Author Topic: The Official J. Cole "Cole World: The Sideline Story" Thread  (Read 2091 times)

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
Re: The Official J. Cole "Cole World: The Sideline Story" Thread
« Reply #45 on: September 23, 2011, 11:29:45 PM »
The only song with a decent amount of replay value is "Dollar & A Dream III".

Come on thats gotta be a troll post. I usually dont involved in arguments and i probably wont respond after this but ure telling me Lost Ones is not a great song?

Definite contender for album of the year.

"Replay value". Lost Ones came out months ago.

Wait so if the song hadn't dropped 3 months ago, we would be allowed to call it phenomenal according to you? So if the song was phenomenal 3 months ago, it's phenomenal anymore because it's 3 months old? That makes no sense.

No, an old "pretty good" (easy with that "phenomenal" word) song 3 months old, trying to be passed off as something he's just released has no replay value. To me it's an old track I'd skip because I'd rather listen to material I haven't heard.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #46 on: September 23, 2011, 11:40:27 PM »
There you go. That's more proper terminology. "Dope". Words like "phenomenal" & "incredible" are being thrown around in a thread about music that isn't really anything special when you really listen to it. He's been making the same sounding music since he's hit the scene. I've seen no growth, no improvement.

Like somebody said earlier, "I don't know if this is better than 'The Warm Up'". Cole show no signs of progression, this is the best he will ever be.

Wait, so since Snoop's Doggystyle was the "best he would ever be", does that mean Doggystyle is not a classic? (I am not comparing Doggystyle to Cole World btw and I am not calling Cole World a classic).

Well you kind of answered yourself with what you said in the parenthesis. Cole World is not a classic. It likely won't even go down as album of this year. & as Snoop and almost every other mainstream rapper we've ever seen, you progressively start getting worse after your first album.

Doggystyle is a classic album. Cole World is a pretty solid/dope album. Snoop as his best produced arguably one of the greatest albums ever. Cole at his best produced an album people are excited about because of the hype but will be forgotten about shortly.

I mean, sure. There is a chance he gets better, but so far two street albums (he really tried hard on) & one studio album deep, he really hasn't given us anything that really sticks out that could be remembered long-term. & like I said, most rappers seem to be better earlier in their career rather than later.

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #47 on: September 23, 2011, 11:58:47 PM »

Come on thats gotta be a troll post. I usually dont involved in arguments and i probably wont respond after this but ure telling me Lost Ones is not a great song?

"Replay value". Lost Ones came out months ago.

Wait so if the song hadn't dropped 3 months ago, we would be allowed to call it phenomenal according to you? So if the song was phenomenal 3 months ago, it's phenomenal anymore because it's 3 months old? That makes no sense.

No, an old "pretty good" (easy with that "phenomenal" word) song 3 months old, trying to be passed off as something he's just released has no replay value. To me it's an old track I'd skip because I'd rather listen to material I haven't heard.

See, this is why I dodge the leaked songs from official albums and mixtapes/street albums with teasers from the album. I wanna get that fresh album feeling from all the songs. Sadly, I couldn't wait with some tracks, and Work Out has been on repeat a couple of weeks now lol.

And so what if Cole hasn't "showed any progression" or doesn't "switch up his flow", he's still better and fresher than most rappers out.

kemizt

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #48 on: September 24, 2011, 12:30:22 AM »
There you go. That's more proper terminology. "Dope". Words like "phenomenal" & "incredible" are being thrown around in a thread about music that isn't really anything special when you really listen to it. He's been making the same sounding music since he's hit the scene. I've seen no growth, no improvement.

Like somebody said earlier, "I don't know if this is better than 'The Warm Up'". Cole show no signs of progression, this is the best he will ever be.

Wait, so since Snoop's Doggystyle was the "best he would ever be", does that mean Doggystyle is not a classic? (I am not comparing Doggystyle to Cole World btw and I am not calling Cole World a classic).

Well you kind of answered yourself with what you said in the parenthesis. Cole World is not a classic. It likely won't even go down as album of this year. & as Snoop and almost every other mainstream rapper we've ever seen, you progressively start getting worse after your first album.

Doggystyle is a classic album. Cole World is a pretty solid/dope album. Snoop as his best produced arguably one of the greatest albums ever. Cole at his best produced an album people are excited about because of the hype but will be forgotten about shortly.

I mean, sure. There is a chance he gets better, but so far two street albums (he really tried hard on) & one studio album deep, he really hasn't given us anything that really sticks out that could be remembered long-term. & like I said, most rappers seem to be better earlier in their career rather than later.

Why are you prophesying about the man's future career? This is a discussion about his debut album. Whether he gets better or gets worse in the future has jackall to do with this thread.

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #49 on: September 24, 2011, 12:33:44 AM »

Why are you prophesying about the man's future career? This is a discussion about his debut album. Whether he gets better or gets worse in the future has jackall to do with this thread.
Also, this...

kemizt

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #50 on: September 24, 2011, 03:00:18 AM »
I was also a big skeptic. Because lately he was stuck in his somewhat boring Cole zone. But the album ? It's great. Great debut from top to bottom. Really well put together. The only question remains if it's gonna still sound great in 6 months.

Quadruple OG

« Reply #51 on: September 24, 2011, 08:51:39 AM »

Yes on both. It's getting great reviews from what I've seen elsewhere.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #52 on: September 24, 2011, 04:29:01 PM »

Also, this...

How you figure that? Of course it has to do with this thread. The thread is about Cole's album. Which, like I said, isn't anything special. We're looking at this "golden child"'s peak & it's really nothing to write home about.

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #53 on: September 25, 2011, 01:14:09 AM »

Also, this...

How you figure that? Of course it has to do with this thread. The thread is about Cole's album. Which, like I said, isn't anything special. We're looking at this "golden child"'s peak & it's really nothing to write home about.

How do you know that? How can you tell it's his peak?

kemizt

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #54 on: September 25, 2011, 02:50:43 AM »
Cham's just caught himself up in a rant, I can only see Cole getting better, similar to Jay Z. Have been giving the album crazy burn, I definitely think this will be looked back at as a modern hip hop classic, it's good to see people talking about the music and not predicting sales as well.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #55 on: September 25, 2011, 07:38:24 AM »
You people are acting like he's got one album. Son has over 50 songs.

50 Cent 50 songs deep was The Massacre & you all started to turn on him.

Snoop Dogg 50 songs deep started sounding pretty average.

He has a large body of work to judge him by & it's just "pretty good". There is nothing special about him. I mean, I'm obviously right, look at these responses. "How do you know he's at his peak?", "You're caught in your own rant", "What are you talking about?". How about somebody defends this "incredibly fantastic" music by naming them.

Cole had high expectations. He didn't meet them. Sure, you can all say, "yeah, but that doesn't mean he's wack" & my response to that is, I agree, he isn't "wack". He's just average.

Blood$

« Reply #56 on: September 25, 2011, 09:24:52 AM »
well this album has now passed the whip test  8)

definitely buying this now even though I was pretty set on it anyway

Lunatic

« Reply #57 on: September 25, 2011, 09:37:15 AM »
Copping this and FIFA 12 Tuesday lol
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

NotoriousTDA

« Reply #58 on: September 25, 2011, 10:36:40 AM »
this album is good, but lets be honest evidence dropped the best album on the 27th. that shit is heat rocks

Trizzle

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • #Section80
« Reply #59 on: September 25, 2011, 11:23:49 AM »
Copping this and FIFA 12 Tuesday lol

i want to measure you ;)