Author Topic: The Official J. Cole "Cole World: The Sideline Story" Thread  (Read 1467 times)

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
Re: The Official J. Cole "Cole World: The Sideline Story" Thread
« Reply #50 on: September 24, 2011, 03:00:18 AM »
I was also a big skeptic. Because lately he was stuck in his somewhat boring Cole zone. But the album ? It's great. Great debut from top to bottom. Really well put together. The only question remains if it's gonna still sound great in 6 months.

Quadruple OG

« Reply #51 on: September 24, 2011, 08:51:39 AM »
The only song with a decent amount of replay value is "Dollar & A Dream III".

Come on thats gotta be a troll post. I usually dont involved in arguments and i probably wont respond after this but ure telling me Lost Ones is not a great song?

Definite contender for album of the year.

Yes on both. It's getting great reviews from what I've seen elsewhere.

Chamillitary Click

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #52 on: September 24, 2011, 04:29:01 PM »
There you go. That's more proper terminology. "Dope". Words like "phenomenal" & "incredible" are being thrown around in a thread about music that isn't really anything special when you really listen to it. He's been making the same sounding music since he's hit the scene. I've seen no growth, no improvement.

Like somebody said earlier, "I don't know if this is better than 'The Warm Up'". Cole show no signs of progression, this is the best he will ever be.

Wait, so since Snoop's Doggystyle was the "best he would ever be", does that mean Doggystyle is not a classic? (I am not comparing Doggystyle to Cole World btw and I am not calling Cole World a classic).

Well you kind of answered yourself with what you said in the parenthesis. Cole World is not a classic. It likely won't even go down as album of this year. & as Snoop and almost every other mainstream rapper we've ever seen, you progressively start getting worse after your first album.

Doggystyle is a classic album. Cole World is a pretty solid/dope album. Snoop as his best produced arguably one of the greatest albums ever. Cole at his best produced an album people are excited about because of the hype but will be forgotten about shortly.

I mean, sure. There is a chance he gets better, but so far two street albums (he really tried hard on) & one studio album deep, he really hasn't given us anything that really sticks out that could be remembered long-term. & like I said, most rappers seem to be better earlier in their career rather than later.

Why are you prophesying about the man's future career? This is a discussion about his debut album. Whether he gets better or gets worse in the future has jackall to do with this thread.
Also, this...

How you figure that? Of course it has to do with this thread. The thread is about Cole's album. Which, like I said, isn't anything special. We're looking at this "golden child"'s peak & it's really nothing to write home about.

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Made
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #53 on: September 25, 2011, 01:14:09 AM »
There you go. That's more proper terminology. "Dope". Words like "phenomenal" & "incredible" are being thrown around in a thread about music that isn't really anything special when you really listen to it. He's been making the same sounding music since he's hit the scene. I've seen no growth, no improvement.

Like somebody said earlier, "I don't know if this is better than 'The Warm Up'". Cole show no signs of progression, this is the best he will ever be.

Wait, so since Snoop's Doggystyle was the "best he would ever be", does that mean Doggystyle is not a classic? (I am not comparing Doggystyle to Cole World btw and I am not calling Cole World a classic).

Well you kind of answered yourself with what you said in the parenthesis. Cole World is not a classic. It likely won't even go down as album of this year. & as Snoop and almost every other mainstream rapper we've ever seen, you progressively start getting worse after your first album.

Doggystyle is a classic album. Cole World is a pretty solid/dope album. Snoop as his best produced arguably one of the greatest albums ever. Cole at his best produced an album people are excited about because of the hype but will be forgotten about shortly.

I mean, sure. There is a chance he gets better, but so far two street albums (he really tried hard on) & one studio album deep, he really hasn't given us anything that really sticks out that could be remembered long-term. & like I said, most rappers seem to be better earlier in their career rather than later.

Why are you prophesying about the man's future career? This is a discussion about his debut album. Whether he gets better or gets worse in the future has jackall to do with this thread.
Also, this...

