Author Topic: Eminem nearing 2Pac-sales.. Nellly far behind..  (Read 926 times)

Hatesrats™

• Tha Drunk Gem-in-I
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Gz Up, Hoes Down"
Re:Eminem nearing 2Pac-sales.. Nellly far behind..
« Reply #45 on: January 23, 2003, 08:25:33 PM »

Eminem is Pop-music intended for the chart's.
The difference between Eminem and everyone else is his promotion and coverage.

Eminem's coverage passes any artist including the Backstreet boys & Nsync. The amount of press his lp's get fuck's any other rap lp' ever by the millions. Em get's more Mtv exposure than any other artist since 80's Michael Jackson ImO.

The reason Eminem will be the highest most sucessfull Rap singer ever is because of the relate factor with his fan's.

ImO....Eminem fan's became hardcore hip-hop when Em gave them a chance to become "Urban" in other word's, it was ok to dress hip-hop and enjoy the music now cause they had an artist who they can look like, and who looked like them.
In other word's most people who like Eminem had never bought or even considered Hip-hop their prefered music before the hip-Pop music explosion.
To those of us who Had hip-hop in their deck since we first heard it....coo.
But to those who barely picked up the box After Em......

you get the answer to why Em is the king now!!!

OnE
Hatesrats 2000Tre

FadEd Az Fuckk..!!

Hatesrats™

• Tha Drunk Gem-in-I
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Gz Up, Hoes Down"
« Reply #46 on: January 23, 2003, 08:34:00 PM »
P.S.

I like Eminem's music and respect him as an artist, but his Fanatics are really dumb ass-holes who belive he is untouchable, And treat Marshall like God's gift.

ImO....he's just a good Mc, nothing more nothing less. I have heard worse and I have deffinetly heard better.
So please save the diss remark's

I own all of his cd's, all of his DvD's movie spot's ect....
To me Em is just another cd in the stack.

OnE
Hatesrats 2000Tre

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #47 on: January 23, 2003, 08:38:59 PM »
from what I hear, 'Pac's new CD will be one that was suppose to be released, like when he was alive, not the other stuff when he was dead. I trust Suge on this, as Tha Row needs the sales to generate money to get his record company off the ground again, though now Suge is once again in jail.

Also, I doubt someone can continue selling 7 million an album, there is no way to keep that up. Em is also very conscience about stepping on peoples toes as I said in Hip-Hop. Breaking 2Pac's record would mos def be something talk about, and would send shock waves over the industry. The question will be asked over and over until Em goes crazy, "would he sell that if he was black?" Of course right now, his about half way there, but will need 3 more albums at his rate, but as I said, 7 million an album ain't happening forever. I think he'll settle like at about 30 million, and his salls will slow down like everyone else. I mean, Bone started off hot, Snoop Dogg, Puffy, and most other starts. Starts don't make a selling career, it's the actual career. Imagion if 'Pac had lived another few years to make more GOOD music. But right now he gots his loyal 2 million fans that buy all his shit, including me. But I also buy all of Em's, as I ain't hating, that man got serious skillz. 'Pac vs. Em for sales, we'll see when Em's sales slow down. Though 'Pac's sales now have slowed down to only double platnum for Better Dayz, which it should finish off at.

D.R.E.-Dogg

« Reply #48 on: January 24, 2003, 08:12:44 AM »

Eminem is Pop-music intended for the chart's.
The difference between Eminem and everyone else is his promotion and coverage.

Eminem's coverage passes any artist including the Backstreet boys & Nsync. The amount of press his lp's get fuck's any other rap lp' ever by the millions. Em get's more Mtv exposure than any other artist since 80's Michael Jackson ImO.

The reason Eminem will be the highest most sucessfull Rap singer ever is because of the relate factor with his fan's.

