Author Topic: Sam Sneed - Street Scholars (Original Album) (Discussion Thread)  (Read 6580 times)

bad-n-fluenz supporter of the dangerous crew movement

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Sam Sneed - Street Scholars (Original Album) (Discussion Thread)
« Reply #45 on: September 08, 2011, 09:30:34 PM »
lol its kinda funny that they would get their panties in a bunch over a link to the album in this thread when everyone is DLing it and discussing it here like it ain't no thang.

i agree!!

Nooc210

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Planets
« Reply #46 on: September 08, 2011, 11:19:12 PM »
finally getting my chance to throughly peep it, i was lucky enough to catch that og thread/*link*, ;D
ish is DOPE! sam sneed is a classic hip-hop producer & this original album is the proof.

8)

#GHETTO HERO
« Last Edit: September 09, 2011, 12:27:01 AM by Nooc210 »
The Chonic • 2001 • Compton •
http://www.drdre.com

TROLLIN ON WAX

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #47 on: September 09, 2011, 12:05:28 AM »
CAN ANYONE ATLEAST TELL US WHAT TO SEARCH FOR IN ORDER TO FIND THIS ALBUM? TECHNICALLY IT'S NOT AN OFFICIAL RELEASE AND PROVIDING A SEARCH TERM ISN'T THE SAME AS PROVIDING A LINK.  8)

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #48 on: September 09, 2011, 04:43:01 AM »
Chronic II was going to be on Death Row, when Dre left and went to Aftermath the album was supposed to be called Papa's got a brand new funk

Nah, it was gonna be called The Chronic II: Papa's Got A Brand New Funk.
yeah i think you're wrong Higheyecue ;)

lol its kinda funny that they would get their panties in a bunch over a link to the album in this thread when everyone is DLing it and discussing it here like it ain't no thang.

i agree!!
true :laugh:

procrastiNate

« Reply #49 on: September 09, 2011, 09:15:47 AM »
This shit is fucking flames. WIDEawake needs to release these tracks immediately.

The Predator

« Reply #50 on: September 09, 2011, 09:50:11 AM »
'Heist' notice the 'Once Upon A Time America' sample when De-Niro deals with that horny slapper over the desk ''YOU DIRTY BASTARD!''.

They could thrown of this on the 'Heat' movie soundtrack which also came out in 1995.

sms130

• 'G'
« Reply #51 on: September 09, 2011, 11:06:02 AM »
Where did you read that? Definitely sounds like Dr. Dre.
Hey, I could be wrong. I actually remember seeing this posted online some where on a forum some years ago because somebody was trying to find out more info regarding J. Flexx's album that was recorded while on Death Row and some people was wondering like "why would J. Flexx use a track featuring Dr. Dre on it when he was just dissin' him on "Who's Been There, Done That?" song?" and things like that. I find that to be weird, especially if that J. Flexx's "Street Scholar" song was considered for his album since Dre was no longer apart of Death Row. Unless that was the original idea or concept that recorded for Sam Snead. As far as The Chronic II, you can see it planned to be released sometime in 1996 because it was included in "Death Row's Upcoming Releases" in 2Pac's All Eyez On Me album booklet along with the credits.

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #52 on: September 09, 2011, 11:08:15 AM »
"Street Scholars" has Dr. Dre on it and the nigga even says so on tha song smh.  It was also supposed to be apart of "The Chronic II...".  I guess nobody has the full song anymore but it's definitely Dre.  Tha shit was recorded in 95' anyway, not 96'. 

sms130

• 'G'
« Reply #53 on: September 09, 2011, 11:16:55 AM »
"Street Scholars" has Dr. Dre on it and the nigga even says so on tha song smh.  It was also supposed to be apart of "The Chronic II...".  I guess nobody has the full song anymore but it's definitely Dre.  Tha shit was recorded in 95' anyway, not 96'. 
Oh, OK. I haven't heard that version in so long I'm about to pull that shit up. I wasn't sure when it was recorded. It makes more sense now. Thanx for that one.

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #54 on: September 09, 2011, 11:25:46 AM »
Oh, OK. I haven't heard that version in so long I'm about to pull that shit up. I wasn't sure when it was recorded. It makes more sense now. Thanx for that one.

lol i'm sittin here like all of these Dre fans don't know what Dre sounds like all of a sudden haha.  that nigga needs to release more material then asap [*seriously though he does*].

rs1000

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #55 on: September 09, 2011, 01:38:36 PM »
Been looking on the web and can not see this any where did it really leak?

Funkstradamus

« Reply #56 on: September 09, 2011, 02:08:07 PM »
Been looking on the web and can not see this any where did it really leak?
of course it did...do you really think we would all sit up here for 3 pages all reviewing music we never heard?  Links had to come down tho...

sms130

• 'G'
« Reply #57 on: September 09, 2011, 05:40:42 PM »
lol i'm sittin here like all of these Dre fans don't know what Dre sounds like all of a sudden haha.  that nigga needs to release more material then asap [*seriously though he does*].
LOL! You know what, I guess it was the quality of the original MP3 of that song. I gotta say, I put my foot in my mouth on this one. That's Dr. Dre on there, that had to be done sometime in 1995. That intro was chopped on there. That came from the Murder Was The Case soundtrack, that was the intro to Jewell's Harvest of The World song. So, it's safe to say that Dr. Dre and Chris "The Glove" produced that one.

scratch42069

• 'G'
« Reply #58 on: September 09, 2011, 09:42:23 PM »
Can anyone drop some knowledge for me? Was "Guilty As Sin" and "Let The Madness Begin" meant for the Street Scholars album?

sms130

• 'G'
« Reply #59 on: September 10, 2011, 12:27:57 AM »
If I can recall, Guilty As Sin was intended for Sam's "Street Scholar" album.