Poll

whatdoyasay?

punkass sellout
18 (40%)
money motivates, handle biz
27 (60%)

Total Members Voted: 38

Author Topic: Snoop Making Gay Songs with Boy Bands & Shit...Respect the Hustle or Sellout?  (Read 3716 times)

Sccit

Re: Snoop Making Gay Songs with Boy Bands & Shit...Respect the Hustle or Sellout?
« Reply #30 on: September 13, 2011, 12:26:41 PM »
I remember back in '93 Snoop refused to do a song with Michael Jackson for his History project while Biggie and others did, so he did sell out later on ;)

now thats just stupid...u dont refuse a chance to work with an artist of MJ's caliber. dumbass ish.

Sccit

Re: Snoop Making Gay Songs with Boy Bands & Shit...Respect the Hustle or Sellout?
« Reply #31 on: September 13, 2011, 12:28:16 PM »
usd to always defend Snoop, but after i read the Nima-interview, when he tried to degrade the stuff Eminem did ("i dont listen to Eminem-records, i make gangsta shit"),, i laughed

post that part of the interview...never got around 2 reading it.

Sccit

« Reply #32 on: September 13, 2011, 12:29:37 PM »
This thread comes like that's the first "sellout-song" he did.

this is one of the gayest...i mean, it's a fuckin nsync style boy-band, if not gayer. if he made songs with backstreet boys in the late 90s, peeps would be callin for his head....this just goes to show how times have changed.

Sccit

« Reply #33 on: September 13, 2011, 12:30:34 PM »
Snoop is the definition of "selling out" , he's doing songs with whoever is hot at the moment for 7-8+ years ... I can't think of one platinum rapper who never sold out at least once in his career though ... DMX maybe

2Pac...do u think 2Pac would be doing songs with Katy Perry and gay boy bands if he were still around? I dont.

Sccit

« Reply #34 on: September 13, 2011, 12:32:40 PM »
I love how some stans are reacting. Lil' Wayne is "the worst thing to happen in Hip Hop history". But Snoop is "hustlin'", so it's okay.

Like you can say Wayne is ass, but Snoop is easily the worst rapper in the game right now outside of like Waka & Gucci.

lil wayne is gay cuz his whole steez is gay...meaning, everything he does is homo. even the solo shit he makes is whack ass pop shit. snoop at least still has the real shit to fall back on, along with the pop hits.

J-FUNKTION

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #35 on: September 13, 2011, 01:45:25 PM »
Snoop is the definition of "selling out" , he's doing songs with whoever is hot at the moment for 7-8+ years ... I can't think of one platinum rapper who never sold out at least once in his career though ... DMX maybe

2Pac...do u think 2Pac would be doing songs with Katy Perry and gay boy bands if he were still around? I dont.

i guarantee you he would.....pac would go where the moneys at...women and youngstas...

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #36 on: September 13, 2011, 01:50:16 PM »
Pac was already making songs with R&B singers and some of his music was oriented towards women. Katie Perry isn't that much of a stretch.

Sccit

« Reply #37 on: September 13, 2011, 01:53:04 PM »
Pac was already making songs with R&B singers and some of his music was oriented towards women. Katie Perry isn't that much of a stretch.

K-ci & JoJo was real...lol@comparing them to Katy Perry smh

Quadruple OG

« Reply #38 on: September 13, 2011, 01:54:03 PM »
I remember back in '93 Snoop refused to do a song with Michael Jackson for his History project while Biggie and others did, so he did sell out later on ;)

Really? Damn.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #39 on: September 13, 2011, 02:30:40 PM »

lol there we go again with this word real that pretty much means "something Nik thinks is cool because they worked with one of my favorite rappers during the 90s". They are singers who make love songs. So does Faith Evans, Danny Boy, Michel'le. Val Young? She was dance pop. Pac made songs with all these singers. It's very believable that he would be working with today's pop singers as well. Katy Perry started out as a gospel singer so its not like she can't sing.

K-MACC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #40 on: September 13, 2011, 02:55:29 PM »
madonna

Darkwing Duck (The Reincarnation)

« Reply #41 on: September 13, 2011, 03:00:33 PM »
Snoop would make the white nigger Will Smith blush  :-[

LAC/EASTSIDE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • BORN AND RAISED IN THE SC to BG
« Reply #42 on: September 13, 2011, 03:06:26 PM »
IMO Snoop sold out but he put in his work before. He didn't sell out right away, like say 50 Cent.
"Ask me why I'm high and my reply, till the day I die. Don't want to picture this cold world with sober eyes"

Sccit

« Reply #43 on: September 13, 2011, 03:14:04 PM »

lol there we go again with this word real that pretty much means "something Nik thinks is cool because they worked with one of my favorite rappers during the 90s". They are singers who make love songs. So does Faith Evans, Danny Boy, Michel'le. Val Young? She was dance pop. Pac made songs with all these singers. It's very believable that he would be working with today's pop singers as well. Katy Perry started out as a gospel singer so its not like she can't sing.

you're an idiot, stfu

3rd Coast

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Showin naked ass in the great state of Texas
« Reply #44 on: September 13, 2011, 03:33:55 PM »
nobody said shit when quik was making music with toni tony tone...a band full of boys... :P

dre was in boy band...dre made songs for a boy band..blackstreet...

snoop not a sell out....when this rap shit is done... he got other stuff he can do...u cant rap 4ever...

snoop is nall thu out the galaxy...he cant with this rap shit nomore which is oversaturated...he can eat off that boy band music..

y stay on the same street..when there's freeways and highways that go elsewhere.

pac kept boy band leaders in music once he got to death row...aaron hall( guy) kci n jojo ( jodeci)...devante( jodeci).

u can hang snoop but dont didnt even think about the noose for pac..