How you figure that? Of course it has to do with this thread. The thread is about Cole's album. Which, like I said, isn't anything special. We're looking at this "golden child"'s peak & it's really nothing to write home about.

How do you know that? How can you tell it's his peak?

kemizt

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #54 on: September 25, 2011, 02:50:43 AM »
Cham's just caught himself up in a rant, I can only see Cole getting better, similar to Jay Z. Have been giving the album crazy burn, I definitely think this will be looked back at as a modern hip hop classic, it's good to see people talking about the music and not predicting sales as well.

Chamillitary Click

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #55 on: September 25, 2011, 07:38:24 AM »
You people are acting like he's got one album. Son has over 50 songs.

50 Cent 50 songs deep was The Massacre & you all started to turn on him.

Snoop Dogg 50 songs deep started sounding pretty average.

He has a large body of work to judge him by & it's just "pretty good". There is nothing special about him. I mean, I'm obviously right, look at these responses. "How do you know he's at his peak?", "You're caught in your own rant", "What are you talking about?". How about somebody defends this "incredibly fantastic" music by naming them.

Cole had high expectations. He didn't meet them. Sure, you can all say, "yeah, but that doesn't mean he's wack" & my response to that is, I agree, he isn't "wack". He's just average.

Blood$

« Reply #56 on: September 25, 2011, 09:24:52 AM »
well this album has now passed the whip test  8)

definitely buying this now even though I was pretty set on it anyway

Lunatic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #57 on: September 25, 2011, 09:37:15 AM »
Copping this and FIFA 12 Tuesday lol
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

NotoriousTDA

« Reply #58 on: September 25, 2011, 10:36:40 AM »
this album is good, but lets be honest evidence dropped the best album on the 27th. that shit is heat rocks

Trizzle

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • Offline Offline
  • #Section80
« Reply #59 on: September 25, 2011, 11:23:49 AM »
Copping this and FIFA 12 Tuesday lol

i want to measure you ;)

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Made
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #60 on: September 25, 2011, 11:24:04 AM »

He has a large body of work to judge him by & it's just "pretty good". There is nothing special about him. I mean, I'm obviously right, look at these responses. "How do you know he's at his peak?", "You're caught in your own rant", "What are you talking about?". How about somebody defends this "incredibly fantastic" music by naming them.

Cole had high expectations. He didn't meet them. Sure, you can all say, "yeah, but that doesn't mean he's wack" & my response to that is, I agree, he isn't "wack". He's just average.

Lol, you're talking like you got the answers, like you know what's good and what's not. When really it's just your opinion. I'mma go ahead and let you hate, cause I will sure enjoy this album for a damn long time. I've listened to this album once now, and he for sure met my expectations.

kemizt

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #61 on: September 25, 2011, 02:29:14 PM »

You just fucked up with that 50 comparison, homie had already made 3 albums and a group album PRIOR to Massacre, and a whole gang of mixtape shit, Massacre would have been 50 after making 1 or 2 hundred tracks.

Cham it's obvious you don't like Cole, and it's obvious alot of people do, your opinion is just that, your opinion, stop acting like it is the gospel.

SCREWFACE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #62 on: September 25, 2011, 02:39:00 PM »

You just fucked up with that 50 comparison, homie had already made 3 albums and a group album PRIOR to Massacre, and a whole gang of mixtape shit, Massacre would have been 50 after making 1 or 2 hundred tracks.

Cham it's obvious you don't like Cole, and it's obvious alot of people do, your opinion is just that, your opinion, stop acting like it is the gospel.

yeah 50 was at least 50 tracks deep before he even released GRODT, but anyway dont listen to cham, he has no idea what the fuck hes talking about as usual

Chamillitary Click

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #63 on: September 25, 2011, 03:20:14 PM »
Stop, 50 had one album (Power of A Dollar). And a bunch of mixtapes. Let's all hop off the Cole bandwagon & stop making up facts.

