Author Topic: The Official J. Cole "Cole World: The Sideline Story" Thread  (Read 2099 times)

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: The Official J. Cole "Cole World: The Sideline Story" Thread
« Reply #90 on: September 28, 2011, 07:43:50 AM »
Damn, so he produced most of the album himself?
He produced all but 2 tracks
Whoa.
Sorry, all but 3
http://www.dubcnn.com/connect/index.php?topic=272069.0
Also had some co-production help on some.
Still very impressive.
Aye, it sure is. Not many debutants on a major gets to do that.

Apparently he had a hand in every track on the album, additional instrumentation, arrangements etc. One talented mahfuckka and I only see him getting better.
Yeah now that I see that Vault thread, I already knew he produced a large chunck of it, lol.

And I agree dubsmith, let's hope he progress.

kemizt

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #91 on: September 28, 2011, 10:41:46 AM »
Stop, 50 had one album (Power of A Dollar). And a bunch of mixtapes. Let's all hop off the Cole bandwagon & stop making up facts.

"The Warm Up" & "Friday Night Lights" are not mixtapes; like 50's. Those are two street albums he put two-three verses & hook on every song. He made all those songs like he would album songs. They weren't some 50 bar freestyles.
They changed the game, but they were freestyles. No more, no less.
So in other words.....50 Cent had the career of Crooked I before GRODT?

Well Crooked I put a lot more effort in it than 50 Cent. Most of Crooked I's verses we hear would of been album material. 50 Cent just made some freestyles.

No, most of Crooked I's lyrics were freestyles over other people's beats with no song structure. 50 Cent was doing songs. Hooks, verses and everything.

Portugoal

« Reply #92 on: September 28, 2011, 09:37:01 PM »
I don't think I've ever heard something from J. Cole, not sure... but if I were to listen for the 1st or 2nd time to J. Cole, how would I like this album?

OG Jaydc

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Fuck your opinion.
« Reply #93 on: September 28, 2011, 10:00:22 PM »
I'm picking up my copy on Friday, I'll leave my thoughts next week.

He's on pace to sell 225K it's being reported  :o

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #94 on: September 28, 2011, 10:07:10 PM »
I don't think I've ever heard something from J. Cole, not sure... but if I were to listen for the 1st or 2nd time to J. Cole, how would I like this album?

I'd imagine you'd dig it.

kemizt

Lunatic

« Reply #95 on: September 28, 2011, 10:09:15 PM »
Something happened out here today that has never happened to me before. I went to HMV to pick the album up and got this response "Sorry, we're sold out. You're like the 10th person to come in here since we sold out."

Wow.
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #96 on: September 28, 2011, 10:28:48 PM »
Something happened out here today that has never happened to me before. I went to HMV to pick the album up and got this response "Sorry, we're sold out. You're like the 10th person to come in here since we sold out."

Wow.
That's great!  ;)

kemizt

Lucifuge

« Reply #97 on: September 28, 2011, 11:00:25 PM »
Album is fucking fresh, even track with Drake is good. Some grate beats!
ALESSANDRO DEL PIERO!!!

Detox 2000Never

tyranasaurus rex like fuck a bitch
i once saw a pterdactyl fuck a bitch
eat a bowl these bitch gobbling dick
hoes forgot to eat a dick a shut the fuck up
roll through crenshaw on my pterdactyl like what up!
By kevin t as Kurupt :D

Episcop Cruel Cvrle

« Reply #98 on: September 29, 2011, 10:40:54 AM »
Very nice album after first listen... 8)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

SLAUGHTERHOUSE PLAYER YOU ALREADY KNOW THO,A PIG IS OUR LOGO, BUT WE AINT THA PO-PO

WWW.DYNASTYENTGROUP.COM    WWW.THEBOSSBOARD.COM

OG Jaydc

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Fuck your opinion.
« Reply #99 on: September 29, 2011, 06:42:01 PM »

Wow.

Lol, man I just came on to say the same thing. I get paid every Friday so I usually wait until Friday to buy my CDs but I wanted this so I went today and it was sold out. Ive never had that happen to me before. The chick at the counter said pretty much the same thing. Had to reserve a copy for when they come in.

Lunatic

« Reply #100 on: September 29, 2011, 06:49:00 PM »

Wow.

Lol, man I just came on to say the same thing. I get paid every Friday so I usually wait until Friday to buy my CDs but I wanted this so I went today and it was sold out. Ive never had that happen to me before. The chick at the counter said pretty much the same thing. Had to reserve a copy for when they come in.
It's crazy!

I'm goin' back Monday and they should have more copies
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #101 on: October 04, 2011, 04:06:40 AM »
A couple of reviews I found

This one's funny as hell ;D
http://bigghostnahmean.blogspot.com/2011/09/big-ghost-review-for-cole-world.html

This one is very on point in my opinion
http://www.rapreviews.com/archive/2011_09_coleworld.html

kemizt

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #102 on: October 04, 2011, 08:54:14 AM »
^In all seriousness, outside of his serious dislike for Drake's music, P Tone gives the most real reviews. He keys in on the flaws people just want to overlook, but are the same people who will say it about some other rapper they aren't feeling.

I read his review all the way through, although fucking hilarious, he does raise some good points. His hook game sounds the same & for the most part weak throughout the album, the production was, for the most part, a miss & that "lamest bar:" thing he did at the end of each song was great. It's kind of like, if I told you I like Lil' Wayne's music, you guys would be like "He's fucking awful. One of the worst rappers. He has lines like, "insert corny Wayne punchline". But this "great rapper", J. Cole, just gets to say lines just about equally as bad at least once a song & it's like, "Oh, it's okay".

I'd flip your last post around & say

A couple of reviews I found

This one is very on point in my opinion
http://bigghostnahmean.blogspot.com/2011/09/big-ghost-review-for-cole-world.html

This one is funny as hell ;D (for hyping Cole up like he's something great)
http://www.rapreviews.com/archive/2011_09_coleworld.html

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #103 on: October 04, 2011, 09:01:57 AM »
^In all seriousness, outside of his serious dislike for Drake's music, P Tone gives the most real reviews. He keys in on the flaws people just want to overlook, but are the same people who will say it about some other rapper they aren't feeling.

I read his review all the way through, although fucking hilarious, he does raise some good points. His hook game sounds the same & for the most part weak throughout the album, the production was, for the most part, a miss & that "lamest bar:" thing he did at the end of each song was great. It's kind of like, if I told you I like Lil' Wayne's music, you guys would be like "He's fucking awful. One of the worst rappers. He has lines like, "insert corny Wayne punchline". But this "great rapper", J. Cole, just gets to say lines just about equally as bad at least once a song & it's like, "Oh, it's okay".

Yes, that P Tone review has some solid points, I'll give him that.
Also, I wouldn't say RR's journalist is praising and hyping Cole _that_ much.

kemizt

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #104 on: October 04, 2011, 10:50:58 AM »
^I'll be honest, I didn't read the other review. I saw the first couple lines, where he was like "straight fire, incredible lyrics", etc & I was just like...Oh, I know where this is going lol.