1 (1.3%)
Kendrick Lamar - Section 80
17 (22.4%)
Schoolboy Q - Setbacks
0 (0%)
Dom Kennedy - From The Westside With Love II
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 70

Author Topic: West coast album of the year so far?  (Read 1437 times)

Greenbrigade

• Muthafuckin' OG
Re: West coast album of the year so far?
« Reply #75 on: September 07, 2011, 08:16:42 AM »
Horseshoe Gang - Firing Squad is right up there

Triple OG Rapsodie

Re: West coast album of the year?
« Reply #76 on: September 07, 2011, 11:17:45 AM »
It's too bad Thurz's "L.A. Riot" is not on that list. That album is very solid. There's not one track that I'd consider filler. And he's got little interview segments from people involved in the actual Riot like the "L.A. 4" who were involved in the Reginald Denny attack.

THIS. Lotta people sleeping on Thurz. Crazy because you figure this forum would jump all over a concept album about one of the biggest moments of the 90s and an artist who pays homage to N.W.A. Co$$ also deserves a mention.

If you like this song check out the album, its filled with songs of the same quality.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #77 on: September 07, 2011, 11:18:58 AM »
wheres Murs & Terrace Martin-Melrose?

Sorry but that album sucked. And I like both of them.

CHUCK KNOXXX

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • FUCK LOVE & FUCK THE WORLD
« Reply #78 on: September 07, 2011, 11:20:52 AM »
It's too bad Thurz's "L.A. Riot" is not on that list. That album is very solid. There's not one track that I'd consider filler. And he's got little interview segments from people involved in the actual Riot like the "L.A. 4" who were involved in the Reginald Denny attack.

THIS. Lotta people sleeping on Thurz. Crazy because you figure this forum would jump all over a concept album about one of the biggest moments of the 90s and an artist who pays homage to N.W.A. Co$$ also deserves a mention.

If you like this song check out the album, its filled with songs of the same quality.
i been meaning to check that album out...thanks for reminding me, that's gonna be the gym music right there today
http://www.facebook.com/AllAngles818 
CLICK ALBUM COVERS TO DOWNLOAD

Portugoal

« Reply #79 on: September 07, 2011, 11:38:06 AM »
THIS. Lotta people sleeping on Thurz. Crazy because you figure this forum would jump all over a concept album about one of the biggest moments of the 90s

Talk about over exaggerating...

Outside of USA and probably the LA area not many people look at those riots as a significant moment in modern day history. In fact: I bet that if I would ask around about those riots very few have even heard of them.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #80 on: September 07, 2011, 12:21:52 PM »
THIS. Lotta people sleeping on Thurz. Crazy because you figure this forum would jump all over a concept album about one of the biggest moments of the 90s

Outside of USA and probably the LA area not many people look at those riots as a significant moment in modern day history. In fact: I bet that if I would ask around about those riots very few have even heard of them.

lol are you joking? You can't possible be that ignorant. You're saying the Rodney King case wasn't a big deal? Maybe if you're from Europe. But being fans of 90s gangsta rap from California I assume it would be a huge deal for you.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1992_Los_Angeles_riots_in_popular_culture
Educate yourself

swe iz active

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #81 on: September 07, 2011, 12:38:01 PM »
Im just wondering why havn't anybody talked about Richie Rich's 2011 album "Town Bidness Volume 2"? I thought it was fly as hell....Maybe someone did make a thread or something about it but i havnt seen anything..It should be on the poll!! 8) 8)

Sccit

« Reply #82 on: September 07, 2011, 12:43:50 PM »
^yea...it wasnt the best, but it should be on the list over a lot of those albums...g-macc as well.

Portugoal

« Reply #83 on: September 07, 2011, 12:46:55 PM »

lol are you joking? You can't possible be that ignorant. You're saying the Rodney King case wasn't a big deal? Maybe if you're from Europe. But being fans of 90s gangsta rap from California I assume it would be a huge deal for you.

Educate yourself

Don't worry about me. I'm educated on the subject... but your interpretation of my reply wasn't right, but maybe I should've been clearer knowing you would respond first.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2011, 12:48:30 PM by Maudizzle »

Quadruple OG

« Reply #84 on: September 07, 2011, 12:51:09 PM »
what ever happened to Xzibit new album ?

and what about the history channel?!
The E-40 & Too $hort duo album?

There are probably people posting on this board who weren't alive when that album was initially announced. I think the follow-up to Detox might come out before that one.

Darkwing Duck (The Reincarnation)

« Reply #85 on: September 07, 2011, 12:57:38 PM »

:puke:
biggest disapointment of the year. i wasnt even xpecting a masterpice, cuz it was hyped as "funny, ign'ant, feel-good" music.. but the album is just blatantly horrible.. d music was generic trash, and Murs' "party"-rhymes were  embarrsing

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #86 on: September 07, 2011, 01:05:00 PM »

Educate yourself

Don't worry about me. I'm educated on the subject... but your interpretation of my reply wasn't right, but maybe I should've been clearer knowing you would respond first.

I know what you meant to say. You'd like to point out that random people in Europe might not know or care about the L.A. riots. But keep in mind you are on a forum dedicated to an American music genre, specifically from the region of California. And that its members are obsessed with the music that came out during the 90s. The L.A. Riots were a huge deal in America, the Rodney King incident and all that has followed has been engrained in pop culture through music, television, etc. When I'm sitting in my California home posting on a forum dedicated to American music, what's significant to some random dude in Europe is the furthest thing from my mind.

Funkstradamus

« Reply #87 on: September 07, 2011, 11:20:34 PM »

:puke:
biggest disapointment of the year. i wasnt even xpecting a masterpice, cuz it was hyped as "funny, ign'ant, feel-good" music.. but the album is just blatantly horrible.. d music was generic trash, and Murs' "party"-rhymes were  embarrsing
definitely gets my vote for most disappointing album of the year....that and that Tyler cd....