Author Topic: 2pac's "I ain't mad atcha" and Blackstreet's "Don't Leave Me"  (Read 2599 times)

bouli77

Re: 2pac's "I ain't mad atcha" and Blackstreet's "Don't Leave Me"
« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2011, 05:00:32 AM »
teddy riley produced don't leave me. dunno what connections hed have to DR. the sampled songs a pretty well known song (debarge). id bet money its a coincidence.

i want to take this opportunity to say teddy>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>dre & daz

teddy riley also produced "these days" for nate dogg. and i heard he ghost produced other songs for DR as well...
when thinking about it now i could really imagine that he gave the idea for "i aint mad at cha"! and we all know that dj quik finished that track, rerecorded some instruments etc.. totally makes sense to me. i always knew that daz didnt produce that piece of music!

TR didn't produce These Days, he did the beat and Quik remixed it. but he did produce Hardest Man in Town. (source : http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/interviews/id.1691/title.dj-quik-against-all-odds )

I don't think Daz "produced" I ain't mad at cha per se, but he must have done the beat and brought the sample with Soopafly and Quik must have added the musical elements just like he did for Skandalouz.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #16 on: August 30, 2011, 07:06:29 AM »
teddy riley produced don't leave me. dunno what connections hed have to DR. the sampled songs a pretty well known song (debarge). id bet money its a coincidence.

i want to take this opportunity to say teddy>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>dre & daz
not in a million years

bouli77

« Reply #17 on: August 30, 2011, 07:21:12 AM »
teddy riley is more of a new jack/r'n'b type of producer even though he started out producing songs for Kool Moe Dee. so i don't think we can compare his music to Dr Dre's. that's like comparing DJ Premier to Jimmy Jam & Terry Lewis.

Teddy Riley is a much better musician and composer than Dre though. but Dre's résumé is more impressive because of his massive amount of work throughout the decades.

Funkstradamus

« Reply #18 on: August 30, 2011, 02:12:07 PM »
there is no link or affiliation...it was common back then for R&B groups to re-use samples from hot Hip Hop songs and especially Teddy Riley...he did the same thing after Redman had a big hit with Tonight's the night, Teddy Riley flipped the same sample for Tonight's The night on Blackstreet's first CD

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #19 on: August 30, 2011, 02:14:33 PM »
there is no link or affiliation...it was common back then for R&B groups to re-use samples from hot Hip Hop songs and especially Teddy Riley...he did the same thing after Redman had a big hit with Tonight's the night, Teddy Riley flipped the same sample for Tonight's The night on Blackstreet's first CD

And Jermaine Dupri also made a dope ass cut for Kriss Kross off "Tonights The Night" that was the first single from their 95' album.   I loved that album back when I was 13.
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

soopaflydpgc

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #20 on: August 30, 2011, 07:23:03 PM »
no those two songs had no affiliation. daz n myself did i aint mad atcha. theres no sample. i played it over. its an interpolation of the debarge song of course. no teddy riley didnt do these days either. daz n myself did.

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #21 on: August 30, 2011, 08:42:33 PM »
This and "Toss It Up" vs. "No Diggity" both were lead singles at the time...Pac says on the end of TOU something to the effect of "yeah we jacked your beat cuz you wasn't rockin it right" when he's talkin shit at the end.

I'm sure there was some shit that Dre was working on before he bounced from DR and they jacked it or something.

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • California Livin' - Murs and Me
« Reply #22 on: August 31, 2011, 12:23:21 AM »
Soopafly posts on the boards now? Damn, that's awesome. I loved "Dat Whoopty Whoop".

Yeah, I drop in from time to time, good to get a discussion going. I still trust you guys on hip hop more than any other large group of people I've talked with extensively.

yeah, listening back the interpolations are different but I remember when I was like 13 like noticing it and then the other day I heard this rock song with really similar chords and it got me pulling up all of these tracks, including the DeBarge one. Good stuff.

-T

Fee Fie Foe Fum; somethin' stank and I want some.

My hip-hop group The West Coast Avengers @

westcoastavengers.com

@tanjintwiggy and @westcoastavengers on Instagram

Nutty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #23 on: August 31, 2011, 02:16:09 AM »
Pac says on the end of TOU something to the effect of "yeah we jacked your beat cuz you wasn't rockin it right" when he's talkin shit at the end.

Funny thing is, all those songs were hits, so no one lost out.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2011, 02:17:55 AM by Nutty »

bouli77

« Reply #24 on: August 31, 2011, 02:33:59 AM »
Pac says on the end of TOU something to the effect of "yeah we jacked your beat cuz you wasn't rockin it right" when he's talkin shit at the end.

Funny thing is, all those songs were hits, so no one lost out.

I don't know, Toss It Up wasn't even a semi-hit and No Diggity reached #1 on the billboard Hot 100 charts so No Diggity clearly takes the win. the albums which contained the songs sold equally though...

I always wondered what Aaron Hall was doing on Toss It Up, I guess getting the lead singer from guy was Pac's response to Dre working with Teddy Riley lol... not a bad match though, Aaron Hall sounds good with rappers too.

Enigma

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #25 on: August 31, 2011, 04:32:01 AM »

And Jermaine Dupri also made a dope ass cut for Kriss Kross off "Tonights The Night" that was the first single from their 95' album.   I loved that album back when I was 13.

Yeah, that "Tonight's Tha Night" track was off the hook. Anytime I hear that song it just brings me right back to house parties in 1995.

2euce 7even

« Reply #26 on: August 31, 2011, 09:55:40 PM »
This and "Toss It Up" vs. "No Diggity" both were lead singles at the time...Pac says on the end of TOU something to the effect of "yeah we jacked your beat cuz you wasn't rockin it right" when he's talkin shit at the end.

I'm sure there was some shit that Dre was working on before he bounced from DR and they jacked it or something.

BUT "toss it up" was prod. by demetrius shipp aka meech not dre.

and about that "a dream" sample its a classic and 2 producers thought it was the shit and sampled that.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #27 on: September 01, 2011, 01:22:08 AM »

BUT "toss it up" was prod. by demetrius shipp aka meech not dre.

and about that "a dream" sample its a classic and 2 producers thought it was the shit and sampled that.
listen to the original Toss it up, produced by dre.