Author Topic: No All Caps  (Read 424 times)

weedhead

• Muthafuckin' Don!
No All Caps
« on: September 17, 2011, 03:20:18 AM »
So i check it out twice!!this was a very big wast of shit..then this pop corn ass video em and 5-9 shot was terrible..was another fucking gay love story...and this bullshit went plat.!!!the record labels is buying there on lps or some thing...i just dont see it. ???..peace.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2011, 11:11:01 PM by K.Dub »

KURUPTION-81

Re: BAD MEETS EVIL SUCKS!!!
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2011, 04:33:33 AM »
It went gold not plat. I thought it was pretty good with one mc trying to out do the next in terms of punchlines and metaphors.

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

HighEyeCue

« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2011, 06:13:05 AM »
I thought Lighters was not bad for a pop song, better than I Need A Doctor

SCREWFACE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2011, 08:53:32 AM »
yeah this shit was whack. royce was in my top 5 when bar exam 2 came out. its all been downhill since then.........

Game-Won

« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2011, 09:31:52 AM »
Isnt a great album - But its above AVG - this aint 95 no more.. and compared to albums dropping today, its decent.
"I have nothing in common with lazy people who blame others for their lack of success. Great things come from hard work and perseverance. No excuses."
- Kobe

teecee

« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2011, 01:13:32 PM »
Not sure its above average...I mean, these guys should be able to make a GREAT album. Never thought I'd say this, but Em needs to get back to producing and crafting his own songs. 

Not sure why the threadstarter would be surprised this is selling units though.  Whats more of a surprise is how FEW its sold considering how big Lighters is and the fact its EMINEM involved

BakinSodaFree

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Nathaniel Dwayne Hale - The greatest singer ever.
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2011, 01:27:47 PM »
i gotta check this out.
Under the society, still only god`s above me

R.I.P Nate Dogg.
You will forever be missed, but never forgotten.

TheWestCoast

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Need that Million Dollar Story!!
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2011, 01:50:44 PM »
naw its fukn dope it just sucks to be you

13th Duke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2011, 02:11:39 PM »
The Bruno Mars song is the softest thing either of them have been involved in. Its awful. But for the most part it was a good LP. I think Royce's presence helped steer Eminem away from the usual childish bullshit he has rapped for the last 4 albums.

I have to agree with the comment about the video though. Both the "Fast Lane" vid with them goofing about and the Bruno mars vid are actually embarrassing to watch. Theyre meant to be grown men.

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2011, 02:15:45 PM »
Thought fast lane vid was dope, something different. Lighters vid is pretty boring though.

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

13th Duke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2011, 02:30:06 PM »
Thought fast lane vid was dope, something different. Lighters vid is pretty boring though.

it was the cartoonish facial expressions Eminem was pulling. He's still pandering to an audience of 13 year olds, even on songs like that and it doesn't sit well with me. I like the song though, both emcees are superb on it.

K-MACC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2011, 03:39:44 PM »
what did u expect  :-X

BOX5 the best poster on this site yell

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2011, 03:52:35 PM »
"It was all good a week ago" haha the inevitable happened. People pump it when it drops then figure the replay value is not that good. Its all flows and concepts take a bacc seat to them,yell 
got a good woman at home,& this broad i smashed be-foe
but in my dome i'm think'n will it be good as be-foe
ring finger says, to don't pursue it,the "k-9" in me says
"ain't-nothing-to-it, but-to-do-it"/
but if we bang and i get caught OH-BOY-YA!/
i pray to god the wife don't get kelis or elin's lawyer
www.myspace.com/panhandoelrcorp

KrazySumwhat

« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2011, 08:28:17 PM »
 I didnt even know there was a video for fast lane.
 Personally i think the album is pretty dope. Both rappers go pretty hard and there lyrics and flow, they both sound like they put in a fair amount of effort for the most part.
 Good aggressive lyrical album with a few exceptions. Most the production is good with a couple of weak beats.

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: September 17, 2011, 09:25:50 PM »
This EP still gets burn, I don't know what people expected as they threw this together pretty quickly. "The Reunion", "Above The Law", "Take From Me", "Loud Noises","Living Proof" and "Echo" are all heaters in my opinion.