Author Topic: The Official J. Cole "Cole World: The Sideline Story" Thread  (Read 2098 times)

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: The Official J. Cole "Cole World: The Sideline Story" Thread
« Reply #60 on: September 25, 2011, 11:24:04 AM »
You people are acting like he's got one album. Son has over 50 songs.

50 Cent 50 songs deep was The Massacre & you all started to turn on him.

Snoop Dogg 50 songs deep started sounding pretty average.

He has a large body of work to judge him by & it's just "pretty good". There is nothing special about him. I mean, I'm obviously right, look at these responses. "How do you know he's at his peak?", "You're caught in your own rant", "What are you talking about?". How about somebody defends this "incredibly fantastic" music by naming them.

Cole had high expectations. He didn't meet them. Sure, you can all say, "yeah, but that doesn't mean he's wack" & my response to that is, I agree, he isn't "wack". He's just average.

Lol, you're talking like you got the answers, like you know what's good and what's not. When really it's just your opinion. I'mma go ahead and let you hate, cause I will sure enjoy this album for a damn long time. I've listened to this album once now, and he for sure met my expectations.

kemizt

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #61 on: September 25, 2011, 02:29:14 PM »

He has a large body of work to judge him by & it's just "pretty good". There is nothing special about him. I mean, I'm obviously right, look at these responses. "How do you know he's at his peak?", "You're caught in your own rant", "What are you talking about?". How about somebody defends this "incredibly fantastic" music by naming them.

Cole had high expectations. He didn't meet them. Sure, you can all say, "yeah, but that doesn't mean he's wack" & my response to that is, I agree, he isn't "wack". He's just average.

You just fucked up with that 50 comparison, homie had already made 3 albums and a group album PRIOR to Massacre, and a whole gang of mixtape shit, Massacre would have been 50 after making 1 or 2 hundred tracks.

Cham it's obvious you don't like Cole, and it's obvious alot of people do, your opinion is just that, your opinion, stop acting like it is the gospel.

SCREWFACE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #62 on: September 25, 2011, 02:39:00 PM »

You just fucked up with that 50 comparison, homie had already made 3 albums and a group album PRIOR to Massacre, and a whole gang of mixtape shit, Massacre would have been 50 after making 1 or 2 hundred tracks.

Cham it's obvious you don't like Cole, and it's obvious alot of people do, your opinion is just that, your opinion, stop acting like it is the gospel.

yeah 50 was at least 50 tracks deep before he even released GRODT, but anyway dont listen to cham, he has no idea what the fuck hes talking about as usual

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #63 on: September 25, 2011, 03:20:14 PM »
Stop, 50 had one album (Power of A Dollar). And a bunch of mixtapes. Let's all hop off the Cole bandwagon & stop making up facts.

"The Warm Up" & "Friday Night Lights" are not mixtapes; like 50's. Those are two street albums he put two-three verses & hook on every song. He made all those songs like he would album songs. They weren't some 50 bar freestyles.

& K.Dub. Like I said, just point me to this greatness where my opinion of him just be "alright" isn't true? I figured you guys would be throwing songs in my face instead of just saying, "ahhh I don't want to hear it, I love Cole, lalalalalalalalalala".

Once this flops, Jay only makes him more mainstream from here.

Matty

« Reply #64 on: September 25, 2011, 06:59:27 PM »
the album bumps and cole is very decent. he sounds a lot better than some of these new cats who get a lot of radio play and attention. i don't think this anything is anything classic but it's real good, the production is strong. i think the first half has most of the better stuff though. who dat would be up there with the better tracks.

Lunatic

« Reply #65 on: September 25, 2011, 08:29:04 PM »
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #66 on: September 25, 2011, 09:59:09 PM »
Stop, 50 had one album (Power of A Dollar). And a bunch of mixtapes. Let's all hop off the Cole bandwagon & stop making up facts.

"The Warm Up" & "Friday Night Lights" are not mixtapes; like 50's. Those are two street albums he put two-three verses & hook on every song. He made all those songs like he would album songs. They weren't some 50 bar freestyles.

& K.Dub. Like I said, just point me to this greatness where my opinion of him just be "alright" isn't true? I figured you guys would be throwing songs in my face instead of just saying, "ahhh I don't want to hear it, I love Cole, lalalalalalalalalala".

Lol, I'm not on this board to argue and beef like this, that's for sure. I'm not gonna post any tracks just to "prove" Cole's one of the best out right now. Initially, I wasn't going to react to your statements, but you obviously got what you wanted. Deep down, I don't care if you don't like Cole or thinks he's average or whatever.

kemizt

SCREWFACE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #67 on: September 26, 2011, 02:55:09 AM »

i dont give a fuck about cole really, dude isnt so amazing. just calling you on on saying dumb shit. the songs on 50s mixtapes werent just freestyles, dude changed the game. u can say they dont count as real count as real songs if u want but its all just arguing over terms. he was 50 tracks deep by his first REAL album

Lucifuge

« Reply #68 on: September 26, 2011, 03:53:43 AM »
Album is fucking fresh. Dont know what the fuck people talking about
ALESSANDRO DEL PIERO!!!

Detox 2000Never

tyranasaurus rex like fuck a bitch
i once saw a pterdactyl fuck a bitch
eat a bowl these bitch gobbling dick
hoes forgot to eat a dick a shut the fuck up
roll through crenshaw on my pterdactyl like what up!
By kevin t as Kurupt :D

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #69 on: September 26, 2011, 09:03:46 AM »

i dont give a fuck about cole really, dude isnt so amazing. just calling you on on saying dumb shit. the songs on 50s mixtapes werent just freestyles, dude changed the game. u can say they dont count as real count as real songs if u want but its all just arguing over terms. he was 50 tracks deep by his first REAL album

They changed the game, but they were freestyles. No more, no less.

Ashtrey

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #70 on: September 26, 2011, 09:05:43 AM »
Def in my Top3 this year, pretty dope Album  8)
Let them haters hate

Greenbrigade

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #71 on: September 26, 2011, 01:48:19 PM »
Agree with cham on this. J.Cole doesnt really stand out for me and i find him pretty borin.

SCREWFACE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #72 on: September 26, 2011, 02:32:53 PM »

he made SONGS on another dudes beat instead of just freestlying you dolt. thats why it changed the game. u will seriously argue anything rather than just take the L

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #73 on: September 26, 2011, 02:40:31 PM »

So in other words.....50 Cent had the career of Crooked I before GRODT?

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #74 on: September 26, 2011, 02:49:26 PM »

Guess who's back 1 and 2 was made up of tracks made prior to get rich, and there's mixtapes filled with full songs made prior. Cham you're comparison was wrong, it's ok.