Author Topic: SUPERBOWL!! RAIDERS vs BUCS  (Read 1058 times)

.:DayGoStyLz:.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • MC's...dont wake me...
Re:SUPERBOWL!! RAIDERS vs BUCS
« Reply #30 on: January 23, 2003, 12:56:45 AM »

u righ, they better lol.
BETTER!?...lord no...

they are. ALL athletes get better over time. They get bigger, faster, stronger always. Athletes now, are better then Athletes 20 years ago. Athletes 20 yrs from now, will be better then athletes now. The thing is, all of them are better. So u dont quite notice. As offensive players are better, so are defensive players. They cancel eachother out. If u were to take ANY team in the NFL right now...and put them in tha league 20 yrs ago, they would dominate. i meam ANY team. just 15 yrs ago, a 300 pound offensive linemen, was rare. Now, 300lbs...would make u a small linemen lol. 15 yrs ago, a quarterback would be lucky to run 5 yards without tripping on themself. Now, we got running quarterbacks everywhere...and one (Michael Vick) who runz about a 4.3, 40...would probably have been the fastest player in the league by far. So, maybe the "teams" arent as good. As far as, tha consistency (mostly due to free agency). But, the players...are far better IMO.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #31 on: January 23, 2003, 01:24:57 AM »
ESPN ranked all the Super Bowls in their page 2 section. Most the great Super Bowls happened within the last 15 years, and 3 of them within the last 5. John Elway leading the (ugh, I hate the) Broncos to win (never again) the Super Bowl by diving for a first down, leading a comeback in the 2nd half, and the game was well worth the hype (but I wish the Packers had won). Then 2 years later, the Titans and Rams played, with Kevin Dayson one years aways from winning the Super Bowl for the Titans (yeah I cried, I had $75 on the Titans), but instead (the overrated) Kurt Warner and the (backstabbing) Rams complete their Cinderela story. Then two years later, the (lucky ass bitches) Patriots kicked a field goal to beat the (backstabbing) Rams in a great upset that was feeled with post 9-11 emotions. That is 3 within 5 years. Forget that the (bitch ass) Broncos crushed the (well deserving, but not their week) Falcons, or that the (boring ass, punk muthaphukkin cheap) Ravens just crushed the Giants (who had no business there, but I wanted them to win 'cause I hate the Ravens for hurting Gannon) in a very boring Super Bowl. So in between greatness, theres sorry, just like anything else, 50% of the time. And remember, you forget Montana's great comeback against the Bengles, Giants win of missed field goal of the Bills, Steelers vs. Cowboys which was good until late when Neil O'Donald threw two interceptions, and the Cowboys and Bills part two, which was a very good game and the Bills where even leading until Troy Akman and Emmitt Smith exploded late in the 3rd quarter. That's some good football in the last 15 years.

S.G.V.

« Reply #32 on: January 23, 2003, 10:05:05 AM »

they are. ALL athletes get better over time. They get bigger, faster, stronger always. Athletes now, are better then Athletes 20 years ago. Athletes 20 yrs from now, will be better then athletes now. The thing is, all of them are better. So u dont quite notice. As offensive players are better, so are defensive players. They cancel eachother out. If u were to take ANY team in the NFL right now...and put them in tha league 20 yrs ago, they would dominate. i meam ANY team. just 15 yrs ago, a 300 pound offensive linemen, was rare. Now, 300lbs...would make u a small linemen lol. 15 yrs ago, a quarterback would be lucky to run 5 yards without tripping on themself. Now, we got running quarterbacks everywhere...and one (Michael Vick) who runz about a 4.3, 40...would probably have been the fastest player in the league by far. So, maybe the "teams" arent as good. As far as, tha consistency (mostly due to free agency). But, the players...are far better IMO.

i think if u were to take the older teams at their best vs the newer teams at their best...the ogs would take it...they were better players...they may not be as big but i think they always were more game oriented...as an example...if u took the 1980s squad for the Lakers vs the new squad for the Lakers...i think Magic and them would whoop easily on these kids now...

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • MC's...dont wake me...
« Reply #33 on: January 23, 2003, 08:20:35 PM »

i think if u were to take the older teams at their best vs the newer teams at their best...the ogs would take it...they were better players...they may not be as big but i think they always were more game oriented...as an example...if u took the 1980s squad for the Lakers vs the new squad for the Lakers...i think Magic and them would whoop easily on these kids now...

naw, i aint tryna disrespect the past...but theres no way possible. Yah, those teams were probably more cohesive seeing as how free agency has destroyed much of that. But like they say, u cant teach speed. I mean, tha players today are far too quik, far too strong, and strait out...far too athletic. Atheletes in sports always advance over time. If u were to take an all-star team now, against an all-star team 15 yrs ago...it would look like a Dream Team/Angola matchup lol. Theres a reason why other countries dont fare well against the US in a sport like basketball, because with a sport like basketball...they are behind us (as players of the past would be) in tha evolution of the sport.

S.G.V.

« Reply #34 on: January 23, 2003, 08:24:31 PM »
im just an old school muthafucka...i like the old school teams and how they played...plus the players werent near as big headed as they are now...

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • MC's...dont wake me...
« Reply #35 on: January 23, 2003, 08:26:08 PM »
plus the players werent near as big headed as they are now...

^^true

EM28

« Reply #36 on: January 23, 2003, 08:29:11 PM »
Raiders r gonna take it.
GO RAIDERS

PEACE

truemaster

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • EL Mas Chingon!!!!

"But If You Say Cali Aint Shit, You probably Visited The Valley Little Bitch!"