Author Topic: Soopafly - Countdown To Cool is Classic  (Read 2164 times)

Matty

Soopafly - Countdown To Cool is Classic
« on: August 31, 2011, 02:14:53 PM »
one of the best west coast tracks in years!!! been bumping this all day, some incredible ish :bandit:

not to belittle the rest of the album (its tight as hell) but this is easily the best joint 8)

dre should take serious note for detox, this shits all over 'Kush' for a futuristic west coast sounding banger...

anyone else on this as much as me? :cow:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/5rq1TePsDS8" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/5rq1TePsDS8</a>

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I Made Jesus Walks/So I Ain't Never Going To Hell
Re: Soopafly - Countdown To Cool is Classic
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2011, 02:17:58 PM »
Hate to say Detox like elements because at this point I have no idea what it will sound like.

But definitely a sound that is advanced. That is the first thing I almost 90% of the time I say when I listen to a Soopafly record. This shit is hella advanced

Soopafly DPGC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Its my duty to break a bitch down to buck nudie
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2011, 02:20:35 PM »
This song definitely struck me as the best on the album so far.  Some songs take time to grow on you, while others just jump out at you right away, and Countdown To Cool is one of them.  A very tight song indeed.  

Sounds very similar to the baseline from the song "Pimp On" by Do or Die from the album D.O.D. (might have used the same sample?)   That's the first song i thought of when i heard that stripped down instrumental going at the beginning.

« Last Edit: August 31, 2011, 02:27:45 PM by Soopafly DPGC »

Matty

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2011, 02:21:47 PM »
Hate to say Detox like elements because at this point I have no idea what it will sound like.

But definitely a sound that is advanced. That is the first thing I almost 90% of the time I say when I listen to a Soopafly record. This shit is hella advanced

word. i hate to pull out the dre comparisons, just this is the type of vibe i'd personally appreciate and anticipate for detox. the production on it is simple but advanced at the same time. futuristic electronic keyboard sounds on the hook, slapping drum loop and that infectiously funky guitar all over. i'll be playing it for many years to come, really hits the spot 8)

Will_B

« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2011, 02:26:54 PM »
When I heard that "coz I'm the coolest" vocal it made me think of the vibe of Snoops 'I don't need no bitch' (which people were speculating was a Detox throwaway beat).

Anyway, really tight track on a level a couple notches above what you'd generally class as a banger...if you know what I mean 8)

Matty

« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2011, 02:28:16 PM »
and a shoutout for our good friend :laugh:

Paul

« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2011, 02:28:55 PM »
im liking this
funkyfreshintheflesh

Funkstradamus

« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2011, 07:55:50 PM »
that track bangs fa sho...the whole album does....but THE best track is Something Better IMO....

BakinSodaFree

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Nathaniel Dwayne Hale - The greatest singer ever.
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2011, 12:21:08 AM »

Sounds very similar to the baseline from the song "Pimp On" by Do or Die from the album D.O.D. (might have used the same sample?)   That's the first song i thought of when i heard that stripped down instrumental going at the beginning.

It issent Do Or Die. its Twista from the Kamikaze album, whit bishop don magic, bun b, and short on the track 8) 8)

Anyway, i love this soopafly song to. It`s tight. If this is the "new west coast sound" i can live whit it 8)
Under the society, still only god`s above me

R.I.P Nate Dogg.
You will forever be missed, but never forgotten.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2011, 01:19:44 AM »
lay off the crack matty

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2011, 01:33:05 AM »
Damn the breakdown at the end of the first verse is straight crack, I'm gonna cop of the strength of this joint, props Matty

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2011, 01:56:58 AM »
Damn the breakdown at the end of the first verse is straight crack, I'm gonna cop of the strength of this joint, props Matty
go to rehab before it's too late :laugh:

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2011, 03:20:25 AM »
go to rehab before it's too late :laugh:

I aint needa Detox just yet ;)

Nutty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2011, 04:03:27 AM »
Song is cool.  8)

Matty

« Reply #14 on: September 01, 2011, 05:19:30 AM »
When I heard that "coz I'm the coolest" vocal it made me think of the vibe of Snoops 'I don't need no bitch' (which people were speculating was a Detox throwaway beat).

Anyway, really tight track on a level a couple notches above what you'd generally class as a banger...if you know what I mean 8)

the snoop song is alright but like nearly all of khalil and recent dre beats, it has about zero funk/groove. snoozefest.