Author Topic: Sam Sneed - Street Scholars (Original Album) (Discussion Thread)  (Read 6584 times)

Okka

Re: Sam Sneed - Street Scholars (Original Album) (Discussion Thread)
« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2011, 06:25:19 AM »
It's a shame this album never came out back in the 90's. Would've been the perfect release after "Murder Was The Case" since "U Better Recognize" was a hit.

Hopefully the quality can be salvaged by someone that can make it consistent. Obviously WideAwake won't be able to do it, maybe Efrain?

I think Efrain will be able to do it. Hopefully he has the time.

Quadruple OG

« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2011, 06:34:16 AM »
Hopefully the quality can be salvaged by someone that can make it consistent. Obviously WideAwake won't be able to do it, maybe Efrain?

I think Efrain will be able to do it. Hopefully he has the time.

Hopefully.

Kinda funny that "The Heist" has Drauma on it given that Sneed kept referencing that track during his album promo media tour and said every time J-Flexx was on there.

D-TalkX

« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2011, 06:36:02 AM »
My bad!!!!

How do we hear this?

sms130

• 'G'
« Reply #18 on: September 08, 2011, 07:16:02 AM »
I like this album. It's a shame that Death Row never got to release this album. It's tight! I guess whoever leaked it heard what I was saying about the 2 back-to-back album releases by Jewell on Death Row/WIDEawake/Best Hand. I said that the idea is a good one and I wish that WIDEawake/Death Row would have did it for the Sam Snead project early this year. It would have fit perfect for him.

Quadruple OG

« Reply #19 on: September 08, 2011, 08:59:43 AM »
I like this album. It's a shame that Death Row never got to release this album. It's tight! I guess whoever leaked it heard what I was saying about the 2 back-to-back album releases by Jewell on Death Row/WIDEawake/Best Hand. I said that the idea is a good one and I wish that WIDEawake/Death Row would have did it for the Sam Snead project early this year. It would have fit perfect for him.

I'm sure WA is going to somehow fuck up the Jewell release. Black Diamond is a completed album, yet they are probably going to throw in random tracks that have already been released.

Ashtrey

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #20 on: September 08, 2011, 09:34:18 AM »
wonder how it sounds, didnt feel the "new" release at all
« Last Edit: September 08, 2011, 09:36:04 AM by Ashtrey »

sms130

• 'G'
« Reply #21 on: September 08, 2011, 09:57:05 AM »
I'm sure WA is going to somehow fuck up the Jewell release. Black Diamond is a completed album, yet they are probably going to throw in random tracks that have already been released.
I sure hope that won't be the case with that release. I know she has some heat in the vault. Sam Snead had some heat. Sam's album is ahead of it's time, in my opinion. It's a dope album that I wish was released. It's Sam's Chronic album with a twist to it. If it was released around 1995/96, it would have been a good set-up for what Dre was working on for what would have been his next album on Death Row: "The Chronic II".

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #22 on: September 08, 2011, 10:12:44 AM »
where is the other topic??

I deleted because it was a hook-up thread. Last time Tanner hooked up those Sam Sneed snippets Nima got contacted by WideAwake.
i understand, i know they're also muting youtube audio.

I sure hope that won't be the case with that release. I know she has some heat in the vault. Sam Snead had some heat. Sam's album is ahead of it's time, in my opinion. It's a dope album that I wish was released. It's Sam's Chronic album with a twist to it. If it was released around 1995/96, it would have been a good set-up for what Dre was working on for what would have been his next album on Death Row: "The Chronic II".
what do you know about that project?

snoop

« Reply #23 on: September 08, 2011, 11:05:46 AM »
anybody else hear elements of natural born killaz on the heist track?

Quadruple OG

« Reply #24 on: September 08, 2011, 11:27:53 AM »

It was featured more prominently in the video

Okka

« Reply #25 on: September 08, 2011, 11:27:59 AM »
Don't ask for links in this thread people.

Yeah.

Quadruple OG

« Reply #26 on: September 08, 2011, 11:29:05 AM »
wonder how it sounds, didnt feel the "new" release at all

I actually prefer the released version of "Goin' Hollywood" than the OG one.

Okka

« Reply #27 on: September 08, 2011, 11:58:03 AM »
Damn, these songs are so dope. I just wish they were all in CDQ. "Ghetto Hero" has a same soundin' sample/sound that was used in MC Eiht's "Hood Took Me Under". "Street Scholars" has the same chorus as J.Flexx's and Dr. Dre's "Street Scholars". I hope we can hear that one in CDQ too in the future. Death Row Records should have really released this album back in 1994/1995.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2011, 12:11:53 PM by Okka »

Digital Pimpin'

« Reply #28 on: September 08, 2011, 12:06:42 PM »
Ghetto Hero is a good track.

I'm So Hot is clearly unfinished, but you can tell Dr. Dre was supposed to be featuring on it.

Shame they're not in CDQ.

V2DHeart

« Reply #29 on: September 08, 2011, 12:35:56 PM »
Should have been released with a bonus disc of his newer songs if he wanted to give out something fresh
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/JWTNFUWa1PM" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/JWTNFUWa1PM</a> <a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/eE_ov9cPKxE" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/eE_ov9cPKxE</a><a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/53dftjKPTvU" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/53dftjKPTvU</a>