Author Topic: Game Blackballed from MTV Music Awards  (Read 2298 times)

Jimmy H.

Re: Game Blackballed from MTV Music Awards
« Reply #30 on: August 29, 2011, 12:22:49 PM »
Enough with the blackball shit. Like I said before, nobody gives a flying fuck about coasts anymore! Just because MC Eiht's not performing at the VMA's doesn't mean the West Coast is blackballed.

DeeezNuuuts83

« Reply #31 on: August 29, 2011, 02:19:59 PM »
Game needs to start interrupting some speeches and complain how [insert west coast rapper] didn't win. Maybe then they'll pay attention to him.
Yeah, people who aren't big hip-hop fans will be like, who is he?

Only Kanye can interrupt speeches like that.  Game will get rushed by security haha.

love33

« Reply #32 on: August 29, 2011, 03:35:51 PM »
Man all those award shows are janky. After the Biggie and Pac feud the West got blackballed and we still are.....but people will never be able to deny the quality of music coming from the West right now. We runnin' this shit....!!!

Agree 100, MTV gave the West the death sentence after B.I.G. got dropped

Enough with the blackball shit. Like I said before, nobody gives a flying fuck about coasts anymore!
I guess you missed "I Rep That West"

Same thing, different day.  Game is a top 5 artist -- him, Drake, and Lil Wayne are probably the biggest three right now --
Drake hasn't sold as many records as Game (no diss, just provin my point) and he found his way on stage at the award show (give Baby credit too for gettin his artists on there)

"Pain" on his last album rode number 1 for weeks on 106 & Park and someone on here says that it was "years ago", okay with that logic then Dr. Dre shouldnt have been invited on stage at the grammy's to perform because he hasn't had a huge record at that time in years. 

You didn't see Jay-Z get denied invites to award shows when he dropped "American Gangster." And 'R.E.D.' out-sold Snoop's entire sales of "Doggumentary" with just his first week.

That's like Pac not getting invited after he drops an album on Interscope a week earlier and he would've never left that happen he wouldve demanded Jimmy to get him there.  I think it's fair to say that Game is on his way to Cash Money Records.

BOX5 the best poster on this site yell

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #33 on: August 29, 2011, 04:02:07 PM »
equals crying about glam not being there and the west blacc balled are still ignoring the fact a west equal won,you equals still ain't say congrats to tyler, hell yall hero game even put him on his new record!!!! haha, and why would a show want to showcase gangsta's who don't bring in big viewer ship? when snoop and dr was on they was running the game, glam is just a artist who makes some music some folks like but not everybody, hell if anyone should complain it should have been 50, he sold all those records was in the public eye,had a story,is an engaging interview and the grammys in them ain't even nominate that equal, so it is what it is, this is mtv not the street awards. stop putting so much stocc into a damn channel that don't really show video's haha, oh yeah congrats tyler the west did it! yell
got a good woman at home,& this broad i smashed be-foe
but in my dome i'm think'n will it be good as be-foe
ring finger says, to don't pursue it,the "k-9" in me says
"ain't-nothing-to-it, but-to-do-it"/
but if we bang and i get caught OH-BOY-YA!/
i pray to god the wife don't get kelis or elin's lawyer
www.myspace.com/panhandoelrcorp

Sikotic™

« Reply #34 on: August 29, 2011, 04:10:44 PM »
Maybe because nobody gives a fuck about Game anymore. The nigga made himself irrelevant with all the bullshit he's been doin over the years.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

love33

« Reply #35 on: August 29, 2011, 05:51:44 PM »
Maybe because nobody gives a fuck about Game anymore. The nigga made himself irrelevant with all the bullshit he's been doin over the years.

He just sold around 100k his first week, that's hardly irrelevant.  This sounds like a hater.

DeeezNuuuts83

« Reply #36 on: August 29, 2011, 05:53:43 PM »

He just sold around 100k his first week, that's hardly irrelevant.  This sounds like a hater.
What if you compare it to the first week sales of the artists who did perform last night?

love33

« Reply #37 on: August 29, 2011, 05:58:45 PM »
haha, and why would a show want to showcase gangsta's who don't bring in big viewer ship?
Gotta say that many have drew ratings who rap about the streets all the way from Dr. Dre to Fabolous to Slim Thug, Game puts people in the seats he's the best selling rapper in the West.  Even Jay-Z was rappin 'crip or blood' at one point in his music and Wayne is bleedin all over reppin gangsta culture and he got his invite.  What's the next reason game wasn't invited was it because there was an earthquake in virginia or the tsunami in japan?

friscoliving

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #38 on: August 29, 2011, 06:06:00 PM »
If you dont have a hot single the tv or radio doesnt give a fuck about you, its simple. Game still has a great following and can sell records without it. We just witnessed that. My bet is he stops at gold. If game didnt drop mixtape after mixtape he would be irrelevent. Props to game for being on his mixtape grind, proved he still had a good fan base with the success of all the tapes and interscope gave him the green light to release the album without a hot single. Who knows what would of happened if he wasn't on the mixtape grind. His mixtapes seem to buzz harder than his album. From now on he should keep releasing material to keep a float and have somewhat of a name in the mainstream.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #39 on: August 29, 2011, 06:20:18 PM »

What if you compare it to the first week sales of the artists who did perform last night?

