Author Topic: what hood is lil wayne from?  (Read 863 times)

Enigma

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Re: what hood is lil wayne from?
« Reply #15 on: September 04, 2011, 09:51:20 PM »
This thread is not even about his sexuality, it's about him claiming he's a blood more-so than any rapper in history.

The fact that he uses BWS as his "in" to the blood gang is one of the strangest things I've heard. As gangstaboogy said, it's not a gang.

But I disagree about him taking the positive route being a negative for him. His biggest single this year is "How to Love" which is about as positive as it gets. Look back to Pac with Keep Ya Head Up and Dear Mama - these were huge singles. Believe me, if Pac didn't have songs like that, he wouldn't be nearly as regarded and remembered as he is. There's a reason why he gets heralded consistently after his death, and Eazy-E is all but forgotten about in the mainstream media.

Sccit

« Reply #16 on: September 04, 2011, 10:09:42 PM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/cJ6XIGmfezU" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/cJ6XIGmfezU</a>

h2k4

« Reply #17 on: September 04, 2011, 10:10:14 PM »
This thread is not even about his sexuality, it's about him claiming he's a blood more-so than any rapper in history.

The fact that he uses BWS as his "in" to the blood gang is one of the strangest things I've heard. As gangstaboogy said, it's not a gang.

But I disagree about him taking the positive route being a negative for him. His biggest single this year is "How to Love" which is about as positive as it gets. Look back to Pac with Keep Ya Head Up and Dear Mama - these were huge singles. Believe me, if Pac didn't have songs like that, he wouldn't be nearly as regarded and remembered as he is. There's a reason why he gets heralded consistently after his death, and Eazy-E is all but forgotten about in the mainstream media.

BWS seems to be a collection of bloods from different hoods.  I don't think he's referring to BWS as a blood set.  The guy he mentions, Term, I think is from CBP.

The thing is, the majority of rappers are in it for one reason: money.  It's not to spread a positive message.  No entertainer is going to question whether it's kids or adults buying their cd's.  All they see is dollar signs.  Very few entertainers try to do positive things and if they do, the media hardly makes light of it.  But let it be something negative and they are all over it.

Enigma

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #18 on: September 04, 2011, 10:16:07 PM »
So his in to the blood gang is to a gang in Compton, while he lives in Louisiana, that another mainstream rapper associated him with? Give me a fucking break. He's a clown in many ways.

h2k4

« Reply #19 on: September 04, 2011, 11:08:51 PM »
So his in to the blood gang is to a gang in Compton, while he lives in Louisiana, that another mainstream rapper associated him with? Give me a fucking break. He's a clown in many ways.

I'm not saying it's right.  I'm just providing some info I guess.  Personally, I think it's a little ridiculous but it doesn't affect my life, so it's whatever.

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #20 on: September 04, 2011, 11:40:57 PM »
once again white people acting like they know what's going on in tha hood smh.  ALOTTA rappers give back (especially Lil' Wayne and Birdman but of course y'all don't really check 4 them so you'd never know). 

as far as the whole Blood thing is concerned, Crips and Bloods have been all across the USA since tha late 80's homie (when Weezy was still a little Weezy) so how you're talking shit about things u have limited knowledge on is beyond me.

i think at tha end of tha day some of yall need 2 let rappers and entertainers stay in their lane and ya'll need 2 stay in yall lane.  i think some of yall have watched too many documentaries about Rap music and Gangsters (u noticed the 'ER' right?) sitting up here talkin about some street shit that's never been a part of ur life.  i dare u bamaz to go up 2 Baltimore talkin that fake crip and blood shit... i'm not saying i condone the shit but Gangsters have always been around and come in all forms, that's an underlying fact that yall are denying.  u don't like the nigga's music is 1 thing but sitting up here actin' like niggaz are fakin 4 attention is another.  There hasn't been ONE thing Weezy has gained from shouting out Soo-Wo on a record, NOTHING!  And tha fact that he signed Glasses Malone just kinda proves my point about that.  yall are talkin like yall've been there this whole time and know people in tha circle. 

2euce 7even

« Reply #21 on: September 04, 2011, 11:51:47 PM »
i heard he claims MOB Piru .. but how the hell he a MOB when MOB Pirus are in CPT and wayne from Down South?

