Poll

whatdoyasay?

punkass sellout
18 (40%)
money motivates, handle biz
27 (60%)

Total Members Voted: 38

Author Topic: Snoop Making Gay Songs with Boy Bands & Shit...Respect the Hustle or Sellout?  (Read 3791 times)

3rd Coast

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Showin naked ass in the great state of Texas
Re: Snoop Making Gay Songs with Boy Bands & Shit...Respect the Hustle or Sellout?
« Reply #135 on: September 16, 2011, 03:54:34 PM »
snoop went to nl because one thing...master p was the only person out of all the labels at the time..that wasnt scared to go deal with suge...

he got snoop out his deal... and changed all of snoops work.. dropped doggy dogg...the publishing ...etc...

suge thought he was finna get a dr dre eazy e deal...n he could eat off em..

suge couldnt eat off shit of snoop ...cept the stuff he had in the vault..thats why he tried to release those albums..kuz once p signed the papers n got snoop to new orleans...suge got fucked..

I'm pretty sure Suge Knight was still getting paid off of Snoop's No Limit material.

i doubt it... p knew how to get his and cut the side action out.... mystikal wasnt eatin right with jive..so he signed mystikal while he still was at jive...and both of em ate good...jive hardly got anything til the tank collapsed..

and soon as he signed snoop..what he do...dropped doggy and changed alot of stuff up...

why snoop let his nuts hang about snoop..and knowin suge he would been on some that punk nigga still pays me shit..

why he went signed alot of clone rappers..and dissed nl with fake snoops and pac..

if it was all find and dandy why diss no limit and snoop when u eatin...no logic what so ever..in that

Sccit

Re: Snoop Making Gay Songs with Boy Bands & Shit...Respect the Hustle or Sellout?
« Reply #136 on: September 16, 2011, 04:24:27 PM »
Sales might not determine what is good but they are a pretty good measuring stick of what is a hit.

So you think INAD was a bigger hit and more popular than G Thang or What's My Name or Forgot About Dre?

That's industry talk clouding your brain.

FACT: It's a bigger hit in 2011 than Dre's other singles were in the years they were released (with the exception of G Thang). If not sales or radio spins what the fuck do you want to judge it by? Your ranking of the favorite songs from your childhood is not a measure of how popular songs were.

when u continuously choose to ignore the fact that single sales have sky-rocketed since the introduction of itune singles for 99 cents and u continuously dodge that fact in every single one of ur posts, it just goes to show what a fucking moron u are. thats the end of it.

You're the one ignoring my posts. I've told you repeatedly that the billboard tracks sales AND radio spins.

Fact: Still Dre only reached position 95 on the hot 100. INAD reached number 4. That means its HUGELY more successful compared to other songs. You keep talking about iTune sales, but do you see me quoting digital sales? No, the billboard position shows a song's success RELATIVE to other popular songs. Meaning Still Dre was in 93rd place behind 93 other songs. And INAD was in 4th behind 3 other songs. Only an idiot could still be denying what's right in front of you.

The people who disagree are still talking about the quality of the song and how it will never be a part of Dre's legacy. That's proof enough that your bias towards not liking the song is blinding you to fact. I guarantee you if you loved the song, you wouldn't be disagreeing.

back when "Still DRE" came out, pop radio wasnt playing hip-hop, only hip-hop stations would give rap songs spins...nowadays, rap songs can be heard on pretty much every station. so not only did single sales change in recent years, so has radio as we know it...i'm not surprised that it got more radio play, because pop stations like KISS FM play Eminem nowadays...still, in terms of overall popularity, "I Need a Doctor" is not even coming close...as far as the UK single charts, "Still DRE" peaked higher than "I Need a Doctor". In the end, "I Need a Doctor" is one of Dre's less recognizable singles to date. only an idiot wouldnt understand why and keep bringing up the chart positions, even after it has been explained to them that times have changed the name of the game.

Quadruple OG

« Reply #137 on: September 16, 2011, 04:31:50 PM »
Reality Check, you're just a fucking idiot, man lmao. Like seriously dumb.

I'll delete my account if you can post show anyone who posted here saying "I Need A Doctor is a better song than G Thang". You're putting words in our mouth to fight your argument because you're wrong. Nobody said anything relatively close to that. It sold more, that's all. It's a fact. Cannot be argued. End of discussion.

Stevie Wonder, did you not see where I admitted it was his most successful single financially?

Since the trolls take things literally word for word, yes because "I Need a Doctor" sold 2 million+ copies & that makes it Dre's most successful single financially.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2011, 04:43:44 PM by Reality Check »

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #138 on: September 16, 2011, 05:00:26 PM »
I did. I also saw where you made this crazy inference that we all think because of the clear better sales, we think it's a better song.

