Author Topic: TRAP MUSIC recommendations?  (Read 66 times)

Lil Sleazy

TRAP MUSIC recommendations?
« on: September 23, 2011, 08:31:17 AM »
Been listening to a lot of Young Jeezy lately, especially the Trap Or Die and The Real Is Back mixtapes. He is great and I'm looking forward to TM103 but I'd really like to find some music from other similar artists as well. I'd especially like to find new music (not that there wasn't a lot of great stuff released back in the 90's).

Gucci Mane is pretty good but seems to be kinda hit-or-miss. Does he have any albums/mixtapes that are good throughout?

Also been listening to Lil Boosie, Rick Ross, Clipse, Yo Gotti, Alley Boy they are all pretty good but I get kinda bored of any one of them pretty quick.

It would be really great if the lyrics were along certain lines. I realize this list will seem weird or dumb to many but whatever. The music doesn't have to include everything I want to hear about and can have some things I don't really wanna hear but anyway...

What I want to hear about:

* Excessive and unapologetic weed smoking. This is the most important thing for me 8). The rhymes should really show that the person knows what they are talking about. Preferably with more indepth knowledge about the subject than your average stoner has. Use the right lingo, talk about things that make sense.

* Work motivation. Positive attitude to working hard and making money. Doesn't have to be by selling drugs (but that is preferred).

* Both the negative and positive sides of being a criminal.

* Violence, weapons, stuff along those lines. But only used as necessary tools.

* Clever bling. I don't wanna hear about no Gucci bags I wanna hear about the Louis V holster.

What I don't want to hear:

* Pimp/ho/trick stuff.

* Horrorcore type glorification of violence.

So any recommendations?

P.S. Don't care about the artist's "street cred" or any dumb shit like that. It's music.

Blood$

Re: TRAP MUSIC recommendations?
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2011, 09:03:48 AM »
well you pretty much named them all