Author Topic: Eminem nearing 2Pac-sales.. Nellly far behind..  (Read 905 times)

West Coast Veteran

Re:Eminem nearing 2Pac-sales.. Nellly far behind..
« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2003, 11:49:27 PM »
All Eyez On Me was certified 9X platinum in 1998. It's been almost 5 years. I'm pretty sure it has sold 500,000 or a million copies since then. It's one of the most popular albums ever. I have even bought it twice since that time due to damages and theft.

ImmortalOne

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • mothafuckin made niggaz
« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2003, 12:01:09 AM »
All Eyez On Me was certified 9X platinum in 1998. It's been almost 5 years. I'm pretty sure it has sold 500,000 or a million copies since then. It's one of the most popular albums ever. I have even bought it twice since that time due to damages and theft.

Yep....

The way that album still sells today is scary. Its been out for 7 years, and its STILL on the charts today [I think its total chart time to date is over 350 weeks]......there is no way that album is still only at 9 million......Greatest Hits, Makaveli, and Me Against The World still sell like hotcakes too.
check out my Jordan collection here:

http://www.dubcc.com/forum/index.php?topic=67063.0

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2003, 12:01:51 AM »
bone's number's acording to soundscan  is

creepin on ah come up-2.5 shipped and 1.87 sold
e. 1999 eternal- shipped 9  and sold  6.3
art of war-shipped 3.7 (or 7.4 million ) sold 2.1 (or 4.2)
resurection-shipped roughly 2.5 million sold only 1.2
the new one shipped 700,000 hasn't sold gold yet

this is from warehouse music's alltime list that they have up at the store facts sheet, i trust an establishment with no motives on promoting a bias towards a group

then pac is 33.6 or somthing (if you count his double albums as 2 units)

eminem- jome's were right

also remember folks record company's lie about sold cd's........cd's you see on the shelf count as a 'bought' unit sometimes, in a way they're right becuase company's buy straight from distributors (for like 6 bucks mind you) THEN resale them

soundscan is a recorder of units that were resold, so i trust those figures more than some record exec at a message board

plus i don't know why people get so up in arms about sales.......a good albums is  a good album whether it sales 10 billion or 10 thousand

bone might be the best selling rap group but the majority of their catelouge is trash

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Kaidy

« Reply #18 on: January 22, 2003, 06:04:18 AM »
Pac is easily over 10 mill with AEOM. Shit, if you read Billboard magazine every week, Pac always has like 3 or 4 albums in the top selling back catalog albums. It's crazy how that shit still sells after 6-7 years

D.R.E.-Dogg

« Reply #19 on: January 22, 2003, 06:44:50 AM »
in my oppinion it's wrong to count double cds x2

it's still one album

and i don't say this cause I don't want pac on no.1 (I don't hate him or shit, just think he's overrated as fuck)
I don't give a fuck about sales anyway since they don't mean shit and wit all the Pac dickrydin, and putting him up (just have a look at polls like best freestyler lol) and fans that don't even know shit bout him (thinkin he was biggest G ever n shit) these numbers are worth even less.

PLANT

« Reply #20 on: January 22, 2003, 06:53:43 AM »
Anybody know info on Ice Cube sales?

Twentytwofifty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #21 on: January 22, 2003, 08:10:50 AM »
Eminem is nowhere near Pac in sales, and never will be. Pac got that shit on lock, at least as far as rap goes.

I guess you forgot to include the D12 in the comparision since you had the Thug Life album in there, plus Pac had a greatest hits album with 4 more doubles listed.

Eminem averages over 6 million copies an album and 2Pac can't touch that.  When Eminem has 5 albums he'll be passed Pac who's got like 10.  Unless something drastic happens, I don't see Eminem selling poorly.  If you count copies and not units, Em has already pased him.

It's funny seeing the Bones thugs fans with their inflated numbers.  So 1999 went 6 or 9x plat and RIAA just doesn't feel like certifying them?  Or just forgot?  I believe RIAA before some dude on a message board for the group's website or some guy's friend.  Maybe if it was 1 mill. off it might be 5x plat.  but no way 9x.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2003, 08:40:47 AM by C2Knuckles »

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i think you betta recognize...
« Reply #22 on: January 22, 2003, 10:31:02 AM »
jake how can u say the majority of bone's catalogue is trash?

btw, ice cube

ameriikkaz most wanted- platinum
death certificate- platinum
kill at will - gold
lethal injection- platinum
the predator- platinum
bow down- 2 platinum
war vol. 1- platinum
peace vol. 2- gold
bootlegs and b sides- gold

thats about 9 million right there

oh yeah EAZY E

Eazy Duz It- 2 platinum
5150 Home for the sick- gold
its on- 3 platinum
eternal e- gold
str8 off the streetz- gold

6.5 million
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

dpgc2002

« Reply #23 on: January 22, 2003, 12:31:17 PM »
According to RIAA...

Doggystyle- 4 million(In Death Row Greatest Hits CD its listed as 5 and that came out in 96)
Doggfather- 2 million
Da Game- 2 million
Top Dogg- 1 million
Last Meal- 1 million(according to Billboard article that I saw months ago it was listed as 1.97 million)
Paid Tha Cost- gold

ImmortalOne

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • mothafuckin made niggaz
« Reply #24 on: January 22, 2003, 12:50:04 PM »
Eminem is nowhere near Pac in sales, and never will be. Pac got that shit on lock, at least as far as rap goes.