Look at it like this, if I asked you, "What's the biggest hit in the history of music?". A logical person would look up the highest selling, most played single of all-time, not just pick their favorite. So why are we changing the criteria when bringing it to an individual artist?

& why are you insistant on calling anybody who sees this very reasonably understandable logic as "trolls"? We're just not personally offended by understanding Dre's worst single was his best selling, belittling his older classics.

LAC/EASTSIDE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • BORN AND RAISED IN THE SC to BG
« Reply #139 on: September 16, 2011, 05:03:25 PM »
This topic can be a bit confusing to many. If you go by numbers, I guess you can say INAD is the best selling record Dre ever had but I can almost guarantee that in 10 years, NOBODY will give a flying fuck about the song. We are not even sure if that's even going to make DETOX. I guess it just depends on what someone would consider a hit. The industry has obviously changed with time. Itunes etc are playing a big part now a days in sales with singles. As weird as this may sound, the biggest hits to me will always be "Nothing but a G thang", "Still DRE" "Next Episode" "Fuck Wit Dre Day", all of the old school shit, regardless of sales. Those tracks are CLASSIC! There is nothing classic about INAD. If you udnerstand the industry NOW, you will understand why INAD was the best selling. His biggest hits are the classics!
"Ask me why I'm high and my reply, till the day I die. Don't want to picture this cold world with sober eyes"

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #140 on: September 16, 2011, 05:46:26 PM »
Sales might not determine what is good but they are a pretty good measuring stick of what is a hit.

So you think INAD was a bigger hit and more popular than G Thang or What's My Name or Forgot About Dre?

That's industry talk clouding your brain.

FACT: It's a bigger hit in 2011 than Dre's other singles were in the years they were released (with the exception of G Thang). If not sales or radio spins what the fuck do you want to judge it by? Your ranking of the favorite songs from your childhood is not a measure of how popular songs were.

when u continuously choose to ignore the fact that single sales have sky-rocketed since the introduction of itune singles for 99 cents and u continuously dodge that fact in every single one of ur posts, it just goes to show what a fucking moron u are. thats the end of it.

You're the one ignoring my posts. I've told you repeatedly that the billboard tracks sales AND radio spins.

Fact: Still Dre only reached position 95 on the hot 100. INAD reached number 4. That means its HUGELY more successful compared to other songs. You keep talking about iTune sales, but do you see me quoting digital sales? No, the billboard position shows a song's success RELATIVE to other popular songs. Meaning Still Dre was in 93rd place behind 93 other songs. And INAD was in 4th behind 3 other songs. Only an idiot could still be denying what's right in front of you.

The people who disagree are still talking about the quality of the song and how it will never be a part of Dre's legacy. That's proof enough that your bias towards not liking the song is blinding you to fact. I guarantee you if you loved the song, you wouldn't be disagreeing.

back when "Still DRE" came out, pop radio wasnt playing hip-hop, only hip-hop stations would give rap songs spins...nowadays, rap songs can be heard on pretty much every station. so not only did single sales change in recent years, so has radio as we know it...i'm not surprised that it got more radio play, because pop stations like KISS FM play Eminem nowadays...still, in terms of overall popularity, "I Need a Doctor" is not even coming close...as far as the UK single charts, "Still DRE" peaked higher than "I Need a Doctor". In the end, "I Need a Doctor" is one of Dre's less recognizable singles to date. only an idiot wouldnt understand why and keep bringing up the chart positions, even after it has been explained to them that times have changed the name of the game.

This post shows why you truly are a blind idiot. Now you're just arguing for the sake of not being able to admit you were wrong. Seriously the UK charts is your evidence?

Darkwing Duck (The Reincarnation)