Yeah, like Jay & Kanye; just to stay in the genre.

Quadruple OG

« Reply #40 on: August 29, 2011, 06:21:17 PM »
The threadstarter has completely ignored the point why Game was not performing this year: he hasn't been relevant and hasn't had an album out in the time period eligible for the VMA's.

Jimmy H.

« Reply #41 on: August 29, 2011, 06:29:23 PM »
Agree 100, MTV gave the West the death sentence after B.I.G. got dropped
Funny because they were produced a special on Death Row after Biggie died. In 1999, the VMA's were also the stage for Dre and Snoop's first live public appearance.

Same thing, different day.  Game is a top 5 artist -- him, Drake, and Lil Wayne are probably the biggest three right now --
Game isn't a top 5 artist. Eminem. Jay-Z. Kanye West. Lil' Wayne. Drake. And that's just "rappers". That's not putting into account. The Lady Gagas, Katy Perrys, Miley Cryus, Justin Biebers, and so and so forth.

Drake hasn't sold as many records as Game (no diss, just provin my point) and he found his way on stage at the award show (give Baby credit too for gettin his artists on there)
Drake is featured on four songs that are on the Billboard Top 40. Game doesn't have one single song that is even in the top 100. Drake's debut album in 2010 was #1 and was certified platinum. L.A.X. went #2 in 2008 and never got platinum certification.

"Pain" on his last album rode number 1 for weeks on 106 & Park and someone on here says that it was "years ago", okay with that logic then Dr. Dre shouldnt have been invited on stage at the grammy's to perform because he hasn't had a huge record at that time in years.  
Dre is a 25-year music veteran. It's like having Prince, Madonna, Elton John, whoever. He is at a point in his career where he can dissapear from music for five or six years and he can come back and still be releveant. Game doesn't have the reputation. 50 Cent still outsells Game and you don't hear nobody crying about him being blackballed.

You didn't see Jay-Z get denied invites to award shows when he dropped "American Gangster."

Who says Game was denied an invite?

And 'R.E.D.' out-sold Snoop's entire sales of "Doggumentary" with just his first week.
What's your source on that? And even if this were the truth, what the fuck does it have to do with anything?

That's like Pac not getting invited after he drops an album on Interscope a week earlier and he would've never left that happen he wouldve demanded Jimmy to get him there.  
How the hell do you know? His only major VMA appearance was in 1996 when he was just coming off having a #1 album and the biggest-selling project of his career. In other words, he was at the height of his commercial success. Game hasn't had a #1 album since Doctor's Advocate in 2006. Each album has had a steady decline in sales since.

I think it's fair to say that Game is on his way to Cash Money Records.
 It's not fair to say anything. For starters, we don't know how many albums he still owes Interscope. Secondly, Game is someone who makes bold statements on impulse then changes directions quickly. Doctor's Advocate was supposed to be an Aftermath album with Dre production. He was supposed to retire after LAX. If he did come back, it was supposed to be for an album called "Diary Of Compton" with all Compton rappers invovled. R.E.D. album was supposed to be an Aftermath album with Dre and Pharrell co-executive producing. He's made a lot of statements in regard to his career that have never come to fruition so to say "it's fair" to believe that this is going to be where he's going based on what he's saying during the press run for the album he just finished is bullshit.

DeeezNuuuts83

« Reply #42 on: August 29, 2011, 06:31:45 PM »
Gotta say that many have drew ratings who rap about the streets all the way from Dr. Dre to Fabolous to Slim Thug, Game puts people in the seats he's the best selling rapper in the West.  Even Jay-Z was rappin 'crip or blood' at one point in his music and Wayne is bleedin all over reppin gangsta culture and he got his invite.  What's the next reason game wasn't invited was it because there was an earthquake in virginia or the tsunami in japan?
The gangbang shit doesn't really matter, in reference to Jay-Z or Lil Wayne.  Jay-Z will pretty much always be relevant and will always bring the heat and sell records (plus it helps that he's married to Beyonce so even if he didn't do shit he'd still be there).  Like I said before, Lil Wayne is a faggot but he's had some songs getting pretty decent rotation, plus there's at least a little bit of hype about him, with this being his first appearance since getting locked up then released from prison.  The fact that Jay-Z said "Crip or Blood" on a song or two or that Lil Wayne has a red rag in his pocket doesn't change any of that or mean that MTV is making exceptions for them despite that.  I don't see what that's so hard to comprehend.

Jimmy H.

« Reply #43 on: August 29, 2011, 06:34:06 PM »
Game puts people in the seats he's the best selling rapper in the West.  
Once again, this isn't a show about rap or the West Coast. It's not about regions or genres. What was Game's last major crossover hit?

rhythmalism

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #44 on: August 29, 2011, 07:05:02 PM »
GOLF WANG