Author Topic: 50 Cent’s new energy drink profits to feed a billion African children  (Read 740 times)

Triple OG Rapsodie

Re: 50 Cent’s new energy drink profits to feed a billion African children
« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2011, 11:59:32 AM »
Proof that 50 Cent shits on Pac when it comes to being a philanthropist

Yeah Pac never did benefit concerts for single mothers or thanksgiving dinners for the homeless.

Is that sarcasm?

Being that I just watched I video of him doing both, Si senor.

lol my mom buys thanksgiving dinners for the homeless. And I would hope he did benefit concerts after everything he said in his rhymes, considering most artists do.

that is very nice of your mother to do that. It's a personal choice for people to give back, not a requirement. Would it be nice if EVERYONE did it? Yes. Does everyone? No. Every little bit helps, big or small.

Back to my original post: 50 shits on Pac as a philanthropist. He's using his star status to much better effect. The biggest rapper on the planet did the same thing I did with my mom growing up and now we're supposed to applaud him as a great philanthropist?

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I Made Jesus Walks/So I Ain't Never Going To Hell
« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2011, 12:04:21 PM »

Yeah Pac never did benefit concerts for single mothers or thanksgiving dinners for the homeless.

Is that sarcasm?

lol my mom buys thanksgiving dinners for the homeless. And I would hope he did benefit concerts after everything he said in his rhymes, considering most artists do.

that is very nice of your mother to do that. It's a personal choice for people to give back, not a requirement. Would it be nice if EVERYONE did it? Yes. Does everyone? No. Every little bit helps, big or small.

Back to my original post: 50 shits on Pac as a philanthropist. He's using his star status to much better effect. The biggest rapper on the planet did the same thing I did with my mom growing up and now we're supposed to applaud him as a great philanthropist?

You brought up the philanthropist not me. This thread had nothing to do with 2pac until you brought him up. Besides who am I to judge what a man or woman does? All I am saying is that giving back to a community, village, country, etc is a personal choice. I applaud 50, and anyone else that decides to do anything big or small to help out a fellow person.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2011, 12:07:27 PM »

Is that sarcasm?

You brought up the philanthropist not me. This thread had nothing to do with 2pac until you brought him up. Besides who am I to judge what a man or woman does? All I am saying is that giving back to a community, village, country, etc is a personal choice. I applaud 50, and anyone else that decides to do anything big or small to help out a fellow person.

yep I said this proves 50 cent is more of a philanthropist than Pac. And your reply was to bring up activities my family and many others do on thanksgiving. Reply fail?

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #18 on: September 08, 2011, 12:15:08 PM »

Is that sarcasm?

yep I said this proves 50 cent is more of a philanthropist than Pac. And your reply was to bring up activities my family and many others do on thanksgiving. Reply fail?

If you want to rank the good works of people, be my guest. You made it sound like Pac never did anything for the community and he did. 50 Cent also sold crack as a kid, does that mean his philanthropy work is tainted? Absolutely not. Faith without good works is dead, says it in the Bible. Long as you believe in the good works you are doing for the betterment of your fellow human being, that is what counts.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #19 on: September 08, 2011, 12:29:56 PM »

Is that sarcasm?

If you want to rank the good works of people, be my guest. made it sound like Pac never did anything for the community and he did. 50 Cent also sold crack as a kid, does that mean his philanthropy work is tainted? Absolutely not. Faith without good works is dead, says it in the Bible. Long as you believe in the good works you are doing for the betterment of your fellow human being, that is what counts.

I never said that. There is however a long list of rappers who have done more for the community, yet we rarely see anyone praising them for their work. Try to have perspective.

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #20 on: September 08, 2011, 12:39:23 PM »

Is that sarcasm?

If you want to rank the good works of people, be my guest. made it sound like Pac never did anything for the community and he did. 50 Cent also sold crack as a kid, does that mean his philanthropy work is tainted? Absolutely not. Faith without good works is dead, says it in the Bible. Long as you believe in the good works you are doing for the betterment of your fellow human being, that is what counts.

I never said that. There is however a long list of rappers who have done more for the community, yet we rarely see anyone praising them for their work. Try to have perspective.

Exactly. Perspective is a 2 way street in a conversation, just giving you another lane to look at. Some people dont want all the praise for doing what comes naturally for them, helping people and we all know the media is not interested in covering the good a rapper does for anyone, it's not news to them. Sad.

bouli77

« Reply #21 on: September 08, 2011, 12:46:01 PM »
it's unfair to compare a rapper that's still alive and who's doing that after a 13 year+ long career and a deceased rapper whose career was not even half as long. it's also pointless to pit 2 public figures against each other over charity work. unlike music, it's not a competition.

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #22 on: September 08, 2011, 02:23:23 PM »
Fif built a big ass park in the hood for the kids back in the day too

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #23 on: September 08, 2011, 04:26:47 PM »
it's unfair to compare a rapper that's still alive and who's doing that after a 13 year+ long career and a deceased rapper whose career was not even half as long. it's also pointless to pit 2 public figures against each other over charity work. unlike music, it's not a competition.

okay, instead compare him to someone like Immortal Technique, an indie rapper with a much smaller fanbase, presumably made much less money, yet still dedicated his album sales to building an orphanage in Afghanistan. So much more impressive, with less.

Jimmy H.

« Reply #24 on: September 09, 2011, 05:49:01 AM »
Kind of dumb to try and argue out who's more charitable. Reminds me of that one dude who was complaining that his favorite rappers aren't saving Somalia. Time to get off the high horses. We're all just as capable of contributing as these rich rappers but we expect them to give back because they have deeper pockets. Problem is we are making the issue into one of money, which it shouldn't be. Charity and good deeds don't cost money. If you're passionate about a cause, get involved, but let's not go overboard on either extreme in condemning or praising these people with money who write checks.

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #25 on: September 09, 2011, 05:56:33 AM »
look at dick suckin ass jimmy on his high horse again.  smh, stop fakin nigga u lookin' mad corny over there. 

Jimmy H.

« Reply #26 on: September 09, 2011, 10:41:49 AM »
I can look whatever kind of way through your eyes. You are far too delusional for me to lose any sleep over it.

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #27 on: September 09, 2011, 11:01:31 AM »
 :sleep: right

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #28 on: September 09, 2011, 12:10:24 PM »
Oh, yeah. Radiotube wanted people to donate to Somalia. One of the worst places to be on the planet. Like the innocent poor people there would see the money & they wouldn't be robbed immediately lol.

Jimmy H.

« Reply #29 on: September 09, 2011, 12:56:28 PM »
But don't you know that famous rappers have security. They could hire them to go oversees and take on thousands of angry, starving people.