« Reply #141 on: September 16, 2011, 05:50:10 PM »
very gay thread

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #142 on: September 16, 2011, 06:44:51 PM »
In my opinion a hit is not just defined by clear cut sales but also by its presence. Like, I don't know about the US, but I can easily have a very very active life without EVER coming across INAD now. However, back in the day the Backstreet Boys were huge in Europe, and you'd come across "Get Down" wherever the fuck you went. I can name countless other pop songs like that. See, even if you totally dislike Katie Perry, you can still name a bunch of songs of hers and if you're honest you can probably sing along some of them. Same thing with hiphop hits like Still Dre, In Da Club, Stan, Next Episode, It's like that, Ice Ice Baby, Ms Jackson, Can't touch this, I Got 5 on it, Gravel Pit... anybody (including rap-haters) still instantly recognizes the songs when they get played (and they still get played) and you couldn't have a life without coming across them when they were new. I don't even know how much they sold and I don't even care how good they are, I'm just saying they were very present and you couldn't avoid them (for better or for worse). Now, I can EASILY avoid I Need A Doctor if I want to. It's not on par with those songs at all, not even remotely close. I asked my 9 year old nephew if he has heard of it and he didn't. He can still sing along "Give Me Everything" by Pitbull & Ne-Yo and he doesn't understand a word of it. By the way, wasn't Crack A Bottle pretty big on digital sales? Anybody still playing it? No? Guessed so. By the way, being sold is not the only purpose of commercial music. Being known in the game and being talked about is a much bigger issue... I'm sure the likes of Rihanna can give a fuck less about some cash flow for a week due to digital sales when noone ever plays, talks about or checks for her shit. A huge hit is something that gets so big that even people who despise the artist and the song know the words.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2011, 06:47:53 PM by 7even »
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #143 on: September 16, 2011, 07:46:09 PM »
In my opinion a hit is not just defined by clear cut sales but also by its presence. Like, I don't know about the US, but I can easily have a very very active life without EVER coming across INAD now. However, back in the day the Backstreet Boys were huge in Europe, and you'd come across "Get Down" wherever the fuck you went. I can name countless other pop songs like that. See, even if you totally dislike Katie Perry, you can still name a bunch of songs of hers and if you're honest you can probably sing along some of them. Same thing with hiphop hits like Still Dre, In Da Club, Stan, Next Episode, It's like that, Ice Ice Baby, Ms Jackson, Can't touch this, I Got 5 on it, Gravel Pit... anybody (including rap-haters) still instantly recognizes the songs when they get played (and they still get played) and you couldn't have a life without coming across them when they were new. I don't even know how much they sold and I don't even care how good they are, I'm just saying they were very present and you couldn't avoid them (for better or for worse). Now, I can EASILY avoid I Need A Doctor if I want to. It's not on par with those songs at all, not even remotely close. I asked my 9 year old nephew if he has heard of it and he didn't. He can still sing along "Give Me Everything" by Pitbull & Ne-Yo and he doesn't understand a word of it. By the way, wasn't Crack A Bottle pretty big on digital sales? Anybody still playing it? No? Guessed so. By the way, being sold is not the only purpose of commercial music. Being known in the game and being talked about is a much bigger issue... I'm sure the likes of Rihanna can give a fuck less about some cash flow for a week due to digital sales when noone ever plays, talks about or checks for her shit. A huge hit is something that gets so big that even people who despise the artist and the song know the words.

Are you seriously comparing Still Dre to songs like Ice Ice Baby and Can't Touch This? Still Dre was a minor hit. The other two are pop smashes that far exceeded it. There is a huge discrepancy in the popularity of the those songs. Everyone and their mother would know Ice Ice Baby. Only rap fans during 1999 will know Still Dre. It's only popular amongst Dre's hardcore fanbase. I don't know about Europe, but INAD is a hit in the U.S. The problem is you are all looking at this from the perspective of 20 somethings who were kids when that album came out. What you think of as a hit are the most memorable songs from your childhood. Any modern songs are not going to strike to same vibe with you. Also for the record, Gravel Pit was not much of a hit here either.

Sccit

« Reply #144 on: September 16, 2011, 07:59:10 PM »

these guys arguing against this are simply retarded. how can u not get it? seriously. nobody bought "still dre" or "next episode" single, cuz most of the people who loved those tracks went out and bought "2001"......"I Need a Doctor" doesn't even have an album, so if u wanna buy it, ur forced to get the single. Still, it's obviously nowhere near as a recognizable as his huge hits that made him, at one point, the biggest name in hip-hop. Mind-bogglin how some of these hoes are actually sittin here tryna claim otherwise due to digital sales, which didn't even exist when Dre was in his prime. smh, fuck u faggots.

K-MACC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #145 on: September 16, 2011, 08:24:42 PM »
i need a doctor came and left  :-X that shit aint playing nowhere except in some 45 year old fags ride, thats the last time i heard that track.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #146 on: September 16, 2011, 08:32:39 PM »
NIK your credibility in this thread has been revoked. Stupid ass arguing against sales and radio spins.

Sccit

« Reply #147 on: September 16, 2011, 09:22:20 PM »
NIK your credibility in this thread has been revoked. Stupid ass arguing against sales and radio spins.

lol, speakin of credibility, when cham is the only one siding with u, u know u lost.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #148 on: September 16, 2011, 09:31:31 PM »

lol, speakin of credibility, when cham is the only one siding with u, u know u lost.

Jimmy agrees as well. Nigga, we're talking about Dre. The golden child of this forum. OBVIOUSLY people here are going to side with you. It's just statistically, you're side is wrong.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #149 on: September 16, 2011, 11:52:02 PM »

Only two people have disagreed with me. You and Jrome, who also believes Jay-Z is in the illuminati and aliens are taking over the earth. You're still going on because you can't stand being wrong. And Jrome refuses to believe anything he can claim is a conspiracy.