I guess you forgot to include the D12 in the comparision since you had the Thug Life album in there, plus Pac had a greatest hits album with 4 more doubles listed.

Eminem averages over 6 million copies an album and 2Pac can't touch that.  When Eminem has 5 albums he'll be passed Pac who's got like 10.  Unless something drastic happens, I don't see Eminem selling poorly.  If you count copies and not units, Em has already pased him.

It's funny seeing the Bones thugs fans with their inflated numbers.  So 1999 went 6 or 9x plat and RIAA just doesn't feel like certifying them?  Or just forgot?  I believe RIAA before some dude on a message board for the group's website or some guy's friend.  Maybe if it was 1 mill. off it might be 5x plat.  but no way 9x.

Again, Eminem will never catch Pac in sales. NEVER. He's fucking 17 million behind Pac. And yea, Pac has alot of double albums, but thats the way shit works. Double albums count as more, even if less people bought them. You have to remember, Em's albums are like 15 bucks each, while an album like AEOM is a 25 dollar double disc......And Em may average 6 million now, but thats only because he has 3 friggin albums. When he has more albums, his average will go down, mark my words. If you take Pac's 3 highest selling albums, and put them up against Em's 3 highest, Pac's average will be higher.

Em aint ever gonna catch him, since Pac is still releasing albums, not to mention Pac's older albums still sell like they just came out yestarday.

And yes, E.1999 Eternal has sold 7 million. Its not that the RIAA doesnt want to certify them, but if you read my other post, you will see that the label has to pay for certifications. If they dont pay, they dont get the certification, even if the album has gone up. E.1999 Eternal was passed 6 million in 96'. Ruthless Records just hasnt bothered to purchase a certification from the RIAA, thus the album hasnt been updated.
check out my Jordan collection here:

http://www.dubcc.com/forum/index.php?topic=67063.0

Twentytwofifty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #25 on: January 22, 2003, 01:11:12 PM »
2Pac - 2Pacalypse Now - 500K
2Pac - Strictly 4 My N.I.G.G.A.Z. - 1 mill.
2Pac - Me Against the World - 2 mill.
2Pac - All Eyez on Me - 5 mill.
2Pac - The 7 Day Theory - 4 mill.
2Pac - R U Still Down - 4 mill.
2Pac - Greatest hits - 5 mill.
2Pac - Still I Rise - 1 mill.
2Pac - Until the end of time - 2 mill.
2Pac - Betta Dayz - 2 mill.

= 26.5 million copies

Eminem - Slim Shady LP - 4 mill.
Eminem - Marshal Mathers LP - 8 mill.
Eminem - The Eminem Show - 8 mill.

= 20 million copies

Eminem will have sold more copies than 2Pac in one more album and I rounded up for Pac with all his double albums for his total.  (this is just copies, not units)  
Maybe you don't but I think it's amazing Eminem will sell more copies of his albums than 2Pac who has more than twice as many albums.  But Eminem might not catch up to him in plaques.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2003, 01:12:09 PM by C2Knuckles »

The Watcher

« Reply #26 on: January 22, 2003, 04:50:07 PM »
why doesnt 8mile OST count?

em produced it, paid for it, its on his label ..
army of the pharaohs never make love songs
we finger fuck bitches with freddy krueger gloves on
- celph titled

"lol infact lmao" - Proof of D12

anticipate the shots like obama at the podium
- joe budden

ZILLA THA GOODFELLA

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • www.servnu151.com + www.turfdout.com
« Reply #27 on: January 22, 2003, 06:56:57 PM »
cd's you see on the shelf count as a 'bought' unit sometimes, in a way they're right becuase company's buy straight from distributors (for like 6 bucks mind you) THEN resale them

Depends man......I mean Cds like pac would get sold like 7-8 a piece......

Less known artists like my label, that is just tragedy......Im not even gonna mention what Bay Side Distribution offered us......Horrible......Dats why we just doin cosignments now......If U aint got a fan base other than yur own city lol, U aint gettin nowhere too quick......

REGGAE MEETS THE WEST BAY MIXTAPE IN STORES NOW !!

TRENCH TOWN HUSTLAZ - YOUNG N HUNGRY
COMING IN 2008.
FEATURING: SAN QUINN, THE JACKA (MOB FIGAZ), DUBEE, TELLY MAC (THA GAMBLAZ) MR. KEE, 10SION, LIL RIC, PROHOEZAK, ARSEN & MORE.

www.myspace.com/trenchtownhustlaz

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYY AREAAAAAAAAAAA.. WEST OF THE WATER! COME SEE US!!

Doggystylin

« Reply #28 on: January 22, 2003, 07:09:27 PM »
yea rod its not worth explainin who scott is to wcc, they will just shrug it off, people here are ignorant and dont know that whatever riaa posts isnt right, bones numbers havent been updated in forever, if you hear them in songs you always hear them claimin over 30 mil sold so i think they know wassup.

Vigilante

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Future Revolutionary Classic
« Reply #29 on: January 22, 2003, 07:30:18 PM »
Let's do this...

Dr.Dre - The Chronic - 3 mill.
Dr.Dre - 2001 - 6 mill.
= 9 mill.

Both went 6 or 7 times platinum....

This album recieved 3 Mics in the Source.....BS
Go support him and go buy it!