Author Topic: what hood is lil wayne from?  (Read 864 times)

BiggBoogaBiff

Re: what hood is lil wayne from?
« Reply #30 on: September 07, 2011, 02:00:47 PM »
nah i understood what u were saying completely.  people have been trying to evolve the mainstream rapper but it's never succeeded.  Dre tried it in 96', Ra tried it in 97', and almost virtually every other year after that there's been some dude out there trying to break the mold but it never has much success.  

then people wanna blame the kids like it's their fault, like somehow there's some little niggaz in everybody's studio brainwashing them and telling them what to say and what to do.  like somehow it's only kids that buy records and if you're over 21 all u do iz bootleg when in reality there is no age boundary really and everybody does a little bit of everything when it comes to supporting their favorite artists even if it's bootlegging the shit and passing the word on.  

i just get tired of tha madness, it's like nobody keeps their ears to tha street anymore.  they just sit back on a computer and act like the world is in tha palms of their keyboard and base everything they say off of some blog or some tv show.  

"real niggaz dont die, we multiply"

i get what you're saying tho, you want something more "mature" and grown to listen to and to see and i understand that completely but the world lovez gangsters and that's never gonna change (at least not no time soon anyway).  sometimes bloggers need 2 take a seat back and actually read something that they just wrote becuz alotta the shit u c iz so hypocritical u get the feeling that everybody is a bot or can't think for themselves.  
« Last Edit: September 07, 2011, 02:06:25 PM by Hollywood Bilderberg Group™ »

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #31 on: September 07, 2011, 02:06:39 PM »
watch wat happens when Hopsin gets some radio play or a video on TV, next thing you know everybody will be talking shit about tha nigga and "nobody will like him" and all that blah blah.  some of yall are doing that to OddFuture now, last year and earlier this year everything was all good but now since dude won an award and got his face shown on TV "nobody likes him anymore".  it's tha same rhetoric over and over again and anybody who tries to break tha mold will be dunnished (online anyway).

"Goblin" sold 120K and somehow the nigga's still a flop but Glasses Malone sold 2700 records and somehow he's not a flop and everybody has every excuse in tha game to come to this nigga's back by using the sympathy card and the "this day and age" argument.  it's pathetic if u ask me.  fans will be fans but bloggers be delusional...

Tutlock

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #32 on: September 07, 2011, 02:10:13 PM »

i get what you're saying tho, you want something more "mature" and grown to listen to and to see and i understand that completely but the world lovez gangsters and that's never gonna change (at least not no time soon anyway).  sometimes bloggers need 2 take a seat back and actually read something that they just wrote becuz alotta the shit u c iz so hypocritical u get the feeling that everybody is a bot or can't think for themselves.  

not really, i enjoyed the last 2 brotha lynch hung albums for example. what i want to hear is people trying to go forward , no matter if itīs gangsta or backpack or storytelling or whatever. there isnīt any competition these days, everyone just tries to copy the next guy when before it was like "iīll get to the booth and murder his song/verse".

in rap , thereīs always been club/dance songs and street songs but i donīt feel like it has evolved in a couple of years .

if i want to listen to something mature, rap ainīt my number one choice, lol

i get your point though. the big companies decide what the kids wanna hear, whatīs the latest fad etc.

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #33 on: September 07, 2011, 02:29:42 PM »
01 - there isnīt any competition these days, everyone just tries to copy the next guy when before it was like "iīll get to the booth and murder his song/verse".

02 - i get your point though. the big companies decide what the kids wanna hear, whatīs the latest fad etc.

01 - when has Rap music ever been like that?

02 - how about people sometimes just make songs that they want to.

maybe i'm just too savvy 4 u niggaz that's all

MUHFUKKA

« Reply #34 on: September 07, 2011, 02:31:46 PM »
Da hood?

The blood gang embraces Tupac as a member even if YOU dont.

Tutlock

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #35 on: September 07, 2011, 03:22:49 PM »
01 - there isnīt any competition these days, everyone just tries to copy the next guy when before it was like "iīll get to the booth and murder his song/verse".

02 - i get your point though. the big companies decide what the kids wanna hear, whatīs the latest fad etc.

