Author Topic: Sam Sneed - Street Scholars (Original Album) (Discussion Thread)  (Read 6588 times)

sofdark

Re: Sam Sneed - Street Scholars (Original Album) (Discussion Thread)
« Reply #60 on: September 10, 2011, 02:05:25 AM »
Can anyone drop some knowledge for me? Was "Guilty As Sin" and "Let The Madness Begin" meant for the Street Scholars album?

I always wanted to have hands on Let The Madness Begin instrumental. Shit still sounds good.

Will_B

« Reply #61 on: September 10, 2011, 07:55:29 AM »
Had songs like Guilty as Sin leaked before the Dre bootleg dropped way back? Shame most of those songs are blended + EQ'd a bit for that compilation.

Okka

« Reply #62 on: September 11, 2011, 09:01:29 AM »
"Street Scholars" has Dr. Dre on it and the nigga even says so on tha song smh.  It was also supposed to be apart of "The Chronic II...".  I guess nobody has the full song anymore but it's definitely Dre.  Tha shit was recorded in 95' anyway, not 96'.

Dr. Dre's only on the hook. I really doubt it was goin' to be on "The Chronic II".

skriLL

« Reply #63 on: September 11, 2011, 12:40:30 PM »
this sounds dope! even if the quality is not CDQ!
but why isn't "Lyrical Assassin" (the track with the same beat as j-flexx/dr.dre's Street Scholars song) on this?

J-FUNKTION

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #64 on: September 11, 2011, 02:28:41 PM »
did someone reach that efrain dude?

Eric - Dubcnn.com

« Reply #65 on: September 12, 2011, 11:24:45 AM »
"Street Scholars" has Dr. Dre on it and the nigga even says so on tha song smh.  It was also supposed to be apart of "The Chronic II...".  I guess nobody has the full song anymore but it's definitely Dre.  Tha shit was recorded in 95' anyway, not 96'.

Dr. Dre's only on the hook. I really doubt it was goin' to be on "The Chronic II".

I talked to Chris "The Glove" Taylor last night, we had a long discussion about Dr. Dre, Aftermath, and Death Row. He told me it was meant for J-Flexx's album.

Okka

« Reply #66 on: September 12, 2011, 11:31:55 AM »

I talked to Chris "The Glove" Taylor last night, we had a long discussion about Dr. Dre, Aftermath, and Death Row. He told me it was meant for J-Flexx's album.

Nice. You gonna be postin' a new interview with him soon?

Eric - Dubcnn.com

« Reply #67 on: September 12, 2011, 11:35:00 AM »

It was just a casual convo, I usually don't record anything until it's time to interview. However, I'm more than open for questions if you guys would like me to interview him.

Fritz

« Reply #68 on: September 12, 2011, 11:59:57 AM »
Shame his album didn't come out (proper), it's a solid 4 mic+ album, with some potential classics on it  like The Heist, Lady heroin

Quadruple OG

« Reply #69 on: September 12, 2011, 05:34:59 PM »

It was just a casual convo, I usually don't record anything until it's time to interview. However, I'm more than open for questions if you guys would like me to interview him.

Did you talk about this leaking?

Eric - Dubcnn.com

« Reply #70 on: September 12, 2011, 05:51:56 PM »

Did you talk about this leaking?

Nah, but we discussed Sneed a tad bit. I'll post a question thread now. Going to be working with him and Young Pistol.

soopa-man

« Reply #71 on: September 13, 2011, 03:51:45 PM »
damn this takes me back...the sound the era, the west, the beats the over all feel...shit is just knocking...wish we would  have got this this album before "All Eyez On Me" it would have been real dope after "Dogg Food", and after "All Eyez On Me", a Nate Dogg album...Death Row would have been something else altogether they really let the ball drop with the label there w ere super stars there man, some real dope producers hope Sneed gets his foot back in the door even if its just releasing his old shit! Dude had heat!

jory

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #72 on: September 14, 2011, 12:35:12 PM »
i take it track 14 that is mising is lyrical assassin

MarshColin

« Reply #73 on: September 16, 2011, 05:41:33 PM »

That makes sense to me. "J-Flexx the street scholar" is a line in the chorus so I wouldn't guess it was anybody else's song. So whose song came first though, Sam's or Flexx's?

shmosh

« Reply #74 on: September 16, 2011, 06:55:53 PM »
Sam's came first, then J. Flexx used the beat cos it was in the vault and not being released at the time.