Author Topic: Is it wrong to "trash" religion?  (Read 567 times)

Quakaveli

Re:Is it wrong to "trash" religion?
« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2003, 11:38:34 AM »
Whats my problem with religion is the close-mindedness that comes wit it for many religious ppl. They also refuse to accept that their religion is less than 100%  true and refuseto admit that religion is relly not the "divine word of god" at all, its just a bunch of stories meant to help u live righteously. But if they accept that, they'll know the basis for their beliefs are false and that defeats the whole purpose, LOL. But Hinduism iz da bomb, cuz its not as much a religion as it is a WAY OF LIVING...words of the wise. peace.

verbalassaulta

« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2003, 01:20:20 PM »
hell no its not wrong to trash religion...anyone who cant form there own opinion on life, morals, ethics, judgements..etc etc, and has to constantly refer to a book that was written way before there time when there is no physicall, scientific or any kind of truth to it..leave themselves open to be trashed...
« Last Edit: January 21, 2003, 01:22:08 PM by verbalassaulta »

Trauma-san

« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2003, 01:51:17 PM »
Whats my problem with religion is the close-mindedness that comes wit it for many religious ppl. They also refuse to accept that their religion is less than 100%  true and refuseto admit that religion is relly not the "divine word of god" at all, its just a bunch of stories meant to help u live righteously. But if they accept that, they'll know the basis for their beliefs are false and that defeats the whole purpose, LOL. But Hinduism iz da bomb, cuz its not as much a religion as it is a WAY OF LIVING...words of the wise. peace.

Actually, you're very closed minded.  The only religons that are acceptable to you, are the ones where the people admit they're wrong? LOL So, in other words, they're close-minded, if they won't accept your opinion of the religion? You're just as bad as they are!

Trauma-san

« Reply #18 on: January 21, 2003, 01:51:47 PM »
hell no its not wrong to trash religion...anyone who cant form there own opinion on life, morals, ethics, judgements..etc etc, and has to constantly refer to a book that was written way before there time when there is no physicall, scientific or any kind of truth to it..leave themselves open to be trashed...

So, because they have a different opinion on a topic than you, you can trash them? That's not right.  

bLaDe

• The Paradoxical Third Eye
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ..: Monolith :..
« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2003, 02:06:49 PM »
It is wrong to "Trash" religion, and other peoples views.  There is noting wrong with asking questions about religion, debating views in an intellegent and mature manner.  But simply coming off trashing and insulting religon/God or views of other people is wrong and very ignorant, peace

-{bLaDe}
Waving My Double Edged Sword, God Sharpened My Blade...
Its Just Me Against The World, And The Evil That He Made...

Trauma-san

« Reply #20 on: January 21, 2003, 02:31:13 PM »
It is wrong to "Trash" religion, and other peoples views.  There is noting wrong with asking questions about religion, debating views in an intellegent and mature manner.  But simply coming off trashing and insulting religon/God or views of other people is wrong and very ignorant, peace

-{bLaDe}

Yeah, exactly.  I love when people ask questions about my religion, no matter what they are, because it gives me a chance to express my views on it.  I don't mind people saying "But wasn't the bible changed?" or "So yall used to have several wives?" or "How do we know the book of mormon wasn't just fake stories Joseph Smith wrote?" None of those bother me at all.  I'm talking about people just telling you you're stupid for being religious, or whatever.  Peace~

.:DayGoStyLz:.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • MC's...dont wake me...
« Reply #21 on: January 21, 2003, 03:54:15 PM »
Who you been dealing with? LOL Most good religious people I know would never tell you you were going to hell because you're not religious, or criticise you because you're not religious.  Have I ever done that to you?  It's FAITH, your faith is you don't wanna be religious, that's exactly the same as my choice to be religious.  I'm not gonna hate on you just because you're not religious.  

youre really gonna tell me that it isnt the Christian belief that non-believers will go to hell?