"The Warm Up" & "Friday Night Lights" are not mixtapes; like 50's. Those are two street albums he put two-three verses & hook on every song. He made all those songs like he would album songs. They weren't some 50 bar freestyles.

& K.Dub. Like I said, just point me to this greatness where my opinion of him just be "alright" isn't true? I figured you guys would be throwing songs in my face instead of just saying, "ahhh I don't want to hear it, I love Cole, lalalalalalalalalala".

Once this flops, Jay only makes him more mainstream from here.

Matty

« Reply #64 on: September 25, 2011, 06:59:27 PM »
the album bumps and cole is very decent. he sounds a lot better than some of these new cats who get a lot of radio play and attention. i don't think this anything is anything classic but it's real good, the production is strong. i think the first half has most of the better stuff though. who dat would be up there with the better tracks.

Lunatic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #65 on: September 25, 2011, 08:29:04 PM »
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Made
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #66 on: September 25, 2011, 09:59:09 PM »
Stop, 50 had one album (Power of A Dollar). And a bunch of mixtapes. Let's all hop off the Cole bandwagon & stop making up facts.

"The Warm Up" & "Friday Night Lights" are not mixtapes; like 50's. Those are two street albums he put two-three verses & hook on every song. He made all those songs like he would album songs. They weren't some 50 bar freestyles.

& K.Dub. Like I said, just point me to this greatness where my opinion of him just be "alright" isn't true? I figured you guys would be throwing songs in my face instead of just saying, "ahhh I don't want to hear it, I love Cole, lalalalalalalalalala".

Lol, I'm not on this board to argue and beef like this, that's for sure. I'm not gonna post any tracks just to "prove" Cole's one of the best out right now. Initially, I wasn't going to react to your statements, but you obviously got what you wanted. Deep down, I don't care if you don't like Cole or thinks he's average or whatever.

kemizt

SCREWFACE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #67 on: September 26, 2011, 02:55:09 AM »

i dont give a fuck about cole really, dude isnt so amazing. just calling you on on saying dumb shit. the songs on 50s mixtapes werent just freestyles, dude changed the game. u can say they dont count as real count as real songs if u want but its all just arguing over terms. he was 50 tracks deep by his first REAL album

Lucifuge

« Reply #68 on: September 26, 2011, 03:53:43 AM »
Album is fucking fresh. Dont know what the fuck people talking about
ALESSANDRO DEL PIERO!!!

Detox 2000Never

tyranasaurus rex like fuck a bitch
i once saw a pterdactyl fuck a bitch
eat a bowl these bitch gobbling dick
hoes forgot to eat a dick a shut the fuck up
roll through crenshaw on my pterdactyl like what up!
By kevin t as Kurupt :D

Chamillitary Click

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #69 on: September 26, 2011, 09:03:46 AM »

i dont give a fuck about cole really, dude isnt so amazing. just calling you on on saying dumb shit. the songs on 50s mixtapes werent just freestyles, dude changed the game. u can say they dont count as real count as real songs if u want but its all just arguing over terms. he was 50 tracks deep by his first REAL album

They changed the game, but they were freestyles. No more, no less.

Ashtrey

• Lil Geezy
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #70 on: September 26, 2011, 09:05:43 AM »
Def in my Top3 this year, pretty dope Album  8)
Let them haters hate

Greenbrigade

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #71 on: September 26, 2011, 01:48:19 PM »
Agree with cham on this. J.Cole doesnt really stand out for me and i find him pretty borin.

SCREWFACE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #72 on: September 26, 2011, 02:32:53 PM »

he made SONGS on another dudes beat instead of just freestlying you dolt. thats why it changed the game. u will seriously argue anything rather than just take the L

BG Rapsodie

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #73 on: September 26, 2011, 02:40:31 PM »

So in other words.....50 Cent had the career of Crooked I before GRODT?

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #74 on: September 26, 2011, 02:49:26 PM »

Guess who's back 1 and 2 was made up of tracks made prior to get rich, and there's mixtapes filled with full songs made prior. Cham you're comparison was wrong, it's ok.