Author Topic: Official Video: Slim the Mobster ''Gun Play''  (Read 1744 times)

LAC/EASTSIDE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • BORN AND RAISED IN THE SC to BG
Re: Official Video: Slim the Mobster ''Gun Play''
« Reply #45 on: September 08, 2011, 06:51:42 PM »
Dude tries way too hard to be hard imo. You got tons of rappers that really were in the streets or whatever but that doesn't mean that you can't be an artist instead of
someone always throwing the same ol "i'm not like these other rappers i'm really in the streets" shit. Song was like a carbon copy of a old 50 joint.

I'm pretty sure the only reason why he got a deal has something to do with his street connect and what have you. It's like when most white people get jobs at higher positions because their dad owns the company or because they happen to be related to the boss and shit and therefor no matter what they do they still won't get fired. Same thing with this dude, doubt they have much faith in him as far as him bringing in money for the label, haven't really put out much in like 1 or 2 years, doesn't have a following, doesn't have the "star power" or nothing and yet he' still on the label.

What is "star" power? Bringing in money? Like Rick Ross? Young Joc? Gucci Mane? Those are the stars?
"Ask me why I'm high and my reply, till the day I die. Don't want to picture this cold world with sober eyes"

PhunkyDoob

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #46 on: September 08, 2011, 11:17:44 PM »
Dude tries way too hard to be hard imo. You got tons of rappers that really were in the streets or whatever but that doesn't mean that you can't be an artist instead of
someone always throwing the same ol "i'm not like these other rappers i'm really in the streets" shit. Song was like a carbon copy of a old 50 joint.

I'm pretty sure the only reason why he got a deal has something to do with his street connect and what have you. It's like when most white people get jobs at higher positions because their dad owns the company or because they happen to be related to the boss and shit and therefor no matter what they do they still won't get fired. Same thing with this dude, doubt they have much faith in him as far as him bringing in money for the label, haven't really put out much in like 1 or 2 years, doesn't have a following, doesn't have the "star power" or nothing and yet he' still on the label.

What is "star" power? Bringing in money? Like Rick Ross? Young Joc? Gucci Mane? Those are the stars?

Those are the best examples to bring up? Seriously? Yung Joc? SMH and yes even a guy like Ross generates interest (good or bad) which brings money. Wayne, Drake, T.I. etc. Star power is someone the audience deem as entertaining in one way or another like even 2pac had star power, dude had a rough background and a story to tell plus he was an actor and not just a rapper etc.

Nooc210

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Planets
Re: Official Video: Slim the Mobster ''Gun Play'' Produced by Dr.Dre
« Reply #47 on: September 08, 2011, 11:41:49 PM »
thanks.

slim's flow is progressing.
he got a hard beat, not sure about the melody though.

i totally agree, it's the only discrepancy, the hook is very 50 Cent.
so far so good, we'll see how dope the rest of the tape is.. :eh:
The Chonic • 2001 • Compton •
http://www.drdre.com

shoo

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #48 on: September 08, 2011, 11:50:03 PM »
i know these two are way to different to compare but new Evidence song/video shits on this 8)

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
Re: Official Video: Slim the Mobster ''Gun Play'' Produced by Dr.Dre
« Reply #49 on: September 09, 2011, 04:37:28 AM »
thanks.

slim's flow is progressing.
he got a hard beat, not sure about the melody though.

i totally agree, it's the only discrepancy, the hook is very 50 Cent.
so far so good, we'll see how dope the rest of the tape is.. :eh:
slim released quite a few songs for free already, im sure some of them will be on the mixtape

LAC/EASTSIDE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #50 on: September 09, 2011, 04:14:57 PM »

Those are the best examples to bring up? Seriously? Yung Joc? SMH and yes even a guy like Ross generates interest (good or bad) which brings money. Wayne, Drake, T.I. etc. Star power is someone the audience deem as entertaining in one way or another like even 2pac had star power, dude had a rough background and a story to tell plus he was an actor and not just a rapper etc.

Yes, those were some of the best examples that I could bring up that I felt YOU might consider to be STARS but have not fucking skills, AT ALL! I guess we both differ in what a "STAR" is. Selling records means nothing to me, especially in this day in age. Wayne was tight since day one, but since he sold out now, I guess he is now a STAR to you. T.I. same shit! Drake is aight, don't really like the dude. 2pac shouldn't even be in this discussion. When Pac started he wasn't even that popular. "Star" power can come unexpectantly. It's very hard to predict these things. Some Artist get it right away and then die out. Some artist work for years to get recognition or "Star" power and finally do get in. It's very unpredictable. It's easy to use Wayne and Drake and T.I. as examples since they are NOW so called "stars". If you would have told me that Rick Ross would be who he is now, I would have laughed! The reality is that most times, NOBODY KNOWS!
« Last Edit: September 09, 2011, 04:16:46 PM by LAC/EASTSIDE »
"Ask me why I'm high and my reply, till the day I die. Don't want to picture this cold world with sober eyes"

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #51 on: September 09, 2011, 08:03:19 PM »
lol at LAC replying to everyone who doesn't like the song.

