Author Topic: Immortal Technique  (Read 149 times)

Twentytwofifty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Immortal Technique
« on: January 21, 2003, 02:58:39 PM »
His name has been thrown around here a couple of times but most people still probably don't know about him. I've had "Dance With The Devil" for a while but have really got into him recently. I just got his album Revolutionary Vol.1 and this kid's got some skills.

I think he's got a cool voice and is delivery is really crisp and he pronounces everything clearly. I'm not really into artists that talk about politics and social issues all the time like P.E. and Dead Prez but I'm really into this guy. He goes off on his whole album about politics, the economy, social issues, history and all that stuff.

This is an emcee that will never really blow up though. I couldn't see one song on his album that could be a single. He's probably too controversial and the major label heads would try to change him, which I doubt he'd follow.

Check here for some info.

He's the newest member on my list of unsigned/underground/unknown type of artists, which includes Saigon, Ali Vegas, Little Brother (who should leave after the album drops) and the man in my sig.

S.G.V.

Re:Immortal Technique
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2003, 10:14:44 PM »
ill peep him when i get some time....which is scarce as of late...but if hes anything like saigon, ali vegas, last emperor...i probably wont like him...they dont click with me...but ill give it a chance

=[Euthanasia]=

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2003, 02:01:04 AM »
It's great to see people are checking him out, as well as some others i've mentioned over the past few months (Little Brother, Binky, Binary Star), I love hearing new artists and putting people on to them, it's a buzz. "Dance With The Devil" is an amazing track, and he's got better stuff too, plus he's got hook ups with the likes of Jean Grae who I love.

I think that if you take one of the 'O's' out of 'Good' it's 'God', if you add a 'D' to 'Evil' it's the 'Devil'. I think some cool motherfucker sat down a long time ago and said 'let's figure out a way to control motherfuckers'.

Twentytwofifty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2003, 03:05:35 PM »
ill peep him when i get some time....which is scarce as of late...but if hes anything like saigon, ali vegas, last emperor...i probably wont like him...they dont click with me...but ill give it a chance

I'm not sure if you'll like him.  He doesn't have an odd voice or delivery like a E-40 or Suga Free, it's pretty straightforward and crisp.  He's a pretty smart dude and he has a very good vocabulary.  He usually used grimy eastcoast beats.  But it's his content that'll catch your attention he's focused on politics, social commentary, history, etc.  He goes off on his whole album.  You can see by the track titles like: "Creation & Destruction", "Revolutionary" and "Prophecy".

For example on "The Poverty of Philosophy" he goes:

"Latino America is a huge colony of countries, whose presidents are cowards in the face of economic imperialism.  You see third world countries are rich places, abundant in resources and many of these countries have the capacity to feed their starving people..."

He let's a load of his chest for over 6 minutes on that track, just speaking.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2003, 03:06:15 PM by C2Knuckles »

bLaDe

• The Paradoxical Third Eye
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ..: Monolith :..
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2003, 10:14:15 PM »
oh fa show this guys pretty dope, i have like 3 songs from him.  "Positive Balance", "Dance with the devil", "The prophecy".  From what I heard, hes pretty tight, hes got good vocab, flow, real good lyrics, ya'll should check him out, peace

-{bLaDe}
Waving My Double Edged Sword, God Sharpened My Blade...
Its Just Me Against The World, And The Evil That He Made...

S.G.V.

« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2003, 10:37:16 PM »

I'm not sure if you'll like him.  He doesn't have an odd voice or delivery like a E-40 or Suga Free, it's pretty straightforward and crisp.  
THE FUCK?...it aint like i ONLY like that style...lol...

Euthanasia...u aint talkin about Binky Bink from Harlem World are u?...cuz that was horrible...

=[Euthanasia]=

« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2003, 04:34:32 AM »
Euthanasia...u aint talkin about Binky Bink from Harlem World are u?...cuz that was horrible...

Hell No, lol. I'm talking bout Binky Fingers, he's from the NC.

I think that if you take one of the 'O's' out of 'Good' it's 'God', if you add a 'D' to 'Evil' it's the 'Devil'. I think some cool motherfucker sat down a long time ago and said 'let's figure out a way to control motherfuckers'.

S.G.V.

« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2003, 02:11:36 PM »
ok good...i was gonna say...