Author Topic: Official Video: Slim the Mobster ''Gun Play''  (Read 1741 times)

LAC/EASTSIDE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • BORN AND RAISED IN THE SC to BG
Re: Official Video: Slim the Mobster ''Gun Play''
« Reply #75 on: September 12, 2011, 01:33:37 PM »
Dude tries way too hard to be hard imo. You got tons of rappers that really were in the streets or whatever but that doesn't mean that you can't be an artist instead of
someone always throwing the same ol "i'm not like these other rappers i'm really in the streets" shit. Song was like a carbon copy of a old 50 joint.

I'm pretty sure the only reason why he got a deal has something to do with his street connect and what have you. It's like when most white people get jobs at higher positions because their dad owns the company or because they happen to be related to the boss and shit and therefor no matter what they do they still won't get fired. Same thing with this dude, doubt they have much faith in him as far as him bringing in money for the label, haven't really put out much in like 1 or 2 years, doesn't have a following, doesn't have the "star power" or nothing and yet he' still on the label.

What is "star" power? Bringing in money? Like Rick Ross? Young Joc? Gucci Mane? Those are the stars?

Those are the best examples to bring up? Seriously? Yung Joc? SMH and yes even a guy like Ross generates interest (good or bad) which brings money. Wayne, Drake, T.I. etc. Star power is someone the audience deem as entertaining in one way or another like even 2pac had star power, dude had a rough background and a story to tell plus he was an actor and not just a rapper etc.

Yes, those were some of the best examples that I could bring up that I felt YOU might consider to be STARS but have not fucking skills, AT ALL! I guess we both differ in what a "STAR" is. Selling records means nothing to me, especially in this day in age. Wayne was tight since day one, but since he sold out now, I guess he is now a STAR to you. T.I. same shit! Drake is aight, don't really like the dude. 2pac shouldn't even be in this discussion. When Pac started he wasn't even that popular. "Star" power can come unexpectantly. It's very hard to predict these things. Some Artist get it right away and then die out. Some artist work for years to get recognition or "Star" power and finally do get in. It's very unpredictable. It's easy to use Wayne and Drake and T.I. as examples since they are NOW so called "stars". If you would have told me that Rick Ross would be who he is now, I would have laughed! The reality is that most times, NOBODY KNOWS!

Wth are you rambling on about? Are you on drugs? You're talking about popularity and i'm talking about star potential/power which i said is something that said artist have that the audience deem as entertaining (charisma, looks etc). I'm not even a fan of Wayne, Drake or T.I. those were just some examples. You're going off on something completely out of context. Whether Drake or anybody else disappears in 5 years who cares? That's not even my point, my point was that they still have something that people find entertaining. Why do you think Snoop is still in the game? Because his songs with Katy Perry and shit are just that dope huh? No obviously because people love Snoop cuz they love his persona and charisma.

Are you from the UK? Anyways, How do people become popular in the music industry? Yes, you are talking about star potential/power but you act as if you are an expert in discovering this. You claim Slim has NO star potential, my point is who knew 50 and Eminem had star potential before they became who they are now?? Do you get that? Or are you on drugs? Now, I'm not saying SLIM DOES have star potential. My points again is that many of the STARS NOW were never thought to have IT when they started. In the music industry, there are only a SELECT few, who people would be able to say, "WOW THAT GUY WILL BE A STAR". Eminem was grinding for over a fucking decade and nobody gave the guy a chance. Dr. Dre gave him the chance and he took off from there. He build on his STAR/potential and is now a household name. So my question to you is how can YOU tell if someone has it or not?

"Ask me why I'm high and my reply, till the day I die. Don't want to picture this cold world with sober eyes"

LAC/EASTSIDE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #76 on: September 12, 2011, 01:35:13 PM »
seems so bland...5-10 years ago i might've enjoyed this type of "gangsta" mentality, its just getting old now and overplayed
exactly what i was thinking. this is blah

But you like DIPSHIT? I mean Dipset? Please!
yeah i do

But you don't enjoy them anymore right?
"Ask me why I'm high and my reply, till the day I die. Don't want to picture this cold world with sober eyes"

LAC/EASTSIDE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #77 on: September 12, 2011, 01:38:13 PM »
Dude tries way too hard to be hard imo. You got tons of rappers that really were in the streets or whatever but that doesn't mean that you can't be an artist instead of
someone always throwing the same ol "i'm not like these other rappers i'm really in the streets" shit. Song was like a carbon copy of a old 50 joint.

I'm pretty sure the only reason why he got a deal has something to do with his street connect and what have you. It's like when most white people get jobs at higher positions because their dad owns the company or because they happen to be related to the boss and shit and therefor no matter what they do they still won't get fired. Same thing with this dude, doubt they have much faith in him as far as him bringing in money for the label, haven't really put out much in like 1 or 2 years, doesn't have a following, doesn't have the "star power" or nothing and yet he' still on the label.

