Author Topic: Right now Eminem might be 2nd best producer...  (Read 509 times)

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
Re:Right now Eminem might be 2nd best producer...
« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2003, 01:04:44 PM »
DJ Quik

Plus many more but I just had to put his name in.

This is Hip Hop not Rock so the term "production" is a whole different thing since samples are a staple in Hip Hop and always will be. The bulk of classic material Hip Hop has created was formed from sampling.

someone who is sampling is not producing, they're acting as a dj replaying a song, or being a cover band
« Last Edit: January 20, 2003, 01:05:51 PM by Don Jacob Corleone »

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Jome

« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2003, 07:22:49 PM »
Eminem was among the top 5 of 2002..

But on a larger scale, Eminem has a few years left of producing before he can be mentioned on these peoples level:

Dr.Dre
DJ Premier
Pete Rock
Alchemist
DJ Quik
DJ Muggs
RZA
Havoc
Erick Sermon
DJ Nottz
Jay Dee
Timbaland
Neptunes
MelMan
Scott Storch
Neptunes
El-P
Rockwilder

These are all veterans when compared to Eminem..
They all have a track-record that speaks for themselves, and if Eminem keeps his work-rate up, he can be mentioned in this same list.
I might even have forgot some producers, like P.Diddy or Jermaine Dupri, but they're not innovative enough to be put on this list, even if they had their fair share of hits.. too much of it was ripped off.

In the graduate-class, I see producers like Kanye West, Just Blaze, Rick Rock, Eminem, Kon Artis, Fred Wreck, Mike Dean and a few more..
They're just not quite there yet..

S.G.V.

« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2003, 07:58:22 PM »
JD been doin shit for years...he is innovative...look at the shit hes done...Kris Kross, Da Brat, Bow Wow, JE, some Mariah and countless other shit that has been real tight...how could u even say hes not innovative?...thats ridiculous...i dont like JD...but hes done some great shit...whether he sampled or not...hes a good producer...and Rick Rock aint in no graduating class...hell hes been producing for years...aint like Jayz is the one who found him...LMAO...hes been producin hits in the Bay for years now...

Jome

« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2003, 08:06:01 PM »
JD been doin shit for years...he is innovative...look at the shit hes done...Kris Kross, Da Brat, Bow Wow, JE, some Mariah and countless other shit that has been real tight...how could u even say hes not innovative?...thats ridiculous...i dont like JD...but hes done some great shit...whether he sampled or not...hes a good producer...and Rick Rock aint in no graduating class...hell hes been producing for years...aint like Jayz is the one who found him...LMAO...hes been producin hits in the Bay for years now...

I know you like to pick on my posts, but don't foo yourself at the same time..

J.D. has always jocked somebody.. what style did he invent?
"Why you always gotta sound like the next man shit" - It's totally true, even if you probably don't like that line.. since Xzibit is no longer cool in your book.

Rick Rock has been producing for years, Yes thank you I know that.. but only in the later years has he found a sound that makes him *somewhat* innovative and fresh.
Peep his work before he got popular... not very interesting..

West Coast Veteran

« Reply #19 on: January 20, 2003, 08:14:57 PM »
Organized Noize
Earthtone III
?uestlove from The Roots

S.G.V.

« Reply #20 on: January 20, 2003, 08:16:32 PM »

I know you like to pick on my posts, but don't foo yourself at the same time..

J.D. has always jocked somebody.. what style did he invent?
"Why you always gotta sound like the next man shit" - It's totally true, even if you probably don't like that line.. since Xzibit is no longer cool in your book.

Rick Rock has been producing for years, Yes thank you I know that.. but only in the later years has he found a sound that makes him *somewhat* innovative and fresh.
Peep his work before he got popular... not very interesting..
its not that i like to pick on ur posts...but i just dont agree with them...and lately ive been seeing a gang of ur posts that i cant agree wit...now...ive always found JD innovative...he was one of the only south cats bringin funk to that area at the time...i never heard a producer makin shit like JD...i mean just cuz Xzibit(ya big homie) says it...doesnt make it true...he was just dissing...i had never heard anyone sayin JD was jockin until X...oh and i always thought Rick Rock was makin good music...maybe its cuz u dont like that much Bay shit and love east coast shit u think that his prior to popularity music wasnt innovative...

Jome

« Reply #21 on: January 20, 2003, 09:11:03 PM »

its not that i like to pick on ur posts...but i just dont agree with them...and lately ive been seeing a gang of ur posts that i cant agree wit...now...ive always found JD innovative...he was one of the only south cats bringin funk to that area at the time...i never heard a producer makin shit like JD...i mean just cuz Xzibit(ya big homie) says it...doesnt make it true...he was just dissing...i had never heard anyone sayin JD was jockin until X...oh and i always thought Rick Rock was makin good music...maybe its cuz u dont like that much Bay shit and love east coast shit u think that his prior to popularity music wasnt innovative...

Oh well, it's not like the first time J.D. has been accused of stealing/copying the trend that is "in" right now.
He's always been very Dre-influenced, but as I haven't heard all his productions, he might have had some innovative beats..

