Author Topic: DJ Quik fucked his own career up with that TRASH beat on the Black Album  (Read 1810 times)

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
Re: DJ Quik fucked his own career up with that TRASH beat on the Black Album
« Reply #75 on: September 20, 2011, 01:55:13 AM »
Eminem was never aiming for an MTV/mainstream-crowd when he came out, he just rapped about his white trash-life, just so happnd it bcame a success in the mainstream..
once he got signed, he did aim for mainstream success

Darkwing Duck (The Reincarnation)

« Reply #76 on: September 20, 2011, 07:14:22 AM »
dude, im not goin to read all of this shit.
its funny, Jimmy - but u alwyas tend to argue about the most irrelevant things n transcend the debates into speeches and political fury or some shit
ur entitled to ur opinions,, but im not wit this "ranking rappers wit A-list, B-list-D-list grade-cards like they are "Big brother"-celebrities
a rapper is either in the mainstream or in the underground,, n i dont care if a rapper worked wit 2pac or Whitney Houston 10 years prior to that and has ome old platinum-plaque from the 90's on his wall. i dont care if KRS-One or Jedi Mind Tricks is aiming for a specific type of "audience" wit they music, n if they decide to pigeonhole they music wit the "underground"-label just cuz  they feel like it. an artist can't nonchalantly label his music "underground", the consumers/media and market are responsible for that
Eminem was never aiming for an MTV/mainstream-crowd when he came out, he just rapped about his white trash-life, just so happnd it bcame a success in the mainstream..
And it's funny how you obviously want to continue to argue out your point yet you seem to lack the attention span to read *gasp* three paragraphs? It's not like I'm asking for a book report on "War and Peace" here. Silly me. I thought the point of a debate was to actually use information to prove your point. Next time, I should maybe just dumb it all down with sarcastic replies like "dude, I'm not reading that". Sorry, if I lost you with all the big words there, partner. I'll sum it up with the cliffnotes edition here.

Music doesn't fall into two simply-defined categories like "mainstream" and "underground". You obviously don't agree and don't have much interest in an opposing opinion so we'll leave it at that.

Continue with your sarcastic banter about how people who like to write full sentences are full of "political fury" even though none of them contain any actual commentary on politics. Obviously, anyone who likes to read and write is "angry".  

im sayn what im sayn tho.
if u wouldve been a lawyer, n argued/debated about murderers under oath in court, i guess i could follow you and ur "speeches"
but im not reading a bible of "nonsense"-text, if u merely want to argue  about the  defintion of the substantive "underground" (a matter that is a no-brainer)

not steppin on ur toes either, so dont get sensitive on me. im sayin, u write too much about nonsense...  come on, Jimmy :eh:

quoting some California-philosopher like Shlomo Sher, n tryin to validate his "thoughts about music" as objective facts?
 ???
« Last Edit: September 20, 2011, 07:16:17 AM by Michael Madsen »

Raje

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #77 on: September 20, 2011, 08:05:23 AM »
Justify My Thug was an amazing beat and song...what yall talkin bout?
Raje'
R2D2...
ASAP| 5482 Wilshire Blvd. Suite 1604 | Los Angeles | California | 90036 | 323.405.RAJE | www.MrBrackins.com

polepositon

« Reply #78 on: September 20, 2011, 10:13:22 AM »
i'm listening to the justify my thug. It's a hot beat. Just wish I could hear another rapper over it.

JG

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • try not to do tbt though, people here dont like it
« Reply #79 on: September 20, 2011, 11:35:43 AM »
Dj Quik killed his career when he sold out on Trauma. Working with Chungy etc.

Elkoizm

« Reply #80 on: September 20, 2011, 07:27:17 PM »
^ He produced 'Bagg Up' on Chingy's first album so they worked together long before Trauma du.

TerryMak

« Reply #81 on: September 20, 2011, 10:04:52 PM »

Gosh Darn.. Ultimate Warrior Shit!! Fyre!!

samutahjazz

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #82 on: September 20, 2011, 11:53:40 PM »
yeah that beat was terrible. worst on the album by far, really the only one i skip. wasnt lost one suppose to be for the black album??

polepositon

« Reply #83 on: September 23, 2011, 11:17:36 AM »
wow. I've never heard that bagg up beat before. HOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YEEEEEEEEEA. that's hot. y'all trippin