Author Topic: question for you... mankinds spread of power + wealth  (Read 121 times)

Don Seer

question for you... mankinds spread of power + wealth
« on: January 20, 2003, 05:34:57 AM »
why is it that one of the last nation's on earth settled + founded (america) is also currently the most powerful...  and depending what you believe first (i'm a follower of the 'indus valley' creation theory) regressing back to the earliest are seemingly less 'advanced'. there is also a parallel here with religion where more 'advanced' civilisations appear to be less spirtual and superstitious than older ones.

is it that the past is holding back these older civilisations? is it religion halting progress (for fear of loss of control of the people)? or have the people that have spread taken something (intelligence? innovation?) with them
« Last Edit: January 20, 2003, 08:28:02 AM by Overseer »

Trauma-san

Re:question for you... mankinds spread of power + wealth
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2003, 02:52:00 PM »
Yall don't wanna know my answer, LOL.  

Ant

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re:question for you... mankinds spread of power + wealth
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2003, 05:00:14 PM »
Overseer, a truly eye opening and thoroughly explained answer to your question was created by Jared Diamond author of "Guns, Germs, and Steel."

This book won a pulitzer prize in 2001 I believe, but anyway it more than answers your question.  It thoroughly explains the answer, with evidence, research, and logical arguements in its support.  Nothing is asserted everything is proven.  Great read.

Another book that is primarily assertions, but tackles the same issue is Nietzche's the Anti Christ.  In it he outright says religion is to blame for the problems of society and for societies lack of progression.  It's an interesting read and he makes quite a strong arguement.  

Both are good books that will answer your questions far better than I could.  The first is a strictly scientific explanation, the second philosophical.  Check em out.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2003, 05:01:30 PM by Ant »