Author Topic: Soopafly - "Best Kept Secret" [Official Discussion Thread]  (Read 2456 times)

Funkstradamus

Re: Soopafly - "Best Kept Secret" [Official Discussion Thread]
« Reply #60 on: September 01, 2011, 07:25:28 PM »
big DPG-head, but ive been disapointed in almot everyhtin comin outta that camp for some time.. "dogguimentary" n  "streetlights" sucked ass (n i didnt really like "100 wayz" that much either)
but both "D.A.Z." and "best kept secret" surpirsed me. lyricaly, the stuff is nothin to put under the xmas-tree (n i dont expect anythin else), but musicaly the albums were flawless. the best DPG-releases in 10 yrs.
"D.A.Z." is enteratinin raw, hard gangsta-music,, the production  of "best kept secret"  is earcandy (even tho i usually dont like "over-produced" music). still digestin the msuic, need to give it some more spins,,, but its def on the same level as Quiks latest album. n there is that "red line" thruout the album, which makes the listenin-expeirence perfect.  one of those album, that u need to bump front2back. one of the best hiphop-albums this yr, no doubt (now im just waitin for that new Goldie Loc-album)

I couldn't have said it better...im anxious for the next one already...i hope Soopafly continue to keep his best beats for himself...all my favorite tracks are all produced by Soopafly...(goes back to bump Something Better again) 8) 8) 8)

D-TalkX

« Reply #61 on: September 01, 2011, 09:33:10 PM »
I'm on my 4th listen...It keeps gettin' better. I must admit I had high hopes but not many albums have been that great these days but this one is great.

"Make like summatime and Jacket - off" ha

Stoked for the next one. Hopefully the DPG and Daz can do their next albums mixed and mastered like this one.

O.G A.Geesta'z

« Reply #62 on: September 01, 2011, 10:11:30 PM »
I got it, Im just scared to listen to it cus if it sucks im deleting it from my hard drive lol

but ill burn it and give it a spin in the ride tomorrow  8)
The West is Back

www.ClintDogg.com

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Kokane & Clint Dogg - International Gangxtas
« Reply #63 on: September 01, 2011, 11:18:41 PM »
Might be the first West Coast CD bought this year (besides DJ Quik's Book of David) ... In fact it will be

What album is that track Soopastar on??? This is my kind of music  8)

From the sampler it sounds solid. Keeps some of the funky elements, but updated. Nice, saw it on Amazon for $5.99.. Great price, but I need to get a hard copy

Whinging and bitching as usual LOL.

"Soopastar" is on the ROAD KINGs Soundtrack. I have that.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/7a4OUxIdVh4" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/7a4OUxIdVh4</a> <a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/cHR2KmQgruQ" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/cHR2KmQgruQ</a> <a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/xKTGgMpff_I" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/xKTGgMpff_I</a>
All my songs with Kokane, Ms. Toi, Mac Shawn100, Top Dogg etc on iTunes. & Amazon.
Kokane & Clint Dogg - International Gangxtas, coming soon!...

doggfather

« Reply #64 on: September 02, 2011, 02:28:07 AM »
I like it, after the fisrt listen I've to say this is better than the last one from him.
https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #65 on: September 02, 2011, 02:56:50 AM »
Album is dope, front to back great listen. There were a couple hooks i wasn't feeling and one or two beats I couldn't get into but overall a really dope album, some of the beats are crazy. The west is on fire lately

bigpimpin20

« Reply #66 on: September 02, 2011, 01:20:27 PM »
album is bananas, next thing i would love to see is Soopafly overseein Latoya Williams album 8)

BiG*WiCkEd

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • G'z Up*HoEz DoWn
« Reply #67 on: September 02, 2011, 07:17:15 PM »
Hearing the full songs in album quality only further proves that Soopafly is still that muthafucker to be fucked with.

Bomb ass album ima definitely be bumpin for aclong time.

W
What Goes Around, Comes Around

My enemies deceased
Died like a bitch
When my album hit tha streetz
Niggas Can't C Me

dameons

« Reply #68 on: September 02, 2011, 07:24:05 PM »
Shit sounds generic as fuck .I actually expected great thing from all of these reviews , but it just another in the coffin for rap . Sounded like it took 10 minutes to make and 10 dollars to complete. You all have dropped your standards over the years . If Snoop's first No Limit release came out today , ya'll prolly would call it "classic" ...lol

Soopafly DPGC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Its my duty to break a bitch down to buck nudie
« Reply #69 on: September 02, 2011, 08:43:30 PM »
Shit sounds generic as fuck .I actually expected great thing from all of these reviews , but it just another in the coffin for rap . Sounded like it took 10 minutes to make and 10 dollars to complete. You all have dropped your standards over the years . If Snoop's first No Limit release came out today , ya'll prolly would call it "classic" ...lol

Look at this dude's karma and his past posts.  No one will take this review seriously at all.  This is clearly a post made only to generate negative attention towards himself.  Dude must not have been loved when he was a kid or something and attention from complete strangers online fills some kind of void for him.

It's a great album and he knows it ;)
« Last Edit: September 02, 2011, 08:46:51 PM by Soopafly DPGC »

Matty

« Reply #70 on: September 02, 2011, 09:25:09 PM »

Look at this dude's karma and his past posts.  No one will take this review seriously at all.  This is clearly a post made only to generate negative attention towards himself.  Dude must not have been loved when he was a kid or something and attention from complete strangers online fills some kind of void for him.

It's a great album and he knows it ;)

real talk, expect for the second part. he probably doesn't know anything.

U.N.T.O.U.C.H.A.B.L.E.

« Reply #71 on: September 02, 2011, 09:49:02 PM »

wrong homie i grew up when real westcoast music was being made (80's & 90's) yes that means i know my shyt & i can tell you that this album is better than anything from the dpg camp in the last 10 years....step ya game up rookie   ;D

Funkstradamus

« Reply #72 on: September 02, 2011, 09:59:42 PM »
ok super critic... what the hell do you consider good music...since we all have lower standards than your fine music tastes???

dameons

« Reply #73 on: September 02, 2011, 10:56:45 PM »
"Ghetto Dreams" by Nas and Common = great music . I'm not even a a fan of Common , but that shits all over this . Both versions of " Please " by E A Ski and Cube also shit all over any track this cat made on this frisbee of an album.

Slikk_J

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #74 on: September 03, 2011, 02:31:24 AM »
Damn, It's been like over 1 year at least since I have posted on this board, but damn, I just got my version on itunes, and WOOOOOOW....I had to come on here and say how this gotta be the album of the year thus far along with DJ Quiks....This is some quality MUSIC. I'm a big Soopa fan, but this has exceeded even my expectations!

I think all artists should make albums for themselves rather than trying to cater to please others....it goes hand in hand, if the consumer can appreciate your music, then they gonna dig you for you. Example E-40 My Ghetto Report Card (Prior) and Revenue Retrevin' series (After) Compared to the Ball Street Journal (Was made to cater the Hyphy buzz which came off the MGRC album, but didn't live up to the hype).

Pros: Production quality, Smootheness, Bangability, more flavors than a combination plate!
Cons: The Hook on track 16 Incredible (Where is Latoiya Williams when you need her), and apart from that, why can't all the other DPGC releases be this dope (Have been very hit and miss over last few years)