ImO....Eminem fan's became hardcore hip-hop when Em gave them a chance to become "Urban" in other word's, it was ok to dress hip-hop and enjoy the music now cause they had an artist who they can look like, and who looked like them.
In other word's most people who like Eminem had never bought or even considered Hip-hop their prefered music before the hip-Pop music explosion.
To those of us who Had hip-hop in their deck since we first heard it....coo.
But to those who barely picked up the box After Em......

you get the answer to why Em is the king now!!!

OnE
Hatesrats 2000Tre

FadEd Az Fuckk..!!

it's right there's definatly many non(real)hiphop fans buying Em's albums..
but that's just the way shit goes, hardly any Rapper that has only real HipHop fans is going multi platinum, not Em, not Ja, not Nelly and neither Pac..
which basically means Pac also has a whole lot of girls and non hiphop fans I know this even in my own town it's like that and real HipHop's not that big over here

Many (bleezbalivit really many) Pac fans that even claim to be real hipHop fans really don't know shit about HipHop at all, they listening to Pac, Outlawz, Thug Life n some other shit

and they have money so they gonna buy anything ever released by Pac, inluding many bootlegs (lmao)

plus there's the girls that love pac who's hardly seen wearing a shirt and having alot of soft tracks like those with with Danny Boy.. they also gonna buy any official Pac release

it's like that.. u need these kids plus u need these hoes to be a real top seller

ImmortalOne

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • mothafuckin made niggaz
« Reply #49 on: January 24, 2003, 01:55:44 PM »
his next CD will more than likely be a classic, and a must have for all true 'Pac fans, all 3 or 4 million.

LoL, how the hell you know that?
Judging by some of the other releases after his death, it definately won't be a classic at all.

Makaveli is an undisputed classic, and R U Still Down is a solid 4.5/5

check out my Jordan collection here:

http://www.dubcc.com/forum/index.php?topic=67063.0

Twentytwofifty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #50 on: January 24, 2003, 02:33:28 PM »
and R U Still Down is a solid 4.5/5

:o

I'd say a solid 5.5/10

ImmortalOne

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • mothafuckin made niggaz
« Reply #51 on: January 24, 2003, 02:40:46 PM »
and R U Still Down is a solid 4.5/5

:o

I'd say a solid 5.5/10

5.5/10??

Thats a dangerously low rating for an album that has as many bangers as that album does. Its not a 5 mic classic, but its one of the more underrated albums in his catalog......4.5/5 is kinda of a biased rating because im a huge Pac head, but even if I wasnt, I wouldnt give it any less than a 4/5.......Open Fire, Hellrazor, 16 On Death Row, Hold On, Only Fear Of Death, When I Get Free, Thug Style, Do For Love, and I Wonder If Heaven Got A Ghetto are all classics......

I like it better than either the SSLP or the MMLP.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2003, 02:41:41 PM by hellrazor »
check out my Jordan collection here:

http://www.dubcc.com/forum/index.php?topic=67063.0

=[Euthanasia]=

« Reply #52 on: January 26, 2003, 05:10:20 AM »
I don't give a shit about sales in general, like i've said in another thread sales don't define the quality of an album, if they did then there would be a big change in how many times 'Pac, Em, Nelly, Jay-Z, Nas etc would go platinum, wether it be lower of higher. I think Em deserves all the sales he's gained, same goes for 'Pac, but thats because i'm fans of them, so i'm obviously biased, but instead of arguing over how close they are we should just congratulate, I mean what they have achieved throughout their careers is amazing, not many hip-hop artists will go on to achieve what they have. It's pointless making them in to rivals over sales.

I think that if you take one of the 'O's' out of 'Good' it's 'God', if you add a 'D' to 'Evil' it's the 'Devil'. I think some cool motherfucker sat down a long time ago and said 'let's figure out a way to control motherfuckers'.

DPG4lyfe

« Reply #53 on: January 26, 2003, 11:16:34 PM »
man i heard BTNHRESSURECTION 2Mil