What is "star" power? Bringing in money? Like Rick Ross? Young Joc? Gucci Mane? Those are the stars?

Those are the best examples to bring up? Seriously? Yung Joc? SMH and yes even a guy like Ross generates interest (good or bad) which brings money. Wayne, Drake, T.I. etc. Star power is someone the audience deem as entertaining in one way or another like even 2pac had star power, dude had a rough background and a story to tell plus he was an actor and not just a rapper etc.

Yes, those were some of the best examples that I could bring up that I felt YOU might consider to be STARS but have not fucking skills, AT ALL! I guess we both differ in what a "STAR" is. Selling records means nothing to me, especially in this day in age. Wayne was tight since day one, but since he sold out now, I guess he is now a STAR to you. T.I. same shit! Drake is aight, don't really like the dude. 2pac shouldn't even be in this discussion. When Pac started he wasn't even that popular. "Star" power can come unexpectantly. It's very hard to predict these things. Some Artist get it right away and then die out. Some artist work for years to get recognition or "Star" power and finally do get in. It's very unpredictable. It's easy to use Wayne and Drake and T.I. as examples since they are NOW so called "stars". If you would have told me that Rick Ross would be who he is now, I would have laughed! The reality is that most times, NOBODY KNOWS!
Come on. Dont act like you dont know what he meant. Its not about popularity, its about a person - usually the stars are succesfull people with character, style. Thats whats missing today with many popular artists.

Dude, there are so many GREAT rappers who have Character and style but DONT MAKE IT! Whats your point? You actually think the artist I brought up have character and style? I really don't know what you are talking about homie.
The artists you brought up have no style.

I know they have no style. But how did they become stars? I guess the next question will be, WHAT IS A STAR TO YOU?

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #78 on: September 12, 2011, 03:02:56 PM »
I don't know about star power, but does anyone believe Slim will get any attention making these type of records? Even Em has to make emo records with pop singers on the hook right now to stay on top.

LAC/EASTSIDE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #79 on: September 12, 2011, 03:38:27 PM »
I don't know about star power, but does anyone believe Slim will get any attention making these type of records? Even Em has to make emo records with pop singers on the hook right now to stay on top.

In this Day in AGE? Nope! It will be extremely hard for Slim to get any recognition. The rap game has changed dramatically. But I'm sure you would agree that he wont be the only one. Even dudes that don't make that type pf music, rarely get recognized. Like I said before, the industry is unpredictable.

PhunkyDoob

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #80 on: September 12, 2011, 04:37:35 PM »

Wth are you rambling on about? Are you on drugs? You're talking about popularity and i'm talking about star potential/power which i said is something that said artist have that the audience deem as entertaining (charisma, looks etc). I'm not even a fan of Wayne, Drake or T.I. those were just some examples. You're going off on something completely out of context. Whether Drake or anybody else disappears in 5 years who cares? That's not even my point, my point was that they still have something that people find entertaining. Why do you think Snoop is still in the game? Because his songs with Katy Perry and shit are just that dope huh? No obviously because people love Snoop cuz they love his persona and charisma.

Are you from the UK? Anyways, How do people become popular in the music industry? Yes, you are talking about star potential/power but you act as if you are an expert in discovering this. You claim Slim has NO star potential, my point is who knew 50 and Eminem had star potential before they became who they are now?? Do you get that? Or are you on drugs? Now, I'm not saying SLIM DOES have star potential. My points again is that many of the STARS NOW were never thought to have IT when they started. In the music industry, there are only a SELECT few, who people would be able to say, "WOW THAT GUY WILL BE A STAR". Eminem was grinding for over a fucking decade and nobody gave the guy a chance. Dr. Dre gave him the chance and he took off from there. He build on his STAR/potential and is now a household name. So my question to you is how can YOU tell if someone has it or not?

Stop being a dumb ass of course it was my opinion, smarten up. One of the reasons why he doesn't have that is beause of his music, his approach and stuff like that musically and off the mic. Of course people could at least sense that 50 was an example of that, did you forget that he came out with How To Rob back in the late 90's/early 00's? He was confrontational, aggressive, never held his tounge, had dope music, had the street look that made guys wanna look like him and girls wanna fuck him and most importantly a interesting story.

SMH at you bringing up Eminem, seriously? Of course he wasn't a star at first and that's because he wasn't as exposed to the world moron. This was pre-internet forums how would anyone know who Eminem was in say 1995 unless they knew him or was from his hood? His still was/is entertaining and had that factor. It's also subjective which is why i gave MY opinion on Slim and why i don't believe he has that power.

