Author Topic: What is the best DVD/VCR-combo??  (Read 124 times)

Jome

What is the best DVD/VCR-combo??
« on: January 27, 2003, 10:59:13 PM »
I need a new VCR-player, and I thought fuck it, why not go with one with DVD as well.
I have a Pioneer 444 DVD too, but the VCR broke...
Anybody have these combo-machines??

I know Toshiba was the pioneer of this, but now Sony, Sharp, Samsung, Radionette, Philips, Panasonic and more has jumped the BW.. (Not even considering Radionette)

I'm considering these:

Panasonic:

Toshiba:

Samsung:

Philips:

Sony:

« Last Edit: January 27, 2003, 10:59:56 PM by Bullet Jome »

S.G.V.

Re:What is the best DVD/VCR-combo??
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2003, 11:06:38 PM »
dont buy a combo...if i learned anything from workin at sears its this...combos are fucked up...once one side goes the whole product is fucked...

Jome

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2003, 04:01:57 PM »
So they break down real easy, is that what you saying??
Are they all very similar, or you just know this to be a issue with one of them?
And where did you work at?? Sears??

The Big Bad Ass

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2003, 05:08:39 PM »
Yo Jome, I have worked at Walmart, and Office Max, and I see those things get returned all the time. I'm not sure about all of those models, just haven't heard, or seen good things from them.

S.G.V.

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2003, 06:08:11 PM »
So they break down real easy, is that what you saying??
Are they all very similar, or you just know this to be a issue with one of them?
And where did you work at?? Sears??
yea they break down easy...and when they break they break...there aint no sense in fixin em...i member i sold one...and the next day it came back...cuz it didnt work...ive seen many like that...all kinds of brands...and i worked a sears...its a rather large department store throughout the u.s.

Jome

« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2003, 07:02:33 PM »
Ooh, thanks for the advice, I think I'ma go with a VCR instead then, since I already have a DVD.
Good looking people.  :D

Suga Foot

« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2003, 07:05:47 PM »
I got a sony VCR for like 150 bones.  I've had it for like 2 years, works like a charm.

S.G.V.

« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2003, 07:07:39 PM »
I got a sony VCR for like 150 bones.  I've had it for like 2 years, works like a charm.
u shoulda waited...i got my vcr for 50 bolas...works fine

Suga Foot

« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2003, 07:10:28 PM »
We got another VCR that my parents paid 800 bucks for, it can do some nutty stuff tho.  It can play a movie at double time, with sound and everything.  It can even make ICE!  well, actaully no it can't, but it's still cool.

The Big Bad Ass

« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2003, 07:13:03 PM »
We got another VCR that my parents paid 800 bucks for, it can do some nutty stuff tho.  It can play a movie at double time, with sound and everything.  It can even make ICE!  well, actaully no it can't, but it's still cool.

LMAO.

S.G.V.

« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2003, 07:14:04 PM »
lmao...i was about to invite myself over to ur house...but then i saw u were playin  :'( ...im never goin over...

Jome

« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2003, 08:07:03 PM »
It can even make ICE!  well, actaully no it can't, but it's still cool.

LMAO.
And that's why I never skip a Suga Foot post..  ;D ;D