01 - when has Rap music ever been like that?

02 - how about people sometimes just make songs that they want to.

maybe i'm just too savvy 4 u niggaz that's all

01 - always . there are many interviews from groups where peeps talk like "the other guyīs verse was so dope i had to write my verse again before recording". people were experimenting, trying to come up with new styles and ideas, new flows ,all that. friendly competition is what made great mcīs , great producers.

02 - of course people do, but many seem to think copying others is the easy way to get money . and mainstream music isnīt released unless the big wigs think itīs radio friendly enough. actually i was referring to when you talked about blaming the kids , i agree. donīt blame the kids, blame the executives and people in the studios telling the producers what they think is hot.

MisterX

• 'G'
« Reply #36 on: September 08, 2011, 05:30:12 PM »
Wayne isn't a blood he just follows whatever is popular. If Crips were the most popular in rap he would be wearing blue and claiming Crip, but since Game made the Bloods popular in rap Wayne follows and is all flamed up. He started using auto-tune after T-Pain made it popular, he even does it with sports teams. But I wonder if it really is him making these decisions or if he has someone in his ear telling him he needs to do this and that in order to sell records.

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #37 on: September 08, 2011, 06:35:23 PM »
Wayne isn't a blood he just follows whatever is popular. If Crips were the most popular in rap he would be wearing blue and claiming Crip, but since Game made the Bloods popular in rap Wayne follows and is all flamed up. He started using auto-tune after T-Pain made it popular, he even does it with sports teams. But I wonder if it really is him making these decisions or if he has someone in his ear telling him he needs to do this and that in order to sell records.

only in internet land it's a known fact that Weezy is a fake Blood.  #fact

but in real life....

i'm not no Wayne groupie but this shit trips me out how only on the internet can a lie become the truth and turns up as common knowledge.... Weezy should've had better PR.

MisterX

• 'G'
« Reply #38 on: September 08, 2011, 09:00:18 PM »

but in real life....

i'm not no Wayne groupie but this shit trips me out how only on the internet can a lie become the truth and turns up as common knowledge.... Weezy should've had better PR.

Nah people in real life know he's a fake blood. I don't personally know anyone that actually takes him seriously with the blood shit.

K-MACC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #39 on: September 08, 2011, 09:38:30 PM »
young money baby brrrrr birdman

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #40 on: September 09, 2011, 05:09:47 AM »
Nah people in real life know he's a fake blood. I don't personally know anyone that actually takes him seriously with the blood shit.

lmao, so u know people from HollyGrove that's from Weezy's folks rotfl! 

Dikteta Dax

« Reply #41 on: September 09, 2011, 08:07:35 AM »
I thought y'all knew, lil Wayne isn't from a specific blood hood.  He is simply just from "the bloods" lol smh.

There isn't anything real about wayne shouting that blood shit...

Sccit

« Reply #42 on: September 09, 2011, 12:42:27 PM »

but in real life....

check the song i posted...it is not only the internet world. c-lim made a track dissin him for bein a fake blood.

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #43 on: September 09, 2011, 01:27:32 PM »
c-limm is a nobody though pimpin' so u have 2 take what he's saying with a couple grains of salt.  it's just like 40 glocc who bullied half of the industry lol or some nigga around tha way who goes a little harder than everybody else from tha hood.  i'm not tryna vouch 4 tha nigga like i was there or anything but it's been pretty well known for almost a decade now that Wayne throws up a Red flag even if he rocked a blue flag once or twice.  

i mean u don't hear niggaz talkn about Snoop that one time on 106th N Park years ago wearing nothing but ALL RED (literally) - and he's done that a couple times after that too if i'm not mistaken.  some people just be expecting too much from entertainers.  and 4 tha record i really don't care 4 all that gangbangin shit but it's hard to take people serious when u already know from tha jump that they really don't respect somebody.  "Tha Carter IV" just pretty much went platinum in a week but you'd swear by reading everybody's comments online that tha shit didn't even crack 10K.  

K-MACC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #44 on: September 09, 2011, 02:51:07 PM »
wayne aint shit