just love33. Can anyone name a show-stealing VMA performance by The Game?

Even though i disagree with t/s even when The Documentary came out he never got a perfomance even with "Hate It Or Love It". I'd say his most memorable award show performance was BET Awards 05. But you're off point talking like it's about "show stealing", it's about ratings that's all. If it was about performances then alot of these artists wouldn't even be up there.

But at the same time remember when BET did fuck him over in 2008 though at the Hip-Hop awards and claimed it was because of his sister getting shot, even though it happened AFTER it was announced that they decided not to have him perform with Ice Cube. That's why Cube even performed in the first place.

bouli77

« Reply #21 on: August 29, 2011, 03:44:17 AM »

real talk. It's crazy that not only did a dude from the west win, but an artist who's bringing a different sound than everyone else. Not only that but 4 people from the west were nominated for new artist out of 5. Now that's pretty cool.

Maully aka [Fitted Da Boss]

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • Karma is A Bitch...Know That!
« Reply #22 on: August 29, 2011, 08:20:17 AM »

I counted Tyler who's the other 4?

Ya Boy Is Off The Wall, These Other Niggas Is Titoooo!

MistaNova

« Reply #23 on: August 29, 2011, 08:28:59 AM »
Not only that but 4 people from the west were nominated for new artist out of 5. Now that's pretty cool.

4? I counted only Tyler, Foster The People (for those that don't know they're not hip hop but they are from L.A.) and Kreayshawn. Is there another list?

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #24 on: August 29, 2011, 10:13:58 AM »
Not only that but 4 people from the west were nominated for new artist out of 5. Now that's pretty cool.

4? I counted only Tyler, Foster The People (for those that don't know they're not hip hop but they are from L.A.) and Kreayshawn. Is there another list?

Big Sean is Cali born. Though I guess that doesn't count.

Quadruple OG

« Reply #25 on: August 29, 2011, 10:38:36 AM »
Game wasn't blackballed, he's just not making noise on a national level like some of the other guys.  When I go to bars and clubs, I don't really hear anything of Game's.

Exactly. He wasn't nominated for anything and none of his 43 lead singles from "Red Album" caught on, so why waste a spot on the show for him when you can feature someone the mainstream actually cares about?

Jimmy H.

« Reply #26 on: August 29, 2011, 11:03:49 AM »
Even though i disagree with t/s even when The Documentary came out he never got a perfomance even with "Hate It Or Love It". I'd say his most memorable award show performance was BET Awards 05. But you're off point talking like it's about "show stealing", it's about ratings that's all. If it was about performances then alot of these artists wouldn't even be up there.

But at the same time remember when BET did fuck him over in 2008 though at the Hip-Hop awards and claimed it was because of his sister getting shot, even though it happened AFTER it was announced that they decided not to have him perform with Ice Cube. That's why Cube even performed in the first place.
I don't feel I'm "off point". Yes, it is about ratings and how do the VMA's sell their show to viewers? Every year, they run these clip shows where they talk about "big VMA moments". I haven't seen this year's show but I did catch one of those specials where they went into all the craziest moments. The point I'm getting at is this dude acts like Lady Gaga is up there because she's on Interscope when the reality is she's there because she's established herself as an artist who people don't know what to expect. It was the same deal with Britney when she was doing the striptease or kissing Madonna or all that other shit. MTV wants artists that are going to make people talk about their show.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #27 on: August 29, 2011, 11:08:48 AM »
Game needs to start interrupting some speeches and complain how [insert west coast rapper] didn't win. Maybe then they'll pay attention to him.

MUHFUKKA

« Reply #28 on: August 29, 2011, 11:51:54 AM »
does it really surprise anyone that they didnt put him on the show? his career is dwindling

The blood gang embraces Tupac as a member even if YOU dont.

al3000

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #29 on: August 29, 2011, 12:14:35 PM »
Man all those award shows are janky. After the Biggie and Pac feud the West got blackballed and we still are.....but people will never be able to deny the quality of music coming from the West right now. We runnin' this shit....!!!