Poll

whatdoyasay?

punkass sellout
18 (40%)
money motivates, handle biz
27 (60%)

Total Members Voted: 38

Author Topic: Snoop Making Gay Songs with Boy Bands & Shit...Respect the Hustle or Sellout?  (Read 3786 times)

Smackdog

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Snoop Making Gay Songs with Boy Bands & Shit...Respect the Hustle or Sellout?
« Reply #45 on: September 13, 2011, 03:45:06 PM »
Pac was already making songs with R&B singers and some of his music was oriented towards women. Katie Perry isn't that much of a stretch.

Pac would never do a song with a white girl cause lets face this,  he's
"If you see me on a solo move believe that I'm strapped"  - dr. dre

"as he wondered what popped before he got popped, I told you this is dre and you know it dont stop"
"don't choke,  if you do,  you  have no clue, of what me and my homeboy Snoop dogg came to do"

PLANT

Re: Snoop Making Gay Songs with Boy Bands & Shit...Respect the Hustle or Sellout?
« Reply #46 on: September 13, 2011, 03:46:22 PM »
When youve been in the game for 20 years, I dont think its a big deal to start to branch out and work with new artists.  Sure, its corny when hes making songs with Katy Perry etc, but if he made the same album since day one, he wouldnt be able to get these features hes getting today.  Bottom line, if you dont like the music hes making you dont have to listen to it.  Snoop still the man no matter what he does.  Hes gonna be smoking blunts and chilling the same way he always did in his real life.  He sure changed musically over the years, but Snoop is still Snoop behind the scenes.

3rd Coast

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Showin naked ass in the great state of Texas
« Reply #47 on: September 13, 2011, 03:49:45 PM »
Pac was already making songs with R&B singers and some of his music was oriented towards women. Katie Perry isn't that much of a stretch.

Pac would never do a song with a white girl cause lets face this,  he's

pac and madonna... id rather be your lover...

<a href="http://www.youtube.com//v/gAtuKRpxt4k" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com//v/gAtuKRpxt4k</a>
and he was fucking her...

« Last Edit: September 13, 2011, 03:53:28 PM by 3rd Coast »

Sccit

« Reply #48 on: September 13, 2011, 03:59:13 PM »
nobody said shit when quik was making music with toni tony tone...a band full of boys... :P

dre was in boy band...dre made songs for a boy band..blackstreet...

snoop not a sell out....when this rap shit is done... he got other stuff he can do...u cant rap 4ever...

snoop is nall thu out the galaxy...he cant with this rap shit nomore which is oversaturated...he can eat off that boy band music..

y stay on the same street..when there's freeways and highways that go elsewhere.

pac kept boy band leaders in music once he got to death row...aaron hall( guy) kci n jojo ( jodeci)...devante( jodeci).

u can hang snoop but dont didnt even think about the noose for pac..

those are urban r&b bands...if ur comparing blackstreet to backstreet boys is pretty fuckin dumb, and u know it.

3rd Coast

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #49 on: September 13, 2011, 04:07:58 PM »
nobody said shit when quik was making music with toni tony tone...a band full of boys... :P

dre was in boy band...dre made songs for a boy band..blackstreet...

snoop not a sell out....when this rap shit is done... he got other stuff he can do...u cant rap 4ever...

snoop is nall thu out the galaxy...he cant with this rap shit nomore which is oversaturated...he can eat off that boy band music..

y stay on the same street..when there's freeways and highways that go elsewhere.

pac kept boy band leaders in music once he got to death row...aaron hall( guy) kci n jojo ( jodeci)...devante( jodeci).

u can hang snoop but dont didnt even think about the noose for pac..

those are urban r&b bands...if ur comparing blackstreet to backstreet boys is pretty fuckin dumb, and u know it.

when it comes to pac...its about the genre...

backstreet and blackstreet the same kinda corny ass band...same shit different color..

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #50 on: September 13, 2011, 04:08:31 PM »

K-ci & JoJo was real...lol@comparing them to Katy Perry smh

lol there we go again with this word real that pretty much means "something Nik thinks is cool because they worked with one of my favorite rappers during the 90s". They are singers who make love songs. So does Faith Evans, Danny Boy, Michel'le. Val Young? She was dance pop. Pac made songs with all these singers. It's very believable that he would be working with today's pop singers as well. Katy Perry started out as a gospel singer so its not like she can't sing.

you're an idiot, stfu

says a guy who just lost an argument.

Sccit

« Reply #51 on: September 13, 2011, 04:09:52 PM »
your dumbass compares kci & jojo to backstreet boys...how can i lose?

3rd Coast

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #52 on: September 13, 2011, 04:18:26 PM »

kci n jojo sold out to get to the backstreet boys market....

they aint been the same since their double disc album...

same 4 boyz II men...boy band...

same shit different color..

