Author Topic: Sam Sneed - Street Scholars (Original Album) (Discussion Thread)  (Read 6594 times)

Okka

Sam Sneed - Street Scholars (Original Album) (Discussion Thread)
« on: September 08, 2011, 02:59:27 AM »

1. Sam Sneed - Like Sneed (Feat. Snoop Dogg) (Intro) (4:02)
2. Sam Sneed - Drug Related (Original Version) (3:57)
3. Sam Sneed - Goin' Hollywood (Original Version) (4:08)
4. Sam Sneed - Ghetto Hero (4:23)
5. Sam Sneed - The Heist (Feat. Drauma) (3:44)
6. Sam Sneed - Lady Heroin (Feat. J. Flexx) (Original Version) (3:45)
7. Sam Sneed - In Da Zone (Feat. J. Flexx & Drauma) (4:32)
8. Sam Sneed - It's So Hot (Feat. Drauma) (4:37)
9. Sam Sneed - Trump Tight (3:48)
10. Sam Sneed - New World Order (Original Version) (2:33)
11. Sam Sneed - Bone Breaker (3:19)
12. Sam Sneed - Street Scholars (4:13)
13. Sam Sneed - Dear God (Feat. Lady of Rage & Drauma) (4:25)
14. Sam Sneed - U Better Recognize (Feat. Dr. Dre) (3:56)

If you have heard this album already, what do you think about it? Y'all know how it goes, don't be askin' for links.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2011, 05:44:30 AM by Okka »

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
Re: Sam Sneed - Street Scholars (Original Album) (Discussion Thread)
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2011, 03:17:37 AM »
where is the other topic??

Okka

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2011, 03:24:16 AM »
where is the other topic??

I deleted because it was a hook-up thread. Last time Tanner hooked up those Sam Sneed snippets Nima got contacted by WideAwake.

EnzoUK

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2011, 03:29:51 AM »
i aint asking for a link but im asking where i would find one or what to search for this?

i never even knew this existed? sam said the flac files to the OG tracks were damaged or missing and thats why he had to redo half the CD?

im confused as to what this actually is and when it leaked  ???
Twitter: @EnzoUK

Will_B

« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2011, 04:07:25 AM »
Something that apparently is doing the rounds online. Quality is mixed. I guess someone assembled some new and old leaks to make it the full length album.

EnzoUK

« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2011, 04:14:16 AM »
I don't see the problems with hookups then if it isn't an official release?
Twitter: @EnzoUK

Will_B

« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2011, 04:17:41 AM »
Nearly all the recent 2Pac leaks have got taken off youtube by Wideasleep. Think they've put the smack down on a lot of stuff.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2011, 10:43:00 AM by OG Will B 'Haters will always hate' »

D-TalkX

« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2011, 04:23:49 AM »
This album was disappointing but I think it's because there songs from different eras so it sounds more like it's been thrown together as opposed to a solo album.

Will_B

« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2011, 04:36:58 AM »
Is it known if this bootleg is close to the original album as it was planned?

eNgIeS

« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2011, 05:33:10 AM »
I think it was pretty damn good. You can see Sam Sneed had a huge influence on the Death Row sound. One of the tracks even featured one of the elements of the "That Nigga Dave" beat.

It was definately worth releasing as it had U Better Recognise (which was a hit) and had a few other tracks that could've hit. Its also a shame its taken this long to leak. Shame its a notch below CD quality and its a shame Suge mismanaged and ruined Death Row. Would've loved to see the dynasty with Dr. Dre running it without having the bullshit Suge brought in.

Darkwing Duck (The Reincarnation)

« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2011, 05:33:39 AM »
im listenin to this now..

Okka, u broke alot of hearts when u removed that link  

Okka

« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2011, 05:44:04 AM »
This album was disappointing but I think it's because there songs from different eras so it sounds more like it's been thrown together as opposed to a solo album.

We are talkin' about the version that just leaked. It doesn't have any new material on it, only old songs.

Funkstradamus

« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2011, 05:59:14 AM »
I think it was pretty damn good. You can see Sam Sneed had a huge influence on the Death Row sound. One of the tracks even featured one of the elements of the "That Nigga Dave" beat.

It was definately worth releasing as it had U Better Recognise (which was a hit) and had a few other tracks that could've hit. Its also a shame its taken this long to leak. Shame its a notch below CD quality and its a shame Suge mismanaged and ruined Death Row. Would've loved to see the dynasty with Dr. Dre running it without having the bullshit Suge brought in.
album was definitely created during the height of Death Row (Murder Was The Case Era) because all the songs have elements of all the releases from back then (ex. the beat to the Heist sounds almost just like Natural Born Killers)  I would love to know how much involvement Dr. Dre, Daz & Soopafly had in the production because i hear elements of their "Death Row" production styles in all the tracks.  If this had been released around the Murder Was The Case Soundtrack it would have gone double-platinum at least.  Definitely is another shining example of Suge being a terrible record label CEO.  Suge clearly was in this for the money and the fame only and had no musical talent or ear for music

Raphael

« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2011, 06:07:52 AM »
 :whistle:

Quadruple OG

« Reply #14 on: September 08, 2011, 06:09:35 AM »
Tracks are hot, this shold have definitely been the Sneed release instead of the one that actually came out. As I said in the other thread, the quality is a mixed bag. Also it seems the tracks are out of order. From the way songs fade in and out, "New World Order" should have gone before "Drug Related" and "It's So Hot" should have come before "Street Scholars".

Hopefully the quality can be salvaged by someone that can make it consistent. Obviously WideAwake won't be able to do it, maybe Efrain?