Author Topic: Soopafly - "Best Kept Secret" [Official Discussion Thread]  (Read 2454 times)

Funkstradamus

Re: Soopafly - "Best Kept Secret" [Official Discussion Thread]
« Reply #75 on: September 03, 2011, 07:49:40 AM »
"Ghetto Dreams" by Nas and Common = great music . I'm not even a a fan of Common , but that shits all over this . Both versions of " Please " by E A Ski and Cube also shit all over any track this cat made on this frisbee of an album.
i agree the Nas & Common track is dope but what makes it so dope...?  Its dope cause they are taking it back to the essence of East Coast Rap which is exactly what Soopafly did on BKS...took West Coast back to the essence of what made us all fall in love in the first place with a 2011 updated sound...from day one West Coast Music has always been smooth, laid back and funky and thats exactly what this CD is from start to finish...Soopafly may not be the best lyricist but his flow and delivery match the beat so well its like peanut butter and jelly, milk and cereal. dick and pussy 8) 8) 8) 8)...and im sorry but that EA Ski & Cube track sounds forced and unnatural and thus...it doesn't hold a candle to the worst track on this album...but hey...to each his own...

Funkstradamus

« Reply #76 on: September 03, 2011, 08:08:35 AM »
Damn, It's been like over 1 year at least since I have posted on this board, but damn, I just got my version on itunes, and WOOOOOOW....I had to come on here and say how this gotta be the album of the year thus far along with DJ Quiks....This is some quality MUSIC. I'm a big Soopa fan, but this has exceeded even my expectations!

I think all artists should make albums for themselves rather than trying to cater to please others....it goes hand in hand, if the consumer can appreciate your music, then they gonna dig you for you. Example E-40 My Ghetto Report Card (Prior) and Revenue Retrevin' series (After) Compared to the Ball Street Journal (Was made to cater the Hyphy buzz which came off the MGRC album, but didn't live up to the hype).

Pros: Production quality, Smootheness, Bangability, more flavors than a combination plate!
Cons: The Hook on track 16 Incredible (Where is Latoiya Williams when you need her), and apart from that, why can't all the other DPGC releases be this dope (Have been very hit and miss over last few years)
real talk...except i actually like Incredible just as it is...

dameons

« Reply #77 on: September 03, 2011, 12:51:59 PM »
  :) :) :)

Detox Iz Not Active

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Tonite
« Reply #78 on: September 04, 2011, 01:19:16 PM »
album sucks, sorry but its true

Guess who back in the motherfuckin house
With a fat dick for your motherfuckin mouth
Hoes recognize, niggaz do too
Cuz when bitches get skanless and pull a voodoo.....

Will_B

« Reply #79 on: September 04, 2011, 01:21:15 PM »

You're joking?

Detox Iz Not Active

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Tonite
Guess who back in the motherfuckin house
With a fat dick for your motherfuckin mouth
Hoes recognize, niggaz do too
Cuz when bitches get skanless and pull a voodoo.....

Will_B

« Reply #81 on: September 04, 2011, 01:30:49 PM »

You're joking?

I'm serious, shit is just tired

Fair comment obviously. :pimp:

Still waiting for my CD (will probably be a while til I hear the album in full).

Matty

« Reply #82 on: September 10, 2011, 04:43:57 AM »
cd arrived today, signed cellophane and all :laugh: 8)

Countdown To Cool in full quality :bandit:

Will_B

« Reply #83 on: September 10, 2011, 07:46:49 AM »
Sweet! Hopefully I got mines too.

EDIT:

Bout to bust that mutha open! Autograph was a nice bonus but lifes to short...fuck it! 8)
« Last Edit: September 10, 2011, 10:48:08 AM by OG Will B 'Haters will always hate' »