Sccit

« Reply #53 on: September 13, 2011, 04:21:18 PM »

kci n jojo sold out to get to the backstreet boys market....

they aint been the same since their double disc album...

same 4 boyz II men...boy band...

same shit different color..

lol...k-ci and jojo was an urban r&b band, not a pop teenie bopper boyband. hella rappers did songs with k-ci and jojo...it's not even comparable.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #54 on: September 13, 2011, 04:27:33 PM »

You brought up Backstreet Boys not me. Val Young = dance pop. Madonna = pop. You can't argue what's right in front of you.

LAC/EASTSIDE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • BORN AND RAISED IN THE SC to BG
« Reply #55 on: September 13, 2011, 04:54:51 PM »
When youve been in the game for 20 years, I dont think its a big deal to start to branch out and work with new artists.  Sure, its corny when hes making songs with Katy Perry etc, but if he made the same album since day one, he wouldnt be able to get these features hes getting today.  Bottom line, if you dont like the music hes making you dont have to listen to it.  Snoop still the man no matter what he does.  Hes gonna be smoking blunts and chilling the same way he always did in his real life.  He sure changed musically over the years, but Snoop is still Snoop behind the scenes.

Couldn't have said it any better!
"Ask me why I'm high and my reply, till the day I die. Don't want to picture this cold world with sober eyes"

Sccit

« Reply #56 on: September 13, 2011, 05:01:25 PM »

You brought up Backstreet Boys not me. Val Young = dance pop. Madonna = pop. You can't argue what's right in front of you.

look at the artists snoop has worked with...look at the video i posted. that is nothing comparable to anything pac has ever done. to argue otherwise is dumb, but i expect it from u.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #57 on: September 13, 2011, 05:22:22 PM »

look at the artists snoop has worked with...look at the video i posted. that is nothing comparable to anything pac has ever done. to argue otherwise is dumb, but i expect it from u.

Pac's career lasted 5 years. In that time he worked with pop stars, made love songs, cross-dressed and took pics of himself naked in a bathtub. You're in denial if you don't think he could have worked with Katy Perry. He was already working with Madonna, who Katy Perry models her music after.

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #58 on: September 13, 2011, 05:42:46 PM »
I mean let's keep it real, Snoop sold out when he signed a recording contract before he even made Doggystyle or the Chronic.  After that, he is property of his label and therefore it is them dictating to him what features he does, how his music sounds, what his lyrics say (ie ghostwriters) what his album artwork looks like etc.  I'm not dissing him for that, just stating the situation.

I mean honestly Snoops music (his albums at least) have largely been weak for about 10 years now. Like how yall are appalled by this feature is how I felt the first time I heard "Drop It Like It's Hot".  The song in and of itself was great for what it was, but seeing Snoop do some of the most played out trends at the time - ie Neptunes production (and again, don't get me wrong, Neptunes did some brilliant shit in their prime) and an over the top simplistic / minimalist approach to hip hop beats (like The Whistle Song by Ying Yang, some shit by David Banner and a bunch of other joints coming out of ATL at the time).  For somebody that was actually listening to hip hop when albums like the Chronic and Doggystyle came out, it was kinda lame because that shit was so played out. 

I def think Snoop has the ability to make great music, but his label pigeonholes him.  But since he's under contract, there's not shit he can do about it, and honestly that's the agreement he made when he got into the business.

The truth is that no matter what features he does or what music he makes in the future has no bearing on his classic work.  I'll prolly be bumping that shit randomly till I die lol.  He still seems like the cool dude he always was and seems like he's having fun, and puts on a good live show with his band and shit. 

So I say props to Snoop, play on playa.

Oh and here's Nas' 3rd verse from "Hero" which was his lead single from Untitled.  He's directly speaking on this:

This universal apartheid (meaning Universal studios)
I'm hog-tied, the corporate side
Blocking y'all from going to stores and buying it
First L.A. and Doug Morris was riding wit it
But Newsweek article startled big wigs
They said, Nas, why is he trying it?
My lawyers only see the Billboard charts as winning
Forgetting - Nas the only true rebel since the beginning
Still in musical prison, in jail for the flow
Try telling Bob Dylan, Bruce, or Billy Joel
They can't sing what's in their soul

So untitled it is
I never change nothin'
But people remember this
If Nas can't say it, think about these talented kids
With new ideas being told what they can and can't spit
I can't sit and watch it
So, sh! t, I'ma drop it
Like it or not
You ain't gotta cop it

I'm a hustler in the studio
Cups of Don Julio
No matter what the CD called
I'm unbeatable, y'all

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #59 on: September 13, 2011, 06:19:27 PM »

Yes he can. He tried to argue "I Need A Doctor" isn't Dre's biggest hit, despite the fact it sold the most being in his face lol.