Rick Rock before producing for Jigga, was kinda  :-\
I was like  >:( when I saw him in the credits, but he did OK..
And he improved steadily after that.. (having Jigga & Def Jam behind you usually helps when you're a unknown producer)
But I ain't feeling all of his productions today neither, he just surprises me some times..
So therefore I'd say that he's still on the grind, but to mention him along with Dre, Premo, RZA, Havoc etc. is kinda

S.G.V.

« Reply #22 on: January 20, 2003, 09:30:38 PM »
in the west hes up there with Dre as one of the most used...like i said...u dont check the bay much...so ur blind to the fact...

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #23 on: January 21, 2003, 09:44:02 AM »
eminems the best! the greatest! rapper n producer! no one can fuck with him! lol......man seriously, no doubt his dope n his ill on the mic n production but pleez! how can ya call him the 2nd best producer in the game! he doesnt even hardly make beats for others! his only jus starting that! there alot of producers who are iller than him, his jus another dre sounded producer with more guitars......he needs to bring sumthang new in it, so mo niggaz will respect him

alchemist
large professer
dj khalil
premier
timbaland
neptunes
scott storch
mel man
kayne west

all way  better producers at the moment

damn y'all really love eminem to bitz dont ya,lol

but fair enough, i respect your opinion, im jus givin mine

peace

how can half of those producers you listed be considered better than em when they don't even produce anything?

please stop clownin yaself dawg, how the fuck can u say half of them dont even produce anything??? wat u on playa?

alchemist - doesnt produce anything......shut the fuck up!
large professer - doesnt produce anything?........shut the fuck up!
dj khalil - aiight i'll giv ya that he aint as heard of as sum of the others but his dope as fuck....
premier - doesnt produce anything!......shut the fuck up!
timbaland - doesnt produce anythin?.......shut the fuck up!
neptunes - .......aiight u got me there....i mean neptunes dont make beats for anyone.....lol........shut the fuck up!
scott storch......this cats been spreadin himself alot lately.....shut the fuck up!
mel man.....aiight his on the dl at the moment......but on a complete level ahead of eminem.....
kayne west........another sick producer!........niggaz stop

seriously what was u thinkin when u replied to my opinion............every producer there n alot fo what jome mentioned after me are all better producers than eminem at the moment

peace

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #24 on: January 21, 2003, 01:58:53 PM »
eminems the best! the greatest! rapper n producer! no one can fuck with him! lol......man seriously, no doubt his dope n his ill on the mic n production but pleez! how can ya call him the 2nd best producer in the game! he doesnt even hardly make beats for others! his only jus starting that! there alot of producers who are iller than him, his jus another dre sounded producer with more guitars......he needs to bring sumthang new in it, so mo niggaz will respect him

alchemist
large professer
dj khalil
premier
timbaland
neptunes
scott storch
mel man
kayne west

all way  better producers at the moment

damn y'all really love eminem to bitz dont ya,lol

but fair enough, i respect your opinion, im jus givin mine

peace

how can half of those producers you listed be considered better than em when they don't even produce anything?

please stop clownin yaself dawg, how the fuck can u say half of them dont even produce anything??? wat u on playa?

alchemist - doesnt produce anything......shut the fuck up!
large professer - doesnt produce anything?........shut the fuck up!
dj khalil - aiight i'll giv ya that he aint as heard of as sum of the others but his dope as fuck....
premier - doesnt produce anything!......shut the fuck up!
timbaland - doesnt produce anythin?.......shut the fuck up!
neptunes - .......aiight u got me there....i mean neptunes dont make beats for anyone.....lol........shut the fuck up!
scott storch......this cats been spreadin himself alot lately.....shut the fuck up!
mel man.....aiight his on the dl at the moment......but on a complete level ahead of eminem.....
kayne west........another sick producer!........niggaz stop

seriously what was u thinkin when u replied to my opinion............every producer there n alot fo what jome mentioned after me are all better producers than eminem at the moment

peace

::)

i'm sick of saying this over and over again, but you need to learn what making music REALLY is before being so quick to say shit like that

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #25 on: January 21, 2003, 02:12:43 PM »
lol aiight einstein, nigga im listenin...........

explina what making music REALLY is,lol...

Trauma-san

« Reply #26 on: January 21, 2003, 02:15:26 PM »
Alchemist
?uestlove
Jay Dee
Kanye West
Scott Storch
Mighty Mi
El-P
Jazzy Jeff
DJ Babu

that's about the same people I was gonna mention.  There's TONS of guys on the east that are better than Eminem right now.  A few guys on the West, too.  

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #27 on: January 21, 2003, 05:03:04 PM »

well for one your music is original and not the brain child of someone else

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #28 on: January 22, 2003, 11:07:29 AM »

well for one your music is original and not the brain child of someone else

lol look man, i hate to break it to you........but theirs many producers out their who are better than eminem, i aint gonna waste my time arguin wit u dawg, cuz thers no point, im jus sayin what i feel n nuttin will change it

peace

dpgc2002

« Reply #29 on: January 22, 2003, 12:38:03 PM »
I was saying that right now that Em is on top of his game as far as producing and might be 2nd best at the moment...Of course I wasn't talking careerwise where I would put people like RZA, Premier, Quik, Daz ,Timbaland, above him...But as far as in the last year Em has made some seriously dope beats, which is overlooked because of his rapping skills...