LAC/EASTSIDE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #81 on: September 12, 2011, 05:29:30 PM »

Stop being a dumb ass of course it was my opinion, smarten up. One of the reasons why he doesn't have that is beause of his music, his approach and stuff like that musically and off the mic. Of course people could at least sense that 50 was an example of that, did you forget that he came out with How To Rob back in the late 90's/early 00's? He was confrontational, aggressive, never held his tounge, had dope music, had the street look that made guys wanna look like him and girls wanna fuck him and most importantly a interesting story.

SMH at you bringing up Eminem, seriously? Of course he wasn't a star at first and that's because he wasn't as exposed to the world moron. This was pre-internet forums how would anyone know who Eminem was in say 1995 unless they knew him or was from his hood? His still was/is entertaining and had that factor. It's also subjective which is why i gave MY opinion on Slim and why i don't believe he has that power.

No shit you fucking idiot! Before you get EXPOSED, you need someone to put you in that position fucking lame. Don't you get my point? You just can't fucking assume or act as if you can tell who has the IT factor or not. If its your opinion, it's cool but don;t confuse it with fact! How to rob haha? What the fuck does his story have to do with charisma? If it was not for Eminem, 50 would have NEVER got the chance. You are collapsing homie! Confrontational? Aggressiveness? Wow what charisma haha. Trust me, I DONT EVER WANT TO LOOK LIKE 50 ha!

You went from saying that the only reason Slim got a deal was because of his street cred, but 50 did the same. You bring up Charisma, then personal background, then aggressive style and that you wish you had his body and looks haha. Dude you are waaay the fuck off. Why don't you stick with the same argument, instead of trying to come up with new shit. Fact of the matter is that MANY ARTIST have made it and became stars for different reasons. Some because of talent, some because of bullshit hype, others for a stupid song. Most of it was dictated by the industry or someone gave you the hand. Then dudes started to build on it. 50 cent went from dissing R&B singers to making songs with them. Like I said, EMINEM WAS GRINDING FOR A WHOLE FUCKING DECADE! Just by being WHITE, he was sent flying and was ignored. WHO THE FUCK WAS GOING TO THINK EMINEM would be a star? Shit even Em didn't believe it. Dr. DRE gave him the hand!, Dre gave him the chance to be exposed and he ran with it and WORKED! The dude obviously has skill but DRE took the chance! Don't be a fucking idiot! The game is unpredictable.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #82 on: September 12, 2011, 05:54:59 PM »
In my eyes Game has no star appeal either. He was just marketed perfectly. The same could've happened with Slim back in the day, but not today.

PhunkyDoob

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #83 on: September 12, 2011, 05:58:34 PM »

No shit you fucking idiot! Before you get EXPOSED, you need someone to put you in that position fucking lame. Don't you get my point? You just can't fucking assume or act as if you can tell who has the IT factor or not. If its your opinion, it's cool but don;t confuse it with fact! How to rob haha? What the fuck does his story have to do with charisma? If it was not for Eminem, 50 would have NEVER got the chance. You are collapsing homie! Confrontational? Aggressiveness? Wow what charisma haha. Trust me, I DONT EVER WANT TO LOOK LIKE 50 ha!

You went from saying that the only reason Slim got a deal was because of his street cred, but 50 did the same. You bring up Charisma, then personal background, then aggressive style and that you wish you had his body and looks haha. Dude you are waaay the fuck off. Why don't you stick with the same argument, instead of trying to come up with new shit. Fact of the matter is that MANY ARTIST have made it and became stars for different reasons. Some because of talent, some because of bullshit hype, others for a stupid song. Most of it was dictated by the industry or someone gave you the hand. Then dudes started to build on it. 50 cent went from dissing R&B singers to making songs with them. Like I said, EMINEM WAS GRINDING FOR A WHOLE FUCKING DECADE! Just by being WHITE, he was sent flying and was ignored. WHO THE FUCK WAS GOING TO THINK EMINEM would be a star? Shit even Em didn't believe it. Dr. DRE gave him the hand!, Dre gave him the chance to be exposed and he ran with it and WORKED! The dude obviously has skill but DRE took the chance! Don't be a fucking idiot! The game is unpredictable.

Smh woow at the stupidity. You're just arguing to argue not even catching what i'm saying. LOL at exposer having something to do with things like (what people deem as) ENTERTAINING PERSONALITY, CHARISMA, LOOKS and shit..lol at this stupid ass dude.

Same thing with Kendrick who i'm a fan of, even Charlamagne said the same thing..dude just doesn't have what the audience deem as charisma, entertaining personality, the look, the style which is something even a Jay Rock and Nipsey have MORE of than Slim, Kendrick or any of these dudes.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2011, 06:01:41 PM by PhunkyDoob »

LAC/EASTSIDE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #84 on: September 12, 2011, 06:04:10 PM »
In my eyes Game has no star appeal either. He was just marketed perfectly. The same could've happened with Slim back in the day, but not today.