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #22 on: September 05, 2011, 12:13:09 AM »
i heard he claims MOB Piru .. but how the hell he a MOB when MOB Pirus are in CPT and wayne from Down South?

becuz real gangsters dont isolate themselves and alot of em had to leave tha state anyway.  "real niggaz do real things", but i guess for some people that's just quote from a rap song.  no disrespect to u tho, u just got here

ABN

« Reply #23 on: September 05, 2011, 05:29:35 AM »

BWS seems to be a collection of bloods from different hoods.  I don't think he's referring to BWS as a blood set.  The guy he mentions, Term, I think is from CBP.
Term is from IMG(MOB Piru).

2euce 7even

« Reply #24 on: September 05, 2011, 02:13:12 PM »

thatīs what im sayin

h2k4

« Reply #25 on: September 05, 2011, 07:14:44 PM »

I see.  I wasn't 100% sure.  Thanks for clarifying.

3rd Coast

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Showin naked ass in the great state of Texas
« Reply #26 on: September 05, 2011, 07:28:16 PM »
once again white people acting like they know what's going on in tha hood smh.  ALOTTA rappers give back (especially Lil' Wayne and Birdman but of course y'all don't really check 4 them so you'd never know). 

as far as the whole Blood thing is concerned, Crips and Bloods have been all across the USA since tha late 80's homie (when Weezy was still a little Weezy) so how you're talking shit about things u have limited knowledge on is beyond me.

i think at tha end of tha day some of yall need 2 let rappers and entertainers stay in their lane and ya'll need 2 stay in yall lane.  i think some of yall have watched too many documentaries about Rap music and Gangsters (u noticed the 'ER' right?) sitting up here talkin about some street shit that's never been a part of ur life.  i dare u bamaz to go up 2 Baltimore talkin that fake crip and blood shit... i'm not saying i condone the shit but Gangsters have always been around and come in all forms, that's an underlying fact that yall are denying.  u don't like the nigga's music is 1 thing but sitting up here actin' like niggaz are fakin 4 attention is another.  There hasn't been ONE thing Weezy has gained from shouting out Soo-Wo on a record, NOTHING!  And tha fact that he signed Glasses Malone just kinda proves my point about that.  yall are talkin like yall've been there this whole time and know people in tha circle. 

+1

rap fans today r blind to the originators dress code...bambata, melle mel, and others dressed 200000times worse than wayne..

hell some of u niggas west coast savior...andre young...wore lip gloss and make up...2009-now....= the 80s...look at old footage of ice t...

fans pick n choose who they hate...

hell pac wore leopard thongs on stage with d.u....and he considered the best rapper ever to some of yall...

Tutlock

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #27 on: September 07, 2011, 03:16:35 AM »

+1

rap fans today r blind to the originators dress code...bambata, melle mel, and others dressed 200000times worse than wayne..

hell some of u niggas west coast savior...andre young...wore lip gloss and make up...2009-now....= the 80s...look at old footage of ice t...

hell pac wore leopard thongs on stage with d.u....and he considered the best rapper ever to some of yall...

totally agree with you homie, itīs just that do these guys really have to repeat and emulate things done 30 years ago . same goes for the people that canīt get out of the 90s .  people donīt even try to think of anything new these days, just recycle old shit without even trying to hide it

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #28 on: September 07, 2011, 08:23:51 AM »

+1

totally agree with you homie, itīs just that do these guys really have to repeat and emulate things done 30 years ago . same goes for the people that canīt get out of the 90s .  people donīt even try to think of anything new these days, just recycle old shit without even trying to hide it

rap fans like u are skitzophrenic tho.  1 day shit is too left, 1 day shit is too "the same".  it's like none of u care to hit up a mixtape website or somethin', it's like it's hard for yall to move on. 

Tutlock

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #29 on: September 07, 2011, 12:26:40 PM »

+1

rap fans like u are skitzophrenic tho.  1 day shit is too left, 1 day shit is too "the same".  it's like none of u care to hit up a mixtape website or somethin', it's like it's hard for yall to move on. 

you seem to have problem understanding what you read , tube.  i was talking about moving on , i donīt really see that, i mostly see people emulating shit that was done before and not even try to evolve