Author Topic: The Official J. Cole "Cole World: The Sideline Story" Thread  (Read 2138 times)

Triple OG Rapsodie

Re: The Official J. Cole "Cole World: The Sideline Story" Thread
« Reply #30 on: September 22, 2011, 10:19:44 PM »
yeah im sure the majors need all the money they can get on this release...... u do realise people that dont pay for music arent just going to go and buy the album because some sad ass nerd is reporting links. we are just going to go and find it somewhere else. you really got nothing better to do with your time? really think you are making a difference? i look forward to hearing you response to this.

Yeah, I know that. Doesn't mean I can't piss people off by making the leak harder to find than the Holy Grail... lol

snitch

Blood$

« Reply #31 on: September 23, 2011, 09:23:28 AM »
yeah im sure the majors need all the money they can get on this release...... u do realise people that dont pay for music arent just going to go and buy the album because some sad ass nerd is reporting links. we are just going to go and find it somewhere else. you really got nothing better to do with your time? really think you are making a difference? i look forward to hearing you response to this.

Yeah, I know that. Doesn't mean I can't piss people off by making the leak harder to find than the Holy Grail... lol

come on man don't act like a biggity-bitch

anyway, just bumped the album front to back and it's very dope... I'll be buying this once I get my paycheck  8)

RingMan

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • BWS Czech Capo
« Reply #32 on: September 23, 2011, 09:38:49 AM »
have heard it only once but I feel it will be the weakest album released on next Tuesday

Rap is not real, I don't care what they told you,
Fake people say fake things in their vocalbooth
- Soul Position - Mic Control

I make it hard to read me, graffiti flow - Rakim - Word On The Streets

kuruptlon

« Reply #33 on: September 23, 2011, 01:17:08 PM »

All in all, Cole absolutely 100% delivered exactly what I'd hope he would for what, two years now? This album completely lives up to the hype. He's obviously someone who's recorded so much music for this album and leaked A LOT of what didn't make the cut. When that happens, fans often get concerned that the leaked material will be better than the material kept for the album. Now that the album has been heard, I can confidently say Cole did the best job possible of keeping his BEST music for the album and also putting the best leaked tracks on the album as well.

A near classic for sure and probably album of the year.

I agree with most of what you said but I have to say that IMO Return of Simba is the best track he's ever done and would have been a nice track to open the album up with. The intro to that song (him talking about having to meet with jay) and then he just explodes over that classic beat. Song is just perfect in my eyes.

Blood$

« Reply #34 on: September 23, 2011, 05:14:53 PM »
my review after listening to the album twice:

1. Intro - N/A
2. Dollar and a Dream III - 4.5/5
3. Can't Get Enough (feat. Trey Songz) - 4/5
4. Lights Please - 4/5
5. Interlude - N/A
6. Sideline Story - 4/5
7. Mr. Nice Watch (feat. Jay-Z) - 3.75/5
8. Cole World - 3.5/5
9. In the Morning (feat. Drake) - 4/5
10. Lost Ones - 4.5/5
11. Nobody's Perfect (feat. Missy Elliot) - 4/5
12. Never Told - 4/5
13. Rise & Shine - 4.5/5
14. God's Gift - 4.5/5
15. Breakdown - 4/5
16. Work Out - 3.75/5

BONUS TRACKS:

17. Cheer Up - 4/5
18. Nothing Lasts Forever - 3.5/5
19. Daddy's Little Girl - 3.5/5

very solid album throughout, Cole actually lived up the hype of his debut musically unlike Wiz Khalifa and Big Sean

this might even be better than WTT for me but I'll have to see which album I still bump in a few months, by far better than C4 though  8)
« Last Edit: September 23, 2011, 05:16:42 PM by BloodMoney »

Quadruple OG

« Reply #35 on: September 23, 2011, 06:16:53 PM »
album has dope production a lot of high quality drum sounds and big sonics. cole is pretty dope too, well listenable over a lot of the rappers out these days.

Dope album overall. After first couple listens I'd give it 4 mics. The track with Jay-Z and the following one sound out of place though, as if they were leftovers from WTT

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #36 on: September 23, 2011, 06:22:20 PM »
The only song with a decent amount of replay value is "Dollar & A Dream III".

Nima - Dubcnn.com

« Reply #37 on: September 23, 2011, 10:21:09 PM »

Nima - Dubcnn.com

« Reply #38 on: September 23, 2011, 10:22:15 PM »

Come on thats gotta be a troll post. I usually dont involved in arguments and i probably wont respond after this but ure telling me Lost Ones is not a great song?

Definite contender for album of the year.

Lunatic

Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #40 on: September 23, 2011, 10:50:17 PM »

Come on thats gotta be a troll post. I usually dont involved in arguments and i probably wont respond after this but ure telling me Lost Ones is not a great song?

"Replay value". Lost Ones came out months ago.

Lunatic

« Reply #41 on: September 23, 2011, 10:59:04 PM »

And I'm still replaying it  ;)

"God's Gift" is dope as fuck too. "Nobody's Perfect" too.
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #42 on: September 23, 2011, 11:04:04 PM »

And I'm still replaying it  ;)

"God's Gift" is dope as fuck too. "Nobody's Perfect" too.

There you go. That's more proper terminology. "Dope". Words like "phenomenal" & "incredible" are being thrown around in a thread about music that isn't really anything special when you really listen to it. He's been making the same sounding music since he's hit the scene. I've seen no growth, no improvement.

Like somebody said earlier, "I don't know if this is better than 'The Warm Up'". Cole show no signs of progression, this is the best he will ever be.

Nima - Dubcnn.com

« Reply #43 on: September 23, 2011, 11:12:47 PM »

Wait so if the song hadn't dropped 3 months ago, we would be allowed to call it phenomenal according to you? So if the song was phenomenal 3 months ago, it's phenomenal anymore because it's 3 months old? That makes no sense.

Anyway, I skipped most of J Cole's material so 90% of the album was new to me and even if I had heard the songs that leaked beforehand, that wouldn't make them any less dope.

It's all good though, to each his own.

Nima - Dubcnn.com

« Reply #44 on: September 23, 2011, 11:14:06 PM »
There you go. That's more proper terminology. "Dope". Words like "phenomenal" & "incredible" are being thrown around in a thread about music that isn't really anything special when you really listen to it. He's been making the same sounding music since he's hit the scene. I've seen no growth, no improvement.

Like somebody said earlier, "I don't know if this is better than 'The Warm Up'". Cole show no signs of progression, this is the best he will ever be.

Wait, so since Snoop's Doggystyle was the "best he would ever be", does that mean Doggystyle is not a classic? (I am not comparing Doggystyle to Cole World btw and I am not calling Cole World a classic).