Author Topic: The Official J. Cole "Cole World: The Sideline Story" Thread  (Read 1437 times)

Lunatic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
Re: The Official J. Cole "Cole World: The Sideline Story" Thread
« Reply #100 on: September 29, 2011, 06:49:00 PM »
Something happened out here today that has never happened to me before. I went to HMV to pick the album up and got this response "Sorry, we're sold out. You're like the 10th person to come in here since we sold out."

Wow.

Lol, man I just came on to say the same thing. I get paid every Friday so I usually wait until Friday to buy my CDs but I wanted this so I went today and it was sold out. Ive never had that happen to me before. The chick at the counter said pretty much the same thing. Had to reserve a copy for when they come in.
It's crazy!

I'm goin' back Monday and they should have more copies
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Made
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #101 on: October 04, 2011, 04:06:40 AM »
A couple of reviews I found

This one's funny as hell ;D
http://bigghostnahmean.blogspot.com/2011/09/big-ghost-review-for-cole-world.html

This one is very on point in my opinion
http://www.rapreviews.com/archive/2011_09_coleworld.html

kemizt

Chamillitary Click

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #102 on: October 04, 2011, 08:54:14 AM »
^In all seriousness, outside of his serious dislike for Drake's music, P Tone gives the most real reviews. He keys in on the flaws people just want to overlook, but are the same people who will say it about some other rapper they aren't feeling.

I read his review all the way through, although fucking hilarious, he does raise some good points. His hook game sounds the same & for the most part weak throughout the album, the production was, for the most part, a miss & that "lamest bar:" thing he did at the end of each song was great. It's kind of like, if I told you I like Lil' Wayne's music, you guys would be like "He's fucking awful. One of the worst rappers. He has lines like, "insert corny Wayne punchline". But this "great rapper", J. Cole, just gets to say lines just about equally as bad at least once a song & it's like, "Oh, it's okay".

I'd flip your last post around & say

A couple of reviews I found

This one is very on point in my opinion
http://bigghostnahmean.blogspot.com/2011/09/big-ghost-review-for-cole-world.html

This one is funny as hell ;D (for hyping Cole up like he's something great)
http://www.rapreviews.com/archive/2011_09_coleworld.html

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Made
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #103 on: October 04, 2011, 09:01:57 AM »
^In all seriousness, outside of his serious dislike for Drake's music, P Tone gives the most real reviews. He keys in on the flaws people just want to overlook, but are the same people who will say it about some other rapper they aren't feeling.

I read his review all the way through, although fucking hilarious, he does raise some good points. His hook game sounds the same & for the most part weak throughout the album, the production was, for the most part, a miss & that "lamest bar:" thing he did at the end of each song was great. It's kind of like, if I told you I like Lil' Wayne's music, you guys would be like "He's fucking awful. One of the worst rappers. He has lines like, "insert corny Wayne punchline". But this "great rapper", J. Cole, just gets to say lines just about equally as bad at least once a song & it's like, "Oh, it's okay".

Yes, that P Tone review has some solid points, I'll give him that.
Also, I wouldn't say RR's journalist is praising and hyping Cole _that_ much.

kemizt

Chamillitary Click

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #104 on: October 04, 2011, 10:50:58 AM »
^I'll be honest, I didn't read the other review. I saw the first couple lines, where he was like "straight fire, incredible lyrics", etc & I was just like...Oh, I know where this is going lol.

BG Rapsodie

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #105 on: October 04, 2011, 01:46:36 PM »
^I'll be honest, I didn't read the other review. I saw the first couple lines, where he was like "straight fire, incredible lyrics", etc & I was just like...Oh, I know where this is going lol.

The reviewer wastes the first 5 paragraphs talking about Cole's backstory and the album sequencing. Last 3 paragraphs are the actual review. I agree with what he says and his rating.

OG Jaydc

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
  • Fuck your opinion.
« Reply #106 on: October 08, 2011, 02:01:26 AM »
Picked up my copy for 7.99  8)

Listened to it three times now and I'm diggin it. Great headphone music, good to sit back and just vibe to. Only song I'm not feelin is Cole world.

Albums a solid 8/10

Darkwing Duck (The Reincarnation)

« Reply #107 on: October 08, 2011, 02:19:49 AM »
havent listened to the J Cole album.. buzz is big, might have to jump on the bandwagon n c what its about

i liked the saigon-album tho, minus 3 or 4 songs

OG Jaydc

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
  • Fuck your opinion.
« Reply #108 on: October 08, 2011, 02:21:42 AM »
Can't stop listening to lost ones. Anyone who can relate to that song knows what's up