Author Topic: Underrated producers.  (Read 835 times)

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
Re: Underrated producers.
« Reply #30 on: November 16, 2011, 01:30:46 AM »
buckwild
ice cube had alot of production credits in the 90s
t mixx
moe bee
dj pooh
blaqtoven
LES
manny fresh
dj burn one
zaytoven
zo!
bink!

SCREWFACE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #31 on: November 16, 2011, 03:53:03 AM »
A lot of those you just mentioned definitely aren't underrated. I'd say most hip-hop heads would hold alchemist, 9th and Premier in high regard. Premier is seen by many as the greatest of all time so he's given his credit.

A more underrated producer for me would be Rashad Smith, who did some massive tracks for Biggie and Busta amongst many others.

I'd say the Lords of the Underground producer K-Def is always overlooked when people think of 'golden era' rap beats also. He made some classics.

Would Mathematics & Truemaster, two of Wu-Tang's in house producers be counted as 'underrated'? I'd say theyve contributed massively to the Wu's legacy but are rarely mentioned in the same breath as the Clan themselves.

they're held in high regard by some but not all like maybe a dre or timbaland. i list those because they heralded by fans of their work but at times their geniuses are ignored or overlooked. for instance 9th wonder's new album is better than anything dr dre put out recently but because dre get mainstream acceptance some may overlook an album like 9th's.  even though i copped it mainstream might be literally waiting on detox compared to wonder years.

so any producer that isnt at the level of being  a household name is under-rated? get the fuck out of here. dre and tim are the most famous hip hop producers of all time (because they are in the celebrity world, shit even my momma knows who they are)

9th is over-rated if anything, i fuck with his music but damn people talk him up far too much

Lucifuge

« Reply #32 on: November 16, 2011, 04:50:33 AM »
Havoc.
ALESSANDRO DEL PIERO!!!

Detox 2000Never

tyranasaurus rex like fuck a bitch
i once saw a pterdactyl fuck a bitch
eat a bowl these bitch gobbling dick
hoes forgot to eat a dick a shut the fuck up
roll through crenshaw on my pterdactyl like what up!
By kevin t as Kurupt :D

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
« Reply #33 on: November 16, 2011, 02:33:32 PM »
A lot of those you just mentioned definitely aren't underrated. I'd say most hip-hop heads would hold alchemist, 9th and Premier in high regard. Premier is seen by many as the greatest of all time so he's given his credit.

A more underrated producer for me would be Rashad Smith, who did some massive tracks for Biggie and Busta amongst many others.

I'd say the Lords of the Underground producer K-Def is always overlooked when people think of 'golden era' rap beats also. He made some classics.

Would Mathematics & Truemaster, two of Wu-Tang's in house producers be counted as 'underrated'? I'd say theyve contributed massively to the Wu's legacy but are rarely mentioned in the same breath as the Clan themselves.

they're held in high regard by some but not all like maybe a dre or timbaland. i list those because they heralded by fans of their work but at times their geniuses are ignored or overlooked. for instance 9th wonder's new album is better than anything dr dre put out recently but because dre get mainstream acceptance some may overlook an album like 9th's.  even though i copped it mainstream might be literally waiting on detox compared to wonder years.

so any producer that isnt at the level of being  a household name is under-rated? get the fuck out of here. dre and tim are the most famous hip hop producers of all time (because they are in the celebrity world, shit even my momma knows who they are)

9th is over-rated if anything, i fuck with his music but damn people talk him up far too much
clean ya ears being from the south 9th has some of the best shit out. just cause he don't chop and screw it. it ain't his fault.
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #34 on: November 16, 2011, 10:18:29 PM »
9 th used to be my fave cat but he wore his sound out.

his last album put my ass to sleep

SCREWFACE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #35 on: November 16, 2011, 11:37:50 PM »

clean ya ears being from the south 9th has some of the best shit out. just cause he don't chop and screw it. it ain't his fault.

yeah dude dont play the south card i KNOW 9th. i been listening since the 1st little brother record and dude hasnt impressed me in years. i notice you get a lot of 9th wonder stans nowadays, cause they swear he one of the best but really aint dropped anything interesting in years, as dude above me said. the new record is snoozeworthy

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #36 on: November 17, 2011, 07:38:49 AM »

yeah dude dont play the south card i KNOW 9th. i been listening since the 1st little brother record and dude hasnt impressed me in years. i notice you get a lot of 9th wonder stans nowadays, cause they swear he one of the best but really aint dropped anything interesting in years, as dude above me said. the new record is snoozeworthy
your opinion. imo he's in the top 5 of producers. i have enough of his material to come to my conclusion.
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #37 on: November 18, 2011, 03:28:06 PM »

your opinion. imo he's in the top 5 of producers. i have enough of his material to come to my conclusion.

not even bro.

he needs to change up that snare every now and again

he aint did shit cool since minsteral show.

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #38 on: November 18, 2011, 04:56:32 PM »

not even bro.

he needs to change up that snare every now and again

he aint did shit cool since minsteral show.
so not true. 9th and his squad have put out nothin but quality. i suggest you research everything jamla.

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #39 on: November 18, 2011, 05:13:43 PM »
im not saying the beats arent sonically good, im saying its boring...his shit just got to the point where it all sounds alike to me now

he had some cool shit on his joints with banner but nothing else ive heard other then a skyzoo track or two is memorable from him post minstral materal

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #40 on: November 18, 2011, 06:16:11 PM »
im not saying the beats arent sonically good, im saying its boring...his shit just got to the point where it all sounds alike to me now

he had some cool shit on his joints with banner but nothing else ive heard other then a skyzoo track or two is memorable from him post minstral materal
trust me 9th got heat that's better than those beats on minstrel. the shit he produced on remo mixtape was extra sick.

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #41 on: November 18, 2011, 06:24:24 PM »
shoot me a link ill check it out.

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #42 on: November 18, 2011, 07:32:33 PM »
shoot me a link ill check it out.
there's a thread with jamla records artists on it.

The Predator

« Reply #43 on: November 18, 2011, 09:45:46 PM »
Emile.

BOX5 the best poster on this site yell

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #44 on: November 18, 2011, 10:46:06 PM »
Yogi from cru checc out cru da dirty thirty
Slick rick produced bangers on all his albums
Kwame produced some ill beats
Dj Pooh made some knot joints
Tutka got heat fo shoulders
Macado. Got bangers for years!
TRAJJIC got beats like muthafuccas!

Also how is most of these equals y'all naming underrated when they stay getting bigged up in a lot of circles? And if they were to get alot of mainstream rec,alot of y'all would shit on em for it yell
got a good woman at home,& this broad i smashed be-foe
but in my dome i'm think'n will it be good as be-foe
ring finger says, to don't pursue it,the "k-9" in me says
"ain't-nothing-to-it, but-to-do-it"/
but if we bang and i get caught OH-BOY-YA!/
i pray to god the wife don't get kelis or elin's lawyer
www.myspace.com/panhandoelrcorp