Poll

whatdoyasay?

punkass sellout
18 (40%)
money motivates, handle biz
27 (60%)

Total Members Voted: 38

Author Topic: Snoop Making Gay Songs with Boy Bands & Shit...Respect the Hustle or Sellout?  (Read 3775 times)

MistaNova

Re: Snoop Making Gay Songs with Boy Bands & Shit...Respect the Hustle or Sellout?
« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2011, 04:51:57 AM »
If you don't like a Snoop track then that track isn't for you, just switch to a Snoop you do like instead....

Snoop doesn't care about the kind of music stuck-in-the-90's heads want to hear. He just keeps his name out there and collaborates with all sorts of different artists, it's just a matter of if those artists are a hit or miss to you. Keeping his name a household brand is how he's more successful than any other 90's rapper this forum drools over.

PhunkyDoob

• Muthafuckin' OG
Re: Snoop Making Gay Songs with Boy Bands & Shit...Respect the Hustle or Sellout?
« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2011, 04:59:02 AM »
I remember back in '93 Snoop refused to do a song with Michael Jackson for his History project while Biggie and others did, so he did sell out later on ;)

WTF you serious? I've never heard about this. Got any more info or a link?

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #17 on: September 13, 2011, 07:41:54 AM »
I don't think he sold out.  He's been doing this kind of music for a while now.  He's past him prime and is branching out to keep his name out there.

AKA selling out.

www.ClintDogg.com

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Kokane & Clint Dogg - International Gangxtas
« Reply #18 on: September 13, 2011, 07:52:57 AM »
Money Talks. And all different languages too.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/7a4OUxIdVh4" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/7a4OUxIdVh4</a> <a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/cHR2KmQgruQ" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/cHR2KmQgruQ</a> <a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/xKTGgMpff_I" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/xKTGgMpff_I</a>
All my songs with Kokane, Ms. Toi, Mac Shawn100, Top Dogg etc on iTunes. & Amazon.
Kokane & Clint Dogg - International Gangxtas, coming soon!...

Darkwing Duck (The Reincarnation)

« Reply #19 on: September 13, 2011, 08:28:26 AM »
usd to always defend Snoop, but after i read the Nima-interview, when he tried to degrade the stuff Eminem did ("i dont listen to Eminem-records, i make gangsta shit"),, i laughed

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #20 on: September 13, 2011, 09:01:57 AM »
Snoop has never had the principle of being strictly hardcore gangsta rap.

lol, so in the 90's you saw this coming? Snoop was doing gangsta rap for over a decade & when gangsta rap wasn't cool anymore he switched his style. He sold out.

Did I see him making a song with Katy Perry? Neither Katy Perry nor her type of music was around in the 90s. But homie had videos of himself where he turned into dogs. You really surprised 19 years later he's rapping with gummy bears?

KrazySumwhat

« Reply #21 on: September 13, 2011, 10:26:54 AM »
 ^ you have a point "whats my name" wasnt exactly hardcore or underground. And the video was kinda Corney.

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #22 on: September 13, 2011, 10:34:32 AM »
This thread comes like that's the first "sellout-song" he did.

kemizt

wcsoldier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • 12/20/09 - Welcome to the little Anna
« Reply #23 on: September 13, 2011, 10:43:49 AM »
Snoop is the definition of "selling out" , he's doing songs with whoever is hot at the moment for 7-8+ years ... I can't think of one platinum rapper who never sold out at least once in his career though ... DMX maybe

Westcoastfanatic

« Reply #24 on: September 13, 2011, 10:48:42 AM »
Snoops one of the biggest sell-outs in hip hop to me. Always says yes to the corniest popstars who wanna work with him. He's a good example of what Dre used to call an "industry hoe".
IS DETOX NEXT? Don't think so.

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #25 on: September 13, 2011, 10:53:14 AM »
DMX maybe

I can't remember one pop song where DMX appeared, no.

kemizt

swe iz active

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #26 on: September 13, 2011, 10:55:43 AM »
He's just making money, its no wrong in that right?....I Love snoop dogg ofc its sad when he is making songs with boy bands, katy perry, david guetta and so on....but i understand him tho, D O G all dayyy... 8) 8) 8)

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #27 on: September 13, 2011, 11:02:36 AM »
I love how some stans are reacting. Lil' Wayne is "the worst thing to happen in Hip Hop history". But Snoop is "hustlin'", so it's okay.

Like you can say Wayne is ass, but Snoop is easily the worst rapper in the game right now outside of like Waka & Gucci.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #28 on: September 13, 2011, 11:23:06 AM »
I love how some stans are reacting. Lil' Wayne is "the worst thing to happen in Hip Hop history". But Snoop is "hustlin'", so it's okay.

Like you can say Wayne is ass, but Snoop is easily the worst rapper in the game right now outside of like Waka & Gucci.

No one said the shit is dope. But its not selling out. Making wack music does not equal selling out.

wcsoldier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • 12/20/09 - Welcome to the little Anna
« Reply #29 on: September 13, 2011, 11:29:14 AM »
one of the differences is the voice/flow  ... it's not like Snoop is on the top of his game but his last album has smooth tracks here and there ... Wayne voice is just unbearable for a lot of people , only Young Jeezy might be worse