Author Topic: "Tha Carter II" Was SO Dope..  (Read 418 times)

Lunatic

"Tha Carter II" Was SO Dope..
« on: August 30, 2011, 04:46:29 PM »
I've been bumping "Tha Carter" series' recently just for the fuck out if with the new one coming out..

Tha Carter was pretty decent. Depends how you slice it, it still had that old school Cash Money heavy Mannie Fresh signature sound. Wayne sounded pretty young still as well. It's subjective, how you feel about Tha Carter comes down to how much you like that sound; I dig it, but don't love it. Decent album is the finale on my opinion.

Carter II was THE SHIT.. Easily Wayne's best album IMO.. His best produced album BY Far.. He sounds best on the soulful productions on this album, stuff from producers like The Heatmakerz. A shame he abandoned that sound after C2.. Actually I'm not sure a single producer from C2 produced on C3 or C4?

1. Tha Mobb - 5/5
2. Fly In - 5/5
3. Money on my Mind - 4/5
4. Fireman - 4/5
5. Mo' Fire - 3.75/5
6. Best Rapper Alive - 4/5
7. Lock & Load -  3.75/5
8. Oh No - 4/5
9. Grown Man - 4/5
10. Hit 'Em Up - 3.75/5
11. Carter II - 4.5/5
12. Hustler Muzik - 4/5
13. Receipt - 4.5/5
14. Shooter - 4/5
15. Weezy Baby - 3/5
16. I'm a D-Boy - 3.5/5
17. Feel Me - 4/5
18. Get Over - 3.5/5
19. Fly Out - 5/5

After Tha Carter II, he began doing all those mixtapes that got a crazy ass buzz and they capitalized with some more commercial pop music "Lollipop" as the lead single off Tha Carter III. Still, C3 was a pretty decent album. I won't even talk about "Rebirth" lol

Tha Carter IV just came out and I probably like it more than most, but it's still not amazing. It's decent, probably around the same level as C3, both around 7/10.

Wayne is FAR from my favorite rapper, but I though this thread would be cool (to reminisce on how great of an album Tha Carter II was) and the fact that C4 was just released and is about to sell at least 700,000 first week  :o
« Last Edit: August 30, 2011, 05:08:46 PM by Lunatic »
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I Made Jesus Walks/So I Ain't Never Going To Hell
Re: "Tha Carter II" Was SO Dope..
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2011, 05:33:17 PM »
I am hearing even numbers nearing 850-900k 1st week possibly. But yeah I agree Carter II was a dope album. Lock N Load was my joint off that one.

EML

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2011, 06:22:11 PM »
I remeber the song fireman seems like a long time ago jesus lol. But are those really the numbers there expecting for C4
crazy its not a million in a week but still impressive. Seems like Game choose a tough month to release his album we
got Watch the throne Red and now Carter 4.
Let's get along with the Mexicans
And we can all have peace on the sets again
Imagine that if it took place [ha ha ha]
Keeping the smile off their white faces
2pac
Blacks and Mexicans stop all that bullshit in the pen
Understand that is us verse them
Ice Cube

D1G1T4L

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Digital Productions
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2011, 06:44:59 PM »
I personally like C3 the best but I don't really listen to lil wayne. C2 didn't have as many catchy songs to me.

D1G1T4L

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Digital Productions
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2011, 06:46:16 PM »
Seems like Game choose a tough month to release his album we
got Watch the throne Red and now Carter 4.

You got to realize, Game doesn't choose when the album comes out. The label does. If game wanted his album out, it would have been out ages ago.

Portugoal

« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2011, 07:02:42 PM »
I've been bumping "Tha Carter" series' recently just for the fuck out if with the new one coming out..

Tha Carter was pretty decent. Depends how you slice it, it still had that old school Cash Money heavy Mannie Fresh signature sound. Wayne sounded pretty young still as well. It's subjective, how you feel about Tha Carter comes down to how much you like that sound; I dig it, but don't love it. Decent album is the finale on my opinion.

Carter 1 was for that reason so much better than those other 3 Carter albums. I haven't heard all of his official mixtapes that came out after 500 Degreez, but from what I have heard from him I feel like his music has gone down the hill more and more. Personally I feel like 500 Degreez and The Block Is Hot are much better albums than Carter 1.

I miss Mannie Fresh.

Lunatic

« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2011, 08:05:16 PM »

Carter 1 was for that reason so much better than those other 3 Carter albums. I haven't heard all of his official mixtapes that came out after 500 Degreez, but from what I have heard from him I feel like his music has gone down the hill more and more. Personally I feel like 500 Degreez and The Block Is Hot are much better albums than Carter 1.

I miss Mannie Fresh.
Yea, that's why I was saying it's subjective based on your appreciation for that signature Mannie Fresh sound. I like it, but don't love it. I prefer that soulful production you can find on Carter 2.
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2011, 10:55:05 PM »
Fireman 8)

kemizt

SCREWFACE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2011, 01:14:17 AM »

I miss Mannie Fresh.

word

mannie needs to make a comeback. im more of a fan of that classic cash money sound but i still love C2. waynes last great album. never going to see him return to anything like that ever again

HighEyeCue

« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2011, 08:13:47 AM »
yeah very dope, Wayne was on fire up until he released Lollipop

BOX5 the best poster on this site yell

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2011, 01:58:30 PM »
Networth post, only wayne album I really like yell
got a good woman at home,& this broad i smashed be-foe
but in my dome i'm think'n will it be good as be-foe
ring finger says, to don't pursue it,the "k-9" in me says
"ain't-nothing-to-it, but-to-do-it"/
but if we bang and i get caught OH-BOY-YA!/
i pray to god the wife don't get kelis or elin's lawyer
www.myspace.com/panhandoelrcorp

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2011, 02:18:04 PM »
I still bump "Tha Mobb", "Fly In", "Fly Out", "Best Rapper Alive", "Hustler Muzik", "Receipt" & "Shooter" all the time.

However, I still can listen to his current sound. Carter III was a complete album.

Raphael

« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2011, 02:51:18 PM »
Mannie Fresh and Juvenile were the only talented guys on Cash Money. Fact.

Jay Bananas

« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2011, 03:27:09 PM »

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: September 01, 2011, 01:29:11 AM »
The album contains my favourite Wayne songs, "Shooter", "Hustler Musik" and "Fly In", definitely my favourite album from Wayne