I dunno, i dont look down on any of the religious cats on here...as long as they accept my beliefs also. I dont agree with alot of the stuff that some religions say...buti dont think youre necessarily wrong for believin them either. Ive alwayz thought, whateva makes YOU a better person...u should do, whether it be religion...or whatever.

Trauma-san

« Reply #22 on: January 21, 2003, 08:18:19 PM »
I'm a christian, and I don't think you go to hell for not being a christian.  Does that answer your question?

infinite59

« Reply #23 on: January 21, 2003, 08:34:23 PM »
I'm a christian, and I don't think you go to hell for not being a christian.  Does that answer your question?

Trauma, could you briefly explain what the Church of Latter Day Saints believe about life after death for nonbelievers such as Muslims?  Because.... other sections of Christianity have always taught that you must accept Jesus Christ as your personal Lord and Savior to be "saved" and go to heaven.

Trauma-san

« Reply #24 on: January 21, 2003, 08:38:48 PM »
Sure.  Latter Day Saints believe that after you die, souls arrive at a sort of spirit world, where they are ministered to, etc. by representatives of Christ (Adam, Peter, Paul, Moses, etc) all the great missionaries of all time.  On the other side, there won't be the veil that covers us here on earth, we'll all realize Christ's importance, etc. and you will still have the opportunity to become a christian after you've died.  

In other words, being a muslim or a member of another religion while on earth doesn't automatically sentence you to hell, or make me or other members any better than you.

The Lord is more interested in your righteousness than he is in whether you sniffed out the right religion while on earth.  

infinite59

« Reply #25 on: January 21, 2003, 08:49:05 PM »
Sure.  Latter Day Saints believe that after you die, souls arrive at a sort of spirit world, where they are ministered to, etc. by representatives of Christ (Adam, Peter, Paul, Moses, etc) all the great missionaries of all time.  On the other side, there won't be the veil that covers us here on earth, we'll all realize Christ's importance, etc. and you will still have the opportunity to become a christian after you've died.  

In other words, being a muslim or a member of another religion while on earth doesn't automatically sentence you to hell, or make me or other members any better than you.

The Lord is more interested in your righteousness than he is in whether you sniffed out the right religion while on earth.  

Thanks, I know you've told me that before but now I'll remember it.  

.:DayGoStyLz:.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • MC's...dont wake me...
« Reply #26 on: January 23, 2003, 12:26:09 AM »

^^well, if thas true...then thats cool. But ive just heard so many Christians tell me the opposite. Even on this board (which isnt always a good measure of people). Ive had them tell me time and again, that whether you accept Jesus or not, is what determines you entering Heaven or Hell. And what u do on this Earth, basically has very little to do with anything. You can murder someone, and then "turn your life around" and accept Jesus Christ...and u will, or may make it to Heaven. But, u could be a peaceful, loving, caring person who spends their life helping others...and NOT be Christian, and it doesnt matter...you still wont make it to Heaven.

I dont know if youre correct as to the beliefs of Christianity, or they are. Thats just what ive always heard from other Christians.

ontherise

• 'G'
  • bringin a little graphic flavor to the board
« Reply #27 on: January 23, 2003, 02:45:30 AM »
see you got us christains all wrong not i am really to tried to just try and explain to you that we try and not judge other religons cause of what the believe we just understand that by our view everyone has a chance to get saved and everyone has a chance to not if your a good person god just won't let you go to hell he loves you it's your own choice to disobey god words and he does try and speak to each person individually through like other people, dreams, visions you know whatever
« Last Edit: January 23, 2003, 02:46:34 AM by ontherise »

Trauma-san

« Reply #28 on: January 23, 2003, 04:28:19 AM »
^^^ that's a good man, right there.  

ontherise

• 'G'
  • bringin a little graphic flavor to the board
« Reply #29 on: January 24, 2003, 12:52:26 AM »
did you just call me a man lol
« Last Edit: January 24, 2003, 12:53:12 AM by ontherise »