EXACTLY! I wouldn't call GAME a total bum but you hit it right on the spot. THE DUDE WAS MARKETED PERFECTLY! This type of shit happens a lot. It's impossible to tell who will become a star. Of course you have that select few, Michael Jackson type dudes but I still wonder how many guys become stars. Rick Ross? Gucci Mane? Young Joc and his fake ass swag?

LAC/EASTSIDE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #85 on: September 12, 2011, 06:10:09 PM »

Smh woow at the stupidity. You're just arguing to argue not even catching what i'm saying. LOL at exposer having something to do with things like (what people deem as) ENTERTAINING PERSONALITY, CHARISMA, LOOKS and shit..lol at this stupid ass dude.

Same thing with Kendrick who i'm a fan of, even Charlamagne said the same thing..dude just doesn't have what the audience deem as charisma, entertaining personality, the look, the style which is something even a Jay Rock and Nipsey have MORE of than Slim, Kendrick or any of these dudes.

YOU ARE A COMPLETE IDIOT! Since you are an expert in discovering talent and STAR power, why don't you enlighten me and tell me how RICK ROSS, YOUNG JOC and GUCCI MANE became stars? Tell me why Bishop Lamont didn't? Why isn't Pharoahe Monch a star? Why not Blu?

Kendrick Lamar IMO has a lot of charisma and personality. The question is WHAT AUDIENCE? The kids haha? The fucking stupid teenagers that know nothing about Hip Hop? Get the fuck out of here!

PhunkyDoob

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #86 on: September 12, 2011, 06:11:51 PM »

EXACTLY! I wouldn't call GAME a total bum but you hit it right on the spot. THE DUDE WAS MARKETED PERFECTLY! This type of shit happens a lot. It's impossible to tell who will become a star. Of course you have that select few, Michael Jackson type dudes but I still wonder how many guys become stars. Rick Ross? Gucci Mane? Young Joc and his fake ass swag?

ROFL the last part is just way too funny cuz you don't even know wtf you talking about and you STILL bringing up Yung Joc and Gucci Mane? LMAO

We'll see though if Slim will become a star but i PROMISE and on everything i love would pay 5000$ if he becomes a star in the next say 5 years..even if they used the same "marketing" like you said lol..i know you won't make the same bet though.

PhunkyDoob

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #87 on: September 12, 2011, 06:15:30 PM »

YOU ARE A COMPLETE IDIOT! Since you are an expert in discovering talent and STAR power, why don't you enlighten me and tell me how RICK ROSS, YOUNG JOC and GUCCI MANE became stars? Tell me why Bishop Lamont didn't? Why isn't Pharoahe Monch a star? Why not Blu?

Kendrick Lamar IMO has a lot of charisma and personality. The question is WHAT AUDIENCE? The kids haha? The fucking stupid teenagers that know nothing about Hip Hop? Get the fuck out of here!

Umm yeah you fucking dumb ass idiot how the fuck can you become a STAR without being at least nationally known you fucking idiot? Looooooool @ this dude..this is why i said you completely not getting my point or what i was talking about and it just showed..fucking clown.

LAC/EASTSIDE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #88 on: September 12, 2011, 06:27:00 PM »

ROFL the last part is just way too funny cuz you don't even know wtf you talking about and you STILL bringing up Yung Joc and Gucci Mane? LMAO

We'll see though if Slim will become a star but i PROMISE and on everything i love would pay 5000$ if he becomes a star in the next say 5 years..even if they used the same "marketing" like you said lol..i know you won't make the same bet though.

You probably one of those kids also huh? Usually kids and chicks use those "ROFL" codes ha. Oh WOW what a BOLD PREDICTION hahah. Wow you would pay 5000$ hahah! WHAT a fucking lame! No no no, please don't put that much money. You must be Nostradamus!  Once again you prove how retarded you are. I think 99% of the people would do the same. It's only common sense you fucking idiot! You actually think that was a BOLD move ha? The percentage of people making it in the industry is REAL LOW! Most people fail! What a fucking idiot, I swear haha!

LAC/EASTSIDE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #89 on: September 12, 2011, 06:32:06 PM »

Umm yeah you fucking dumb ass idiot how the fuck can you become a STAR without being at least nationally known you fucking idiot? Looooooool @ this dude..this is why i said you completely not getting my point or what i was talking about and it just showed..fucking clown.

Well I see that you are a BITCH and can't answer my questions. Until then you can laugh your clown ass all you want. You still can't back up your shit! Go in circles all you want. I mean, you got the game all figured out anyways ha. You should turn in an application to aftermath. I'm sure Dr Dre can use and expert like you, discovering talent. I mean you just have it, you are a prodigy haha. You are so good that you are willing to put 5000 dollars hahahaha. Wow, that made my day. Thanks homie!