Adriano

• Dream Team
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #52 on: September 10, 2011, 04:08:32 AM »

Westcoast News Network // www.dubcnn.com // Westcoast News Network

Fonkarround

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • https://soundcloud.com/fonkarround
« Reply #53 on: September 10, 2011, 05:06:35 AM »

Yes, those were some of the best examples that I could bring up that I felt YOU might consider to be STARS but have not fucking skills, AT ALL! I guess we both differ in what a "STAR" is. Selling records means nothing to me, especially in this day in age. Wayne was tight since day one, but since he sold out now, I guess he is now a STAR to you. T.I. same shit! Drake is aight, don't really like the dude. 2pac shouldn't even be in this discussion. When Pac started he wasn't even that popular. "Star" power can come unexpectantly. It's very hard to predict these things. Some Artist get it right away and then die out. Some artist work for years to get recognition or "Star" power and finally do get in. It's very unpredictable. It's easy to use Wayne and Drake and T.I. as examples since they are NOW so called "stars". If you would have told me that Rick Ross would be who he is now, I would have laughed! The reality is that most times, NOBODY KNOWS!
Come on. Dont act like you dont know what he meant. Its not about popularity, its about a person - usually the stars are succesfull people with character, style. Thats whats missing today with many popular artists.

LAC/EASTSIDE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #54 on: September 10, 2011, 02:46:23 PM »

How come I knew I was going to get a reply from the Spice girl! You fucking stalker! This convo is not even about the song you dumb son of a bitch! Read you fucking blind motherfucker! No wonder nobody likes your fucking bitch ass!
« Last Edit: September 10, 2011, 02:57:31 PM by LAC/EASTSIDE »

LAC/EASTSIDE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #55 on: September 10, 2011, 02:49:05 PM »

Come on. Dont act like you dont know what he meant. Its not about popularity, its about a person - usually the stars are succesfull people with character, style. Thats whats missing today with many popular artists.

Dude, there are so many GREAT rappers who have Character and style but DONT MAKE IT! Whats your point? You actually think the artist I brought up have character and style? I really don't know what you are talking about homie.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #56 on: September 10, 2011, 02:55:10 PM »

How come I knew I was going to get a reply from the Spice girl! You fucking stalker! This convo is not even about the song you dumb son of a bitch! Read you fucking blind motherfucker! No wonder nobody like your fucking bitch ass!

lol calm waaaaay down. Lets see, you've got 3 different replies on the last page to people who don't like the song. You're overreacting. Just face the fact that a lot of people aren't impressed with slim.

LAC/EASTSIDE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #57 on: September 10, 2011, 03:05:11 PM »

How come I knew I was going to get a reply from the Spice girl! You fucking stalker! This convo is not even about the song you dumb son of a bitch! Read you fucking blind motherfucker! No wonder nobody like your fucking bitch ass!

lol calm waaaaay down. Lets see, you've got 3 different replies on the last page to people who don't like the song. You're overreacting. Just face the fact that a lot of people aren't impressed with slim.

Yeah you better change the subject fucking cunt! Do I have to tell you again? THIS IS NOT ABOUT THE SONG! Read the convo, you bitch! I can give a rat's ass if people do or don't like Slim! If you like to reply to the topic, then do it but don't come here with your fucking gay lol's all the time, trying to change shit! Then you reply with your usual "CALM DOWN" crap! You are like a fucking fly that can't be killed, just bugging the shit out of people. Why don't you give me your parents phone number? I think it's time to let them know you need some fucking love. Let me talk to them. They need to let you out the fucking basement to get some vitamin D.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #58 on: September 10, 2011, 03:16:55 PM »

Yeah you better change the subject fucking cunt! Do I have to tell you again? THIS IS NOT ABOUT THE SONG! Read the convo, you bitch! I can give a rat's ass if people do or don't like Slim! If you like to reply to the topic, then do it but don't come here with your fucking gay lol's all the time, trying to change shit! Then you reply with your usual "CALM DOWN" crap! You are like a fucking fly that can't be killed, just bugging the shit out of people. Why don't you give me your parents phone number? I think it's time to let them know you need some fucking love. Let me talk to them. They need to let you out the fucking basement to get some vitamin D.

You're on a music forum telling a random poster they're a fucking fly like that' s that normal for you. Who needs love? You're the one acting emotional on a music forum, over a slim the mobster thread no less. Your life clearly revolves around this shit to the point you get heated every time someone points out that you're overreacting. I hope you're still a kid, because you have the emotional well-being of a 13 year old throwing tantrums. If one lol ruins your day I can only imagine how real life affects you.

LAC/EASTSIDE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #59 on: September 10, 2011, 03:38:25 PM »

You're on a music forum telling a random poster they're a fucking fly like that' s that normal for you. Who needs love? You're the one acting emotional on a music forum, over a slim the mobster thread no less. Your life clearly revolves around this shit to the point you get heated every time someone points out that you're overreacting. I hope you're still a kid, because you have the emotional well-being of a 13 year old throwing tantrums. If one lol ruins your day I can only imagine how real life affects you.
My life revolves around this but you have 6000 post's in less than two years haha? You are a unique individual dawg, you really are. You make it seem as if Im the first dude to tell you to fuck off! I can't even count how many posters have told you this. Can you blame me for being annoyed by you? I didn't overreact AT ALL, at the homies replying to me in this thread. We were having a nice convo until the your bitch ass decided to jump in with the usual stupidity. This reaction is for YOU! You are too fucking old dawg to be acting like this. You are a fucking child troll. You spend so much time in this fucking forum and half your shit is all gossip bitch crap! Instigating or seeking attention. Like I said, Im not the first and